ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by andersmjorgensen"
andersmjorgensen

Posted Jun 04, 2012 in: Unique file names
Score: 1
I found the following two-year old topic. I am wondering what progress has been made on this issue? Allowing tasks to overwrite attached files of other tasks silently makes the task file attachment nearly useless for those of us who would like to upload files just to tasks and not for other types of storage. It is a feature I would very much like to see... so much that I would even consider unraveling my work process and giving my money to another company if it is not addressed. I can't imagine it being difficult to do at all. A couple extra columns in the tasks database and renaming files to unique names as they are uploaded is all it would take.

Thanks!

Toodledo

Administrator
Posted: Jun 09, 2010 Score: 0 Quote

Currently, there is no warning or renaming. It just clobbers the old version. We have plans to improve upon this in the future.
andersmjorgensen

Score: 1
I found this old question on subtasks, but the topic was locked so I am quoting it here

I agree that there is a problem of subtask cluttering, and especially when the descriptive text of a sub-task only makes sense within the context of the task. My suggestion to take care of this is as follows and does not involve sub-task interdependency which could be difficult to implement. Here is my suggestion:

Simply allow the option to have the top-level task assume the due date/time of the first-due sub-task. Then hide all sub-tasks. Now the top-level task will show up in the due list and when you click it you will be able to see what the actual task is. Simple.

Old message quoted here:

"The example in the subtask help exhibits a problem that shows up for me a lot. Subtasks of a task are generally dependent on earlier ones. You can't pick up a rental car until you've reserved it, so showing the pick-up subtask before the reservation subtask is completed is just cluttering the view with something you have to remember to ignore.

I propose a dependency feature: a subtask may be designated as depending upon the subtask before it (even better would be if you could specify any earlier subtask in the same task). Until that earlier subtask is completed, this one has priority -1, after which it goes to whatever it was assigned. ThinkingRock does this IIRC.

This would be useful even if it was all-or-nothing, i.e., the parent task had the property that either all subtasks were dependent on their order or none of them were. Most of my parent tasks have all of their subtasks dependent on their order anyway. "
andersmjorgensen

Score: 0
Solved. I discovered that the there was no longer an iPhone reminder listed in the 5 different reminders that we can set on the website. Once that was fixed the remind me field reappeared on the phone. I don't know how this could happen, but I upgraded my iPhone OS and then restored the phone contents, including the toodledo app, and then upgraded the toodledo app. Why this would affect the website I don't know, but may be useful knowledge to some.
andersmjorgensen

I can't find a place to enter a support ticket so here is my description of my problem: The fields I have used are,in my "Account Settings" Folder, due date, due time, repeat, priority, star, location.

On the iPhone toodledo app the following fields are shown as "Fields Used": Priority (default low), due date (default next week), due time (default 8:00), star (no default), folder (no default), repeat (no default). The following fields are shown as "Unused fields": Context, Goal, Start Date, Length, Tag, Status, Start Time, Location.

Note that location is listed as enabled on the web site, but not enabled on the iPhone. When I got synchronization options on the iPhone I have enabled all three sliders: sync on start/quit, sync on edit, and sync timezone.

When I hit the sync button in settings it turn to a "wait" button and probably takes about 30-45 seconds until it turns to sync again (on wifi), and I currently have about 100 tasks and no notebooks.
andersmjorgensen

I am using the due-date field, but there is no reminder field attached to it like there was in the previous version of the iPhone app.
andersmjorgensen

I recently updated the toodledo iPhone app and now there is no reminder field at all. There is also no reminder field in the "unused fields" list. I have tried reinstalling it, I have tried deleting all the data from my phone and starting over. Please help.

This message was edited Dec 06, 2010.
andersmjorgensen

The thread of this topic is now over a year old and has been locked. I wanted to remind toodledo to fix the iPhone app so we can enter default values for the "Remind Me" field and not have to remember to enter a reminder every time we enter a new task. I am quoting the original post. Any new on this toodledo?

"It appears that the "Remind me" field is not in the Settings options of the IPhone versions of Toodledo. For me, when I create a new task, the "Remind me" field is between Due Date and Due Time. I'd like to rearrange the field and give it an appropriate default, but, since it is not in the Settings, I cannot.

Known bug?"