ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Ken.Griggs"
Ken.Griggs

Score: 1
Thanks for the updates and for getting everything up - what a pain for you. I had actually been planning to recommend RackSpace to a client immediately before this. Not any more. I have to second the comment of a previous poster when I say that it was stunning to discover how much I rely on ToodleDo to function.
Ken.Griggs

Posted Mar 18, 2009 in: List of Tags
Score: 0
I think the existing implementation of saved searches is as good or better than Google-style open-ended tags. I have a collection of folders (Work, Personal being the primary ones), a bunch of very granular contexts, and then a collection of saved searches that are mostly OR's of the contexts I'm generally interested in at one time. Instead of tags, I'd like a way to assign contexts to folders so that I don't have to look at my Work contexts while picking the context for a Personal task. I'd also like to be able to include one search in another.

For example, I have contexts for all of the stores I go to regularly (and a "Mall" catch-all), and a saved search for "Shopping". When I'm in Home Depot, the "Home Depot" context will tell me what I need there. When I'm planning my shopping trip, the "Shopping" saved search (sorted by context) will let me see where all I need to go. I also have a "Evenings and Weekends" search that includes all the things I might do while not at work, which includes all the store contexts, House contexts (cleaning, laundry, yard work), etc.

Now if only the saved searches were available on the iPhone.