ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Daniel"
Daniel

Score: 0
  • Daniel
  • Posted: Dec 15, 2010
  • Score: 0
Hello,
I'm trying to figure out some of the nuances of the new location-aware alerts (which are an absolutely AWESOME idea).

I want to make sure that I have everything aligned properly for it to work, and to know which features are optional.

1) I need to enable my iPhone as an alert source from the Tools & Services > Alarms page. [Is this necessary?]

2) I need to enable location alerts from "Settings>Locations" on the iPhone App

3) Does it matter whether I've set alarms to come locally or be pushed from the website? If I have it set to be pushed from the website, and I add a new event for a given location, and then travel to that location *without* syncing tasks, will I receive the location notification, or are these necessarily local alarms? If I set my alarms to be pushed from the website, will location alarms no longer work, or will they just behave like local alarms regardless of this setting?

Finally, I'm curious about what happens if I add a new task when I'm already in the location. Will I get a new alert?

Thanks much for the clarification! This is a really exciting feature, but I'm trying to map what I know of the new background location-alerts features in the iOS 4 upgrade to how the ToodleDo documentation describes this feature.