ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Lise46"
Lise46

Posted Sep 15, 2019 in: Moving On: Final Post
Score: 1
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Sep 15, 2019
  • Score: 1
I'm onto Toodist. For my needs it is working well so far. Biggest plus is that it is consistently syncing with mobile and has an easy to use off-line that also syncs consistently.

Been a fun ride here and great help from many forum regulars. Thanks.
Lise46

Score: 5
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2019
  • Score: 5
Wondering what the outlook is on this. I have read the blog updates, but I am not feeling a confidence about when this problem is expected to be resolved. I am a Gold subscriber, for multiple years, but I am actively looking for an alternative to Toodledo because the android app will not consistently sync. You have made some great changes which I am not implementing, because I don't want to become excited about something that does not fulfill my most basic need.

I will not un-install and reinstall multiple times a week to be able to see my list on my phone. I think that is an unreasonable solution, especially since at any given moment I may not have the time for that process - I just want to see my list. Worse, items entered to the phone don't seem to make it to the desk top consistently, regardless of install/uninstall procedures. I am certain I am not the only person who needs to be confident that the items I am trying to capture really do get captured!

Seriously. I want to know what the expected timing for a solution to this is - a week? a month? a year? I have been spoiled by having had an amazing Toodledo experience for years. I have become reliant on having my list available on both my phone and desktop; my productivity has been negatively impacted by this issue and that is a problem I must resolve. I can't to stick around indefinitely. I need to know what the anticipated time line is. (and I understand that unexpected issues come up all the time, I understand that if you say 2 months, it might be 4 because of such problems. I just need a best guess please!)
Lise46

Posted Oct 09, 2018 in: Android App
Score: 0
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2018
  • Score: 0
ok - so right now, the extra purchase is the only reasonable way to use Toodledo on my mobile?

grumble, grumble, grumble. ok. going to try to figure that out
Lise46

Posted Oct 09, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2018
Posted by J.O.D.:
[quote]Regarding No. 2: Are you entering Toodledo on web via https://tasks.toodledo.com/ or via http://www.toodledo.com and Settings/Tasks/Default Views set to New (taks.toodledo.com)? Entering via https://www.toodledo.com/tasks/ will always lead to the old version, tasks.toodledo.com will always lead to the new version.

J.O.D - THANK YOU! I didn't realize there was the setting to permanently set up for new version. I am hopeful that resolves that issue!

Now....the app. Finding myself NOT using Toodledo because it isn't available to me away from the desktop (items added to the app don't sync to the web and vice versa). Suggestions on that?
Lise46

Posted Sep 17, 2018 in: Android App
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2018
OK - the Android App is not syncing. I was willing to deal with it being clumsy, but this is a no-go for me. I however, I LOVE my Toodledo and I am not yet ready to completely jump ship.

So - looking for other to-dos that have a functional, syncing Android App. I am willing to use something like Zapier to keep everything talking to each if need be. Suggestions?
Lise46

Posted Sep 17, 2018 in: Toodledo Update #1
  • Lise46
I'm a Gold subscriber for several years, President of a small company, like most of us, a thousand balls in the air. I am happy to pay an increase, IFF

1. The Android App syncs. It is clumsy and challenging to use, but I can deal with that. If it isn't syncing, it is useless to me. I really really really don't want to be running in multiple platforms.

2. The "new" layout final becomes final. I have to select it every time I open the website. (I've clear caches, cookies, etc etc etc)

thanks!
Lise46

Posted Sep 17, 2018 in: Android app out of sync with website
Score: 2
  • Lise46
  • Score: 2
I'm going to ditto Mark - my app does not sync.

Today's date is 9/16. I just did a manual sync. App still shows my daily tasks as due on Aug 28 and none of the items I have entered to the website since then. The website does not show anything I have added to my app.

Is addressing this a high priority? I need a to do that will travel with me.
Lise46

Posted May 07, 2018 in: Daily Checklist
  • Lise46
  • Posted: May 07, 2018
Ok - now that folks have helped with the status question, another question. It was suggested to me that I need some Daily and or Weekly checklists to streamline my process. I can clearly see the value of this - keep all the assorted one-offs (which is really most of the list) here. 2 questions if you are using a checklist.

