ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by bobmac1547_1391065183"
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Mar 21, 2018 in: Notes from completed tasks...
Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
I recommend that you avoid setting important tasks to be "optional" because this tells Toodledo that they aren't very important and so Toodledo doesn't take care to preserve them as carefully when they are deleted.

Sure wouldda been nice to have this information and a good warning in advance. I was using "optional"--per your instructions--to have a task rollover to the next day until it was complete. In fact, as your interface indicates, the DUE DATE was optional, not the task itself. My tasks marked "optional" were actually the most important ones, that's why I wanted them at the top of "today's list."

I do weekly backups of Toodledo, and nightly backups of all my local files. Obviously, that's of no help here.

Again, I did not DELETE ANY of these sub-tasks as I completed them. I just checked them off, knowing full well that if I just checked my completed tasks, that they would be there. NOT!

Am I missing something?
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Mar 21, 2018 in: Notes from completed tasks...
The subscription page indicates that gold members (that's me!) have FULL HISTORY. That's a bold-faced lie!!!

Are there no backups? What kind of responsibility do you take for saying FULL HISTORY and then deleting all my work? If I have access to FULL HISTORY, then I should be able to recover the data in SOME way.

I AM FURIOUS, AND, YES, I AM SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Mar 20, 2018 in: Notes from completed tasks...
Yesterday, I was working on a large set of subtasks that were marked due for yesterday's date. They were subtasks of a task that was set for "Due Optionally" for yesterday's date.

I took MANY, MANY notes on each subtask. As each was completed, I checked it off as complete, fully expecting my notes to be recoverable.

However, today, I cannot find the notes. When I restored the deleted sub tasks, the notes did not come back.

What's up with this? Whether this is by design or by bug, if I can't recover these notes, then I've lost some 6 hours of phone and research work which is essentially not re-creatable.

HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP! HELP!
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Oct 08, 2017 in: Completing "optionally on" tasks...
Thanks for the clarification. (Back surgery delayed my response.)
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Sep 21, 2017 in: Completing "optionally on" tasks...
When I finally complete a task that was rolling forward until I completed it, I have to change the repeat frequency to NONE and the due date from not "optionally on"

Is there a way to complete the task and have those settings change automagically? Kinda like clearing the star when a task is completed.
bobmac1547_1391065183

Score: 1
Last time the Add Task was moved to the right side of the screen, there was a big outcry and you fixed it pretty quickly.

With the new UI, the Add Task button has migrated to the right again. I find this particularly egregious since so many functions are (finally!) grouped on the left. Can you at least make the position of the Add Task button an option?

Kudos to the great work, Jake!

And, BTW, how the heck do I CREATE a topic in a forum? I seem to be able only to REPLY.

This message was edited Aug 29, 2017.
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Aug 02, 2017 in: New Layout
Where can I find a list of all the changes in the new Tasks section layout. Right now, it's a surprise each time. I'm too old for surprises!!!

Also, I like to have the trashcan all the way over to the right so I don't hit it accidentally (even though there's a confirmation). Is there any way to move it from it's default location?

This message was edited Aug 02, 2017.
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Mar 19, 2016 in: How to View Assigned Tasks
I would like to reopen a closed thread of the same name. It was closed in 2012 "due to age" but I don't know if anything has really happened.

The thread was originally started in 2010. Six years is an awfully long time to say "we're working on it."

Is there any progress on this issue? I am still finding it virtually impossible to see what I have assigned to a person/collaborator. I am relegated to "sharing" a task, but that leaves my task list cluttered with tasks that should be assigned and removed from my list yet viewable in some other way.

Admins, please advise.
bobmac1547_1391065183

Every time I assign a task to a collaborator, the message "The task has been added to your collaborators list." Appears in a modal dialog.

Is there any way to suppress that message?
bobmac1547_1391065183

After adding several tasks today, I realized that you had indeed moved the button over to the left.

KUDOS for LISTENING to your users and ACTING promptly. The left side location was so natural that I did not even realize you had done the move.
bobmac1547_1391065183

Posted Oct 26, 2015 in: Tasks Redesign (part 4)
Score: 12
Posted by Jake:
1) The "Add Task" button has been moved from the toolbar to the top of the page. The "Add" button for our other products has also been moved to the top of the page. We did this for a variety of reasons. First, this is the most important button on the page so we wanted to give it a more prominent location so that it was easier to locate and use. Second, as you may remember from our previous redesign steps, we are trying to simplify the page and get rid of the toolbar so we needed to move this button out of the toolbar.

While I've acknowledged the improvements you've made as being good ones, I think you blew it on this one. Moving the "Add Task" button out of the toolbar is fine, but you did not recognize the value of "muscle memory" or "motor memory." In that, we have been used to clicking on the left side of the page to add a task. Moving the button to the left (just to the right of the dropdown menu--it's NOT a popup menu!) would involve people just moving the mouse a little north of where they're used to clicking. With your new design, we have to make a loooonnnnngggg trip over to the right side of the screen.

And on today's wide monitors, that's a real hassle.