ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Robert_HOME"
Robert_HOME

Posted Oct 26, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
Took a quick look - RtM would be a workable backup alternative if I need one - missing a few things like multiple sort columns (unless that's in a premium level), and probably a few other things. But would have enough functionality to work with.

Posted by DrFrankBuck:
Robert,

Take a look at Remember the Milk. It has a start date and I believe has what you need to support Master Your Now.

Posted by Robert_HOME:
For me.... no alternative at the moment.

Toodledo has specific configuration support for the MYN system, e.g. Start Date, and supporting documents and training material over at MYN site. ToDoist does not support that at all, so doesn't work for me.

Posted by Ummagumma:
Just a simple question to Aaron.

Todoist is, arguably, the leading brand in the field that Toodledo competes in. Toodledo is regarded by most reviews as a middle-of-the pack at best.

Todoist has a single premium tier at $30 a year.

Toodledo now has premium tiers ranging from $60 to $90 a year.

Why do you think the customers would want to pay 2 to 3 times more for a lesser known service ? What is that one single selling point ?

I am a big fan of Toodledo, but even I can’t see it.
Robert_HOME

Posted Oct 25, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
For me.... no alternative at the moment.

Toodledo has specific configuration support for the MYN system, e.g. Start Date, and supporting documents and training material over at MYN site. ToDoist does not support that at all, so doesn't work for me.

Posted by Ummagumma:
Just a simple question to Aaron.

Todoist is, arguably, the leading brand in the field that Toodledo competes in. Toodledo is regarded by most reviews as a middle-of-the pack at best.

Todoist has a single premium tier at $30 a year.

Toodledo now has premium tiers ranging from $60 to $90 a year.

Why do you think the customers would want to pay 2 to 3 times more for a lesser known service ? What is that one single selling point ?

I am a big fan of Toodledo, but even I can’t see it.
Robert_HOME

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
Subscribed through Spring so no rush to change. I have specific requirements for my MYN system that Toodledo is perfect for so moving to a new site would be a major hassle, search and selection process - and I am not aware of any alternative that is anywhere near as good for what I want to do.

No incentive to change unless TD collapses at some point in the future. I am not worrying about the difference between $20/$30 and $60 for a year, I use this for work and the benefits of efficient time management easily pay for the cost differential. And, $30 is an entrée and a glass of wine at a mid scale restaurant for one, and to me not a significant difference over a year.
Robert_HOME

These are my highlights

*** Start Date - needed for MYN system ***
(Michael Linenberger recommends Toodledo for MYN, and provides training materials to support.)

Filtering - hide future tasks
Batch edit and entry of tasks
Sort on multiple columns: e.g. Priority, Star, Start Date
Priorities: Top, High, Medium, Low, Negative

Plus don't forget the time it takes to identify and move to a new task list service provider..... time is money.
Robert_HOME

I have two accounts, one Gold and one Silver.... I can make it work with one Individual and one Free and the total cost will be similar, so the huge % increase is irritating but not a huge deal.

But still it prompts me to check out the options, just in case this goes horribly wrong and TD collapses, or there is something better out there. Need to survey the scene every so often.

However, I am using Michael Linenberger's MYN system. Start Date and hiding future tasks is a critical/must have functionality for MYN and one that Toodledo handles really well. I haven't seen a viable alternative from any of the other task management services I have looked at: ToDoist doesn't appear to have Start date, and 2Do is just App and Mac only, nothing for Windows 10.

Anyway, I have until next Spring to see how things develop at Toodledo, and work out my backup plan B in case Toodledo crashes and burns. Maybe I will be wowed by the new functionality they come up with :-) a new iOS app would be a great start!!

This message was edited Oct 19, 2018.