1. Do you use the list function for your list? Or a task with many subtasks? Something else?
2. If you don't mind sharing, I am working on defining what goes on the checklist and what still stays here. Can you tell me what your list looks like?

Thank you. Working on refining and upping my game.
Lise46

Posted May 07, 2018 in: Status & GTD
  • Lise46
  • Posted: May 07, 2018
Thanks to both of you. I learned a new hack for Context = .project. Helps me sort out the upper level tasks quickly. I hadn't thought about planning as a holding zone for repeated items. That would free up Active for "things I want/need to do, not now, but also not someday." A step below starred and next action. I use someday for more sky-high ideas.

I've been pretty devoted to ToodleDo since I started. That said, there are bells and whistles that aren't here. Wish I could do more subs-steps/outline format in the tasks. (I think in outlines).

Due dates are tough call....lots of stuff with no due date (open line with vendor XYZ). Monthly tax due dates - those hit the due dates.

This has helped, I appreciate it!
Lise46

Posted May 06, 2018 in: Status & GTD
  • Lise46
  • Posted: May 06, 2018
Question ( I think this is a quick one).

In my review, I look at the status of all my items/subitems etc. I can mark the next thing to do as a "Next Action" but what status do you choose to use for all the other things to do that are not yet next actions?
Lise46

• Lise46
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2017
I've been using Toodledo for several years. I've also being trying to implement some form of GTD for several years. Things I like and do reasonably well (or at least well enough):

Being able to think through what needs to be accomplished on a project and capture all the steps.
Being able to sort different tasks by where they fall in my life (marketing, inventory, staffing, household, personal, etc) (I own a small business, lots of hats)
Being able to keep track of repeating to-do items and including due dates for them.
Capturing long term ideas so that they don't disappear - and being able to review them to see if anything can float upward.

But the challenges I am having are outweighing the benefits and I find that I am not using Toodledo or GTD effectively - to the point of failing to look at Toodledo for days and missing deadlines.

Primarily:
1. The list is too big. I bring it up on my screen and I am overwhelmed. Even with things identified as Next Action, or Top Priority.
2. I can't rank items by a pure priority (1-2-3 etc) and often find myself going down a rabbit hole of adjusting Next Actions (things change, this is now waiting, that is now Next Action) or top priority or starring on and off. That can suck up a huge amount of time without payoff. Or to do that, I write down the top 10 items I need to do....and now I have an incomplete paper list
3. I can't quickly add items to my list when I am not at my laptop. So I write them down...and now I have an incomplete paper list.
4. Estimating time for each item is really useful - I've always done it. But seems to take me a lot of time to do it on TD.
5. My universe moves fast and changes on a dime. Priorities can change multiple times in an hour. That makes sorting and searching more challenging because to make those changes, I am back to problem 2.

I really don't want to go back to paper - too much to keep track of. But I am at a loss. Can someone give me some pointers as to how to manage some of my challenges? I am 100% aware that I am not all in on GTD. I am a work in progress. I've looked at MYN, but my to-dos aren't as email-centric at MYN expects, and I found it to be non-intuitive.

Thanks.
Lise46

Posted Feb 14, 2017 in: Marking entire folders as important
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2017
So this is what I want to do -
I want to mark so that anything I put into my "basket building" folder is automatically top priority. So that items in that folder should always always be at the top of the list - I don't want to always have to note due date and or importance (sometimes they system thinks something else is more important. NOTHING is more important!)

So, to do that now, I have to sort by folder. I want to sort by importance - do I always have to mark these as due tomorrow and top priority? Any way to do that?

This message was edited Feb 14, 2017.
Lise46

Posted Jun 06, 2016 in: Adding tasks from Android
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2016
I apologize if this has been asked and answered and I have missed it...in my searching I have read qas back to 2009 but I am having trouble finding a current answer.

I use the toodledo app on my android. 99% of the time I am using it to add tasks - rarely am I looking for a next action away from my desktop. But the way I am doing this now - I click the orange +, I enter title -rarely other info because I can't add the full range of information I want, so I will be revisiting the task at desktop anyway - and hit the check mark. But to add another item, I have to go back to the previous page. Is there a way to hit the click mark and then immediately enter another item?

