ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by magictorch"
magictorch

Score: 0
I just wanted to add that, whilst still being a HUGE and very grateful fan of Toodledo, my Pro subscription has just expired and I won't be renewing it until the subtasks feature is made more powerful and more flexible.

Subtasks were the only real reason I upgraded to Pro but I'm not really missing them at the moment. I mainly used them to keep individual steps of larger tasks together, but this can still be achieved with saved searches or even just tags, even if it is slightly more cumbersome.

Once Toodledo has implemented these changes, and the changes suggested in this topic (http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/5009/0/parent-tasks-in-search-views.html), I'll be eagerly getting my wallet out again. Nested subtasks would also be the icing on the cake, though I know this request has been raised before and could be on the to-do list.

Thanks again for your continued support and updating of this great service - it's not really an exaggeration to say that Toodledo has changed my life, and I know I'll be using it for as long as it's around.
magictorch

Posted May 15, 2010 in: How to simply search for stars...?
Starred subtasks with unstarred parent tasks will only show up if you select the Flattened view option.
magictorch

Score: 1
I would like to see the option to calculate fields for parent tasks using the fields of its subtasks. I'll give a couple of examples:

DUE DATE
You could choose for the Due Date to be equal to the soonest of the incomplete subtask Due Dates (the deadline for next action), or the furthest away of the incomplete subtask Due Dates (the final deadline).

LENGTH
You could choose for this to be the total of the lengths of the incomplete subtasks. This would need to be accounted for when calculating the total length of flattened or indented lists of tasks so the lengths of tasks aren't duplicated though.

In my opinion this would by strengthen the relationship between parent tasks and subtasks (as steps toward completing the parent tasks), and make the Hidden view more useful.

This message was edited Mar 20, 2010.
magictorch

Posted Mar 19, 2010 in: Parent Tasks in Search Views
I appreciate this is on the to-do list (do you use Toodledo for your to-do list?), just posting to show my support for this change too.
magictorch

Posted Mar 19, 2010 in: Save combination of Search and Sort
I use Search as my default view and have a minimum of 10 saved searches that I use at any given time as they're tailored almost exactly as I need them.

It would be much more useful if you could include sorting, filters, and defaults for notes, dividers and subtask display on a per search basis however.

As it is I have to manually adjust these when switching between searches. For instance, some of my searches are a broad overview and subtasks need to be hidden for ease of reading, but others look for tasks due within certain time frames and subtasks need to be flattened otherwise they won't appear at all if the due date differs from the parent task.
magictorch

Posted Oct 19, 2009 in: Date Completed
Score: 1
I'd really appreciate the ability to change the completion dates - I could use it to monitor adherence to service standards at work.