ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SleepySpider_2"
SleepySpider_2

Posted Mar 08, 2023 in: How to get old look back?
Score: 0
I cleared my cache on Microsoft Edge and it fixed the issue. Super weird. Thanks!
Also it did not occur on other browsers.

This message was edited Mar 08, 2023.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Feb 17, 2023 in: How to get old look back?
I hate the new icons and look. Did anyone ask to update the icons and check boxes?
C with a circle doesn't mean calendar to me. It means C with a circle.
A box with a bunch of dots looks like a calendar so I assume it is.
SleepySpider_2

Score: 5
WHOO!!

I looked for alternatives. They all sucked.
If you change toodledo, don't make it suck. Thanks!
SleepySpider_2

Anant's Profile

So if you go to Anant's account profile page, the last visit time/date is pretty recent. Just FYI.

This message was edited Feb 11, 2021.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Feb 11, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Task angel only synced about 50% of my tasks.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Feb 19, 2016 in: Organizing tasks
Wow. I just realized I didn't answer your question.

If you want to keep your subtasks in order, just number them.

01 - step 01
02 - step 02
etc.

I normally just schedule subtasks on a specific day so I can just look at the day and see what I need to do that day.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Feb 19, 2016 in: Organizing tasks
This is what I do, but I like the system so far, but it might be a little over the top. There are much easier systems probably... I have about 2000 tasks + projects. Some large, some small. Some fit into multiple categories and it was chaotic. Overtime I've come up with a better and better system. GTD wasn't good enough for me and had some serious issues, like repeatables and gigantic someday/maybe lists.

1) Forget folders. Just tag things. Tags are more flexible and act like folders anyways. Use tags to categorize your types of projects (or tasks). You can shove a task into two "folders" this way.
2) If you have the ability to create subtasks, the parent task should be a "project". If there are too many subtasks, create a tag for the project instead.
3) Create a tag called "_projects" or "active_projects", these are the currently active projects you are working on in your queue. Only tag something that is an active project as "_projects".

I would name a "project" parent task like this: 01.10.20 - Build shed out back. I would then tag this guy as "_projects, housework"

Active Identifier: The first number "01" means it's "active". If it's 02 or 03, those are the order in which you will do your future projects. Sort items alphabetically. If you want, you can have the _projects tag also show upcoming projects by tagging the "02" projects as "_projects" as well.

Tag Identifier: The "10" is just a tag identifier to help sort "housework" projects within the "_projects" tag if you want. If you have 10 tag categories, you'll have projects with the numbers 1-10 for the second number. This isn't really necessary, but it helps me sort them.

Project Identifier: The "20" is how you order the projects within the "housework" tag category itself if you have multiple projects within that category.

Each tag will now contain an organized list of projects for that category.
The "_projects" tag will contain a list of active projects you are working on across all categories.

Now, for each project, you have a list of subtasks to perform. Just create them under the project and set a "due date" if you want. You can then use the calendar to see what you need to do each day. Each week, review your projects and tasks and schedule the next week. Don't schedule too far in advance. No more than one week to keep it flexible. This consumes less time.

This sounds complicated, but it helps me manage and keep track of all the stuff, especially if that stuff fits into multiple categories simultaneously. It prevents me from having to look over and review a gigantic list of things to do. I already know what I need to do because I've planned it already for the week. So you just focus on a single day at a time. At the end of the week, you do a "sprint planning" session and schedule the next week out. Repeat until all projects are done.

I do use some GTD ideas as much as I can, such as "make tasks actionable". "If it's more than one task it's a project", etc. Essentially, for this system, each tag is a categorized "someday/maybe" list (or backlog?). So you have several someday maybe lists so it's easier to manage.

I call this method "Todd's Toodledo-GTD-Agile method" version 03, since I borrow things I like from each.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Jan 31, 2016 in: Rename tag
Score: 1
I want to rename a tag.
I tried this, but I lose all the other tags on a task with if I do a search + bulk replace.
I suppose to do just "add" another tag to it and call it something else....

Are there any other hacks or workarounds for this?
SleepySpider_2

Posted Sep 08, 2015 in: Tags not sorted
Nevermind. I found it. :p
SleepySpider_2

Posted Sep 08, 2015 in: Tags not sorted
I'm not sure what happened, but my tags are no longer alphabetically sorted since the update.
Is there a way to fix this? I could not find an option to do that.
SleepySpider_2

Posted May 10, 2015 in: iPad checking items done does not work
i have a problem with iPad + chrome combination.
I have to double tap everything. For example, in order to go to the tags section, I have to tap "tags" twice. This is annoying.

And when I mark an item as done, by tapping the check box, it shows an orange checkbox. Which is what I expect, but when I uncheck it, it just turns into a grey checkbox. Refreshing the page makes it disappear because it was never unchecked. No matter how many times I tap it, the check mark never disappears.

Does anyone else have this issue? I believe this also happens on my phone too.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Oct 08, 2014 in: How to consolidate tags
I have too many tags because they don't all show up in the "Tag view". So I'd like to consolidate those tags that have only a few tasks. The problem is I have no idea what they are and I can't figure out how to do a search like this: tag contains < 10 tasks, or something.

Does anyone have any idea how I might achieve this?
Or perhaps use the search function to see all my tags somehow.
I have my tags organized such as:
math/calc
math/linear_algebra

So they're all organized...
SleepySpider_2

Posted Jul 07, 2014 in: sorting tags alphabetically
I'd like to be able to sort my tags alphabetically. Otherwise, I can't find what I'm looking for. I think they're sorted by the number of tasks using the tag right now.
SleepySpider_2

Posted May 19, 2014 in: Add task on a day
I keep losing tasks every time I add them because I keep thinking that if you click on a day (on the calendar) and then fill in the task subject and then click "add task" it will autofill in the calendar day to the day you're looking at. But this doesn't happen. So when it gets lost. Sort of.

it's very frustrating.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Mar 17, 2014 in: Best Project Management Tool
Score: 3
I don't think the interface is that bad.

Whenever someone says "updated interface" I immediately think "slow". I would rather have speedy decent interface, than awesome-looking slow interface.
SleepySpider_2

If I click a specific day in the calendar, and then add a task, it should auto populate the "due by" field to the day you have selected. I have lost many a tasks this way, thinking it did it automatically.

Thanks.
SleepySpider_2

Posted Oct 20, 2013 in: repeatable tasks
If I set a task to be repeatable (say daily), but look at my list sorting by due date, the tasks aren't there. Only when I complete the tasks does it get duplicated. The problem with this is that it makes it difficult to tell how full a future day is. Any suggestions on how to deal with this?

Another problem I noticed is if I fail to complete a daily task. There isn't really an easy way to skip that day. If I mark it complete it messes up my goal chains. The only solution is to manually reassign the due date?