ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tedpenner"
tedpenner

Posted Mar 15, 2016 in: Search not working in phone app
Score: 0
I have confirmed that I can easily search (non-case sensitive) items from within the web interface, but when searching for an item just added from within my phone doesn't work. The term I am searching for is Uninstall Notes and it is in the title. Please advise.
tedpenner

Posted Oct 25, 2014 in: Index Number
Posted by Jake:
I am sorry, but an auto-number column is not something that Toodledo can do right now.

No Autonumber
No Custom Columns
No Ability to move tasks up/down by dragging them.

This is severely limiting.
tedpenner

Posted Oct 11, 2014 in: Index Number
Toodledo is fantastic! It solves many outsourcing requirements! Not all, but a great deal of them. I'm not sure what you mean by your suggestion. Here is a screencast that might help to explain further what I am trying to accomplish http://screencast.com/t/8M2WRf3ZaJA.

This message was edited Oct 11, 2014.
tedpenner

Posted Oct 10, 2014 in: Index Number
Score: 1
I would like a way to refer to individual tasks by an auto-number of some kind. It's really frustrating to have to state the whole task when referring to one. Assistance is greatly appreciated.
tedpenner

Posted Nov 24, 2010 in: email reminders
I noticed the pro subscriptions allow setting of email reminders on a per-task basis. That really isn't what I am looking for in a GTD App. What I would like to see is a daily reminder of ALL tasks. Will any subscription level allow this?
tedpenner

Posted Apr 16, 2009 in: Subtask Default View
Thank you, thank you saskia I am on gmail chat from time to time under username tedpenner (evenings and weekends) if you or anyone ever care to about the best system. I like your list. I think I will use the same approach for folders and subtasks. I'll think through this at work tomorrow. I have saved this thread out of hundreds I have looked at. Thanks very much for your explanation. I'm buying a pro account tomorrow to see how it goes.

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009.
tedpenner

Posted Apr 16, 2009 in: GTD Components
brainstorming:

Possible components of perfect system
- multi-context (items can be part of more than one context)
- areas of focus (i.e. work, home, or 'both?')
- multi-project (items can be part of more than one project)
- stared items (I like starring my top two items of the day each day - a Tim Ferris 4hr Work Week suggestion)
- good calendar (tickler and daily)

Basic structure of GTD.
I THINK these are all the pieces?
-Inbox
-Tickler Calendar
-Daily Calendar
-Projects
-Waiting For
-Read/Review (oh boy!, difficult to define for me, really grappling with this one)
-Waiting For
-Someday Maybe

Current TOODLEDO pieces
-context
-folder
-goals
-calendar

This message was edited Apr 16, 2009.
tedpenner

Posted Apr 16, 2009 in: GTD Components
I am struggling with the best system for GTD today and while Toodledo seems to be a good fit, I need some help defining the specific needs of a perfect GTD system.

What specific 'COMPONENTS' would it have if it were perfect?
tedpenner

Posted Apr 16, 2009 in: Subtask Default View
Vin Thomas and Jrod
Both your systems are excellent. I like Vin's "areas of focus". Jrod, you make alot of sense. I'd love to see a screencast from both of you. Toodledo does certainly seem to hold the most promise for GTD but is in no way GTD friendly out-of-the-box. I'm still lost with the use of it for GTD and have done a fair amount of reading on the topic.

My primary issue is that I am heavily tied to Outlook at work. Some time back, toodledo wrote me a response stating that there was a way to sync to Outlook for things I need at work but I can't find a way. Import/Export is great but kills the usefulness of the system if I have to go through all that.
tedpenner

Posted Mar 30, 2009 in: Toodledo with iPhone
I have considered linking with Gmail for calendar items since it can be linked with the built-in calendar APP for 'push based' reminders.

I'm confused about this. It seems it is only 1 way, so changes in Google would not be reflected in Toodledo. Is this correct? Is there a way to have changes in Google Calendar, be reflected back to Toodledo? Also, what about Pocket Informant? Anyone used that?