ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by replytoken"
replytoken

Posted Aug 02, 2011 in: Problem w/E-Mail Reports & Subtasks
Score: 0
I am revisiting this issue as I am trying to export a variety of tasks and subtasks out of TD so they can be imported into a more appropriate outlining program (as the items are not really tasks, but lists). I have tried using all of the available formats, including XML, and while Excel will automatically create a table, it still does not easily recognize and allow you to re-establish subtasks to their parent tasks.

Now, I appreciate that data can be exported in three formats, four if you include mailing folders, but I do not understand why it so difficult to get data in a tab indented format that can easily be pasted/imported into a program like Word, Excel or my old stand-by, Ecco? Is this too complicated because we have columnar data in addition to an outline? I might feel a bit less frustrated about this situation with a bit more understanding of the problem/challenge.

Thanks,

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Jul 12, 2011 in: Problem w/E-Mail Reports & Subtasks
Thank you for the prompt reply. Is there any way to export the contents of a folder and have the tasks and subtasks maintain their outline structure? The items that I want to export do not have due dates, and they all have the same priority.

Thanks,

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Jul 12, 2011 in: Problem w/E-Mail Reports & Subtasks
I have attempted to use the E-Mail Reports function to mail a folder that has tasks and subtasks because I wanted to copy and paste that information into another program as an outline. The e-mail message contained the tasks and subtasks, but they were not properly nested, nor were they in any order that I could understand. Is there some logic as to how the tasks and subtasks are ordered when they are sent in an e-mail message? I would have thought that they would have retained their order as they appear in the program.

Thanks,

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Nov 08, 2010 in: Reminders not being received
Posted by Toodledo:
Alarms need to be set about 30 minutes into the future to guarantee that they will get processed. Please check your time settings in your account settings to make sure that they are accurate.

Some of my tests may have been set for less than 30 minutes in the future, so that may explain why they were not being sent.

Thank you,

--Ken
replytoken

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I am not using any Apple products, but I am sorry to hear they are having problems. As of this morning, an alarm that I set last night came through fine, but those set for the near future (say 30 minutes or less) are not. Is there a certain amount of time that is needed for the server to process the request?

--Ken
replytoken

Thanks for the reply, Peter. I have not yet tried SMS or my Android client, GTD. G-Mail is my primary repository of reminders, and normally runs fine. I just tried another one, and still no reminder. Very odd.

UPDATE - I just sent a TD folder to the same address, and it was received in seconds. I am guessing the problem lies somewhere on the server or in the program handling the alarms.

--Ken

This message was edited Nov 08, 2010.
replytoken

Posted Nov 07, 2010 in: Reminders not being received
I am guessing there may be a DST problem with G-Mail, but I am not receiving my reminders from my Pro account or my free account today. I have checked my account settings, and they appear fine. Is anybody else having this problem at present? My reminders are normally received like clockwork (pun intended).

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Aug 01, 2010 in: Support Tickets Reviewed on Weekend?
Hi,

I submitted a support ticket yesterday, Saturday, for a renewal that did not show on my account that was purchased on Friday. I did not submit a ticket on Friday because the site indicated that it might take a few hours for the renewal to take effect, so I waited until Saturday to take any action. Unfortunately, my subscription has now expired. Can you tell me if support tickets are only reviewed M-F? I would like to get back to my subscription features ASAP.

Thanks,

--Ken
replytoken

Posted May 17, 2010 in: Reminders for other email addresses
Does your mail program allow you to forward messages based on set criteria? I use GMail and find that this works for me if I need messages forwarded based on content. Something for consideration.

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: "Remind me" at exact time
Posted by eykanal:
You missed the second point in my post.

2) It would be nice if there would be a "remind me at this time" (i.e., 0 min before) option... not everything requires 15 minutes of planning.

Thanks!

While not everything requires 15 minutes of planning, there is no way that Toodledo can guarantee delivery of a reminder exactly at the time requested via the internet. The 15 minute minimum is a buffer that allows them the ability to cover minor glitches or delays in the delivery of the reminder. The fact that we see few of these glitches, and consistent deliver, is good, but not something that Toodledo probably wants to bank upon.

