ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by ken.michaud"
ken.michaud

Posted Jul 24, 2015 in: Toodledo for Apple Watch
Score: -1
Apple Watches are shipping at a rate of ~4M units per quarter - 75% of the market.

Pebble, Sony, and all other non-Apple/Samsung smart watch manufacturers combined shipped under a million units this quarter - 17% of the market.

Please don't waste your limited energies on developing apps for products that hold a small and shrinking minority of an already tiny market (smart watches). There is far too much that still needs to be done on your core apps.

This message was edited Jul 24, 2015.
ken.michaud

Posted Jul 14, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Score: 1
I'd second that post - color coding the chain.

The particular means of implementing it (red/green/gray) might not be too well thought out, but it would be nice if one could differentiate between failures and non-entries.
ken.michaud

Posted Jun 09, 2015 in: Progress Report - May 2015
Score: 2
ken.michaud

Score: 0
Same problem - Galaxy S4 with custom ROM (AOKP)
ken.michaud

Posted May 17, 2015 in: Android Update 5.8
It would be nice if things were available offline, in case you're in an area without service.

I often shop in Home Depot and make an Outline that contains my shopping list. Something about my local Home Depot seems to degrade cell signals, and unless I keep my screen on with the list open I lose access to my list. This happens frequently in supermarkets as well.

This message was edited May 17, 2015.
ken.michaud

Posted May 07, 2015 in: Progress Report - April 2015
Score: 1
Posted by melchizW:
Agree that more focus is needed on the task tab . Would be interesting to know how many people actually subscribed [paid ] to get access to the outlines and lists and habits features . They are nice but I'd be surprised to find they're your bread and butter .
Everyone I tell about toodledo is impressed with the power , but they don't stick with it and they don't subscribe because of the appearance .

Honestly? If the functionality is the best on the market but it's not pretty enough, functionality should win over. If it doesn't... I don't even know what to say to that. Maybe take another look at your priorities?
ken.michaud

Posted Apr 15, 2015 in: New Section: Lists
Something like this would be great, and you wouldn't need timelines or any such thing:

http://www.spiderscribe.net/app/?563c95b9a4bbfe7458034d5863d8bc23
ken.michaud

Posted Apr 15, 2015 in: New Section: Lists
Posted by jeremiah.moss:
I don't really know if people really want exact times (even if they say they do) as much as indications of progress.

Web development can be a slow thing sometimes, despite all the hubub about technology progressing faster than ever. Probably due to the fact that everything's about servers, databases and networking these days. Lots more overhead than software made in the '80s and '90s. I don't blame people for being impatient.

Strongly agree with this. I completely understand why you guys don't implement timelines; your explanation makes a lot of sense.

But how about this: along with every Progress Report, post (with appropriate disclaimers) roughly what we should expect in the near future. No need for specific times, but if it's a feature that you've internally committed to and are actively working on, why not make it public, with whatever degree of vagueness as to its description that you feel comfortable with?
ken.michaud

Posted Apr 01, 2015 in: Goals Feature
Score: 2
Strongly seconded. This is the only major feature that Toodledo is really missing. Everything else that I'd change about Toodledo is secondary or only requires some tweaking.

I don't like GoalsOnTrack (it's expensive, developers are nontransparent, and they don't even give you a free trial) but this is one thing they do that Toodledo should replicate: http://www.goalsontrack.com/

This message was edited Apr 01, 2015.
ken.michaud

Posted Mar 18, 2015 in: New Section: Habits
Habits currently won't load. Says there's a redirect loop