Thanks.
Lise46

Posted Apr 07, 2016 in: List is too long
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Apr 07, 2016
My apologies for the delayed response - managed to get a vacation at the end of March and I am just caught up enough on the criticals to cruise over here. I haven't even begun to re-review the list. And thanks to everyone for replying.... each answer helped me move forward.

Salgud - thanks for suggesting that appointments make sense on the daily. That has been a point of frustration for me (missing or being late to something because I'm focused on the to-do and miss the to-go-to). I think if I keep future appointments on the calendar and during the next day review add the relevant calendar items to the to-do (with times) that might help. (Or reverse that, but the daily calendar is a color-coded thing of beauty with work, family and kids. More would probably be noise)

DrFrankBuck - thanks for the dating idea. Sort of like a tickler file on the desk, but more insistent. (Those were NOT my friend). Also using the quick search. I find the saved searches to be over-whelming, but a simpler one could work well.

Purveyor - great links, thank you. Added to the list (smile). Actually, I am going to endeavor to read them tonight, or I will add them to my link list (not the to-dos) that I do bounce into. I appreciate it.

totovader - you gave me an ah-ha moment. I see that several of the items on my list are design related. Design this basket, design that basket. I should move those to a list and just keep a single "design new basket" on the list as a recurring event. Ditto for items to upload to the website and books/web blogs to read. I do keep a 'to read' list (in excel actually, because it has multiple tabs) - I need to regularly move the titles here to that list and then delete away. add these. I also need to be aware that things are falling to the bottom of my list because they are added from my phone and I am not grabbing a folder or due date for them.

Ann - part of my challenge IS GTD. I've read the book, at least twice, and follow his blog. But brain dumping everything has led to not having an effective working list. And keeping separate list (working and everything else) was even worse - because deciding what was where was drowning me. Now I am in the weird position of brain dumping (good, out of the brain) and trying to prioritize, and getting completely bogged. Still working on it, but maybe it is time to go back into the book again to clean up implementation errors!

A phrase I heard in a training session recently "Progress not Perfection". I think that is right. Or maybe for the perfectionist in me: Progress IS Perfection.

Thanks to everyone for your time and wisdom. I do appreciate it very much.

Lise

This message was edited Apr 07, 2016.
Lise46

Posted Mar 16, 2016 in: List is too long
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2016
Please help. I love lists, I love toodledo. I have read and tried to implement GTD. But my toodledo list is way too long and overwhelms me every time I look at it.
This leads to two problems.
1.I don't look at the list as regularly as I need to and miss things that are regular recurring events
2. I fail to enter things that I need to do.

I have tried using tags, folders, context - they all feel unnatural to me. Stars are not terrible, but I end up with too many items starred (to try to filter them out) and again, overwhelmed. And priority is the same issue.

I was a paper list & calendar girl for years when I was moved to google calendar to better integrate with my husband. But in order to do that effectively, I needed to give up the paper altogether (it was a crutch). So now I am struggling with the lists.

Any suggestions? Many thanks!
Lise46

Posted Dec 30, 2015 in: Manual Reorder by drag and drop
  • Lise46
  • Posted: Dec 30, 2015
Thinking this through - right now I use tags (1, 2, 3...) but can only do 9 items like that- otherwise 10 appears right after 1. That may be a better thought than having more than 9 immediate items, but given that some of my items are actually for my staff or kids, I often have 20 or more immediate items. And the priority on them does change often enough and with different enough variables that the tagging becomes cumbersome.

I also understand the underlying problem. If I use the fabulous priority system in place and then manually reorder, what happens to the overall priority?

My thought is this - and I maybe way off base, but I also know sometimes I get great ideas from folks who really know nothing about my business, so I am hoping this helps. If there is a field for manual editing, it (like all other fields) can be hidden. If it is in use, it takes priority to everything else. Those who want to use is could do so without messing up the priorities as set by the system. An upgrade to that would be to allow manual numbering within another field (within a folder for example). I know this is tough to balance in with what you have, but thought maybe if it functioned outside of the existing priority system, it might be easier.

Thanks for everything, love my TD.