Thanks
hmy

Posted Jul 27, 2016 in: Advanced Search - next gen
Score: 0
  • hmy
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2016
  • Score: 0
Hi,

I would like to suggest to redesign advanced search capabilities to a more modern variant.

Current state:
More or less form-/wizard-driven. Lots of clicks and tabs. Flexible, but could be better. Distinct "advanced search" to click.

Suggestion:
Something similar to the queries that Evernote, Outlook, RTM, Todoist and others have available. The search field could accept queries (expressions) as well as regular searches. Saving such searches shall remain possible.

What do you think?

Thanks
hmy

Posted Nov 06, 2014 in: Progress Report - October 2014
  • hmy
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2014
Posted by Salgud:

I don't use the Context field for it's intended purpose, but use it as my Contact field.

I use the context field as it was planned for. I also thought of the location field. But this field helps me to not over-use contexts. Eg. @Business and location "office", "homeoffice".
hmy

Posted Nov 06, 2014 in: Progress Report - October 2014
  • hmy
  • Posted: Nov 06, 2014
Hope to get better search functionality on folders. Eg. "starts with" and "contains".

Moreover, a "project" field would be nice. Since there is no search on tasks like "partent task starts with P-", it would make sense.

What about a contact field?
I currently tag tasks like "~Name1, ~Name2". But this begins to clutter tasks.
hmy

Posted Nov 05, 2014 in: export tasks to exel
Score: 1
  • hmy
  • Posted: Nov 05, 2014
  • Score: 1
My Excel 2013 on Windows does not load the CSV correclty by double clicking the file in Explorer. It shows the behaviour you described.
But it loads the CSV if you first start Excel and then load the CSV into Excel.

Depending on your Excel version, you might need to use "data->import" menu, instead of "file->load" menu.

You could face problems if you have task notes with line breaks.

Loading an XML export of ToodleDo into Excel works better. You get a few column you do not need. They are generated to meet the header information in the XML. But it's just a few clicks to remove them in Excel. The data shows correclty, even multi line task notes.