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Feb 02, 2010 in: Hotlist for 1-20?
Sorry for not concluding this thread, but I did close out the support ticket. For those wanting a bit more information, the hotlist was not in the spam folder. It did show up late in the day, complete with items that I added that morning, but the problem has not happened again.

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Jan 20, 2010 in: Hotlist for 1-20?
I did not receive my hotlist today, and was wondering if anybody else did not receive their copy? I have not changed any settings on my account so this seems a bit puzzling. They normally show up daily like clockwork.

--ken
replytoken

Posted Jan 19, 2010 in: Google Voice
Another fan of the "Rube Goldberg" invention! Welcome to the club. ;)

http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/3370/0/google-voice-toodledo.html
replytoken

Posted Dec 21, 2009 in: Dial2Do no longer free...
Google Voice (in conjunction with G-Mail).

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Dec 10, 2009 in: Lost my way, need a way back
Why would you want to work in taks that may not be valid? Until you get back in the groove with things, I would suggest that you look at both your old and new lists (or whatever is floating in your head if you do not have a new list), and pick a half dozen important and or urgent tasks to focus on. When completed, pick another half dozen and work on them. When you are feeling like you are ready to get back into using a "system", you can then tackle your past and present life tasks. Obviously there is no one right way to approach this, so I suggested a simple way to get back on the horse and start riding again. If this approach does not sound like its for you, try something else that does. Either way, the important thing is to do something!

Good luck,

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Nov 30, 2009 in: Tasks vs Calender events
Posted by tonyka:
For light duty reminders I use the TASKS function of Google Calendar. It allows me to create multiple To Do Lists by topic and when necessary add a due date that makes it show up on the appropriate calendar date. Google Tasks is also integrated with Gmail and can turn an inbound email into a To Do Task with a link back to the original email.

Are you at all able to elaborate on this arrangement? It used to be that the Google's Task calendar was not synced with the native calendar on the iPhone/iPod Touch, and I was wondering if that was at all part of your system. I would like to know a bit more about how you are making Google Tasks show on your calendar.

Thanks,

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Oct 31, 2009 in: Biggest Time Sinks
Well, when I am35,000+ feet in the air and have no internet connection to sync, I find my best time sink to be Mercutio - one of the few games that I actually put on my iPod Touch. It keeps my brain engaged, yet is relaxing like Solitaire. Thank god I am able to keep it in check when I actually have some work to do.

My biggest sink on the ground seems to be maintaining my "time-saving" devices like my laptop, netbook and iPod Touch.

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Oct 06, 2009 in: Who are you? :-)
Posted by haeffb:
If your todo list includes things like "Rob First National Bank and Trust on Tuesday" and "Overthrow the Swedish Government on Thursday at 2pm" I would suggest avoiding any on-line todo list.

If they are the more normal, "Get milk and bread on the way home," then security is probably not an issue.

Don't you think that you should allow more than one day, Wednesday, to get from the First National Bank to Stockholm? I mean, given how the airlines are operating these days, it only seems prudent. ;)

In all seriousness, while Philipp asks a very reasonable question, there seems to be very little in the way of real assurance with almost any "cloud computing" service. And, I am not certain that data is anymore at risk with a small company than it is with a large corporation. So, I think that we each need to weight the probability of data loss/theft and its impact damage against the convenience of the service being offered. The fact that I have a subscription account should tell you how I made my decision. But then again, I do not plan to overthrow any governments or rob banks. My wife would be so angry with me if I was late for dinner, and you know those airlines!

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Oct 04, 2009 in: Google Voice & Toodledo
CJ,

Actually I am aware that their service is not complicated. I was just poking fun at their description (i.e. "asking three questions") which sounds a bit like my description of how to set up Google Voice:

"How does it work?
When you dial we ask you two or three questions like "Do what?", "To who?". You say what you want and then we'll look after the rest. We recognise what you said and look after getting your action carried out."

Explaining actions in writing sometimes makes them sound more complicated than they really are.

--Ken
replytoken

Posted Oct 04, 2009 in: Best Offline Task Manager
Score: 1
Its old, but I really love Ecco. I believe that is was possibly the best PIM ever developed, and many others who still use it agree. If you are interested, you might want to browse and/or search here: http://outlinersoftware.com/ . Its a great resource for PIM information.

--Ken
Skip to Page:  1   2   3   4   5      Next