ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by BDWatson"
BDWatson

Score: 0
  • BDWatson
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2015
  • Score: 0
Posted by Salgud:
Many of us who've been around a while depend very much on Saved Searches. I seldom go outside that one page. I've even recreated a few of the standard searches that are on other pages so I don't have to leave the Saved Searches page to access them. They are the real power of TD.

Yup, that's what I just did. I created an "Inactive" projects saved search, which will allow me to quickly view all inactive projects, including tags. It's the perfect solution to what I was trying to accomplish.
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2015
Posted by Salgud:
Do a custom search, and include completed tasks.

Bingo!! Thank you so much! I have a Gold Subscription, so that enables me to set completed tasks to "never" delete, and so this search works to accomplish exactly what I want.

I have never really played around with the search function, but it's actually really powerful, and I've already thought of other great ways to use it. So, your suggestion helped me in quite a few ways.

Anyway, thanks again!!
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Nov 02, 2015
Unless I'm missing something, marking these tasks as complete won't accomplish my goal. While it will remove the item from the task count, they will not appear when filtering by tags.

I see where I can show/hide "recently completed" tasks, but I need these items to appear when filtering by tags indefinitely.
BDWatson

• BDWatson
Posted by Jake:
If you mark the task as completed with the checkmark on the left side of the task, then it will no longer contribute to the counts.

Obviously that is true, but then will the item continue to show up when viewing tags indefinitely? When I filter by tags, I want to be able to view these items indefinitely.
BDWatson

• BDWatson
Hello everyone -

So, here's what I am trying to accomplish ...

For each project that I'm working on at work, I create a "main" task entry for it. I include notes in the note field, and I "tag" it with each person that is helping me on that project. That way I can quickly do a tag search to see which projects a specific person is helping me with.

I keep all of those "main" entries in a specific folder called "Active."

When that project is complete, I move them into a separate folder called "Inactive." Even though the project is complete, I still sometimes needs to refer back to the notes, and I still sometimes need to know who worked with me on that project. So, I still need access to the notes, and I still this items to come up when search for tags.

That having been said, the project is complete, so I don't need that folder to have a task count, and I don't need the number of items in that folder to contribute towards my overall task count. As time goes on, the number of items in that folder keeps growing and growing, and so my total task count is artificially high.

Is there a way to NOT show a task count for a specific folder?

Or, alternatively, is there another way to accomplish what I'm trying to accomplish above, which will avoid the pitfalls?

Thanks in advance.
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2015
Sorry, the restriction on length of title precluded me from including the entire question in the title.

I am looking for a way to important iOS Reminders from a SPECIFIC list only (not all Reminders) to a SPECIFIC folder within Toodledo.

I have spent quite some time trying to figure out if this is possible to no avail, but before I give up I figured I should ask here.

Thanks in advance.
BDWatson

Posted May 19, 2015 in: Improvements to Tags
  • BDWatson
  • Posted: May 19, 2015
Awesome, the extra characters for tags will be very useful! Will these sync to the iOS app now, or will that need to be updated first?
BDWatson

Posted Mar 04, 2015 in: Progress Report - Feb 2015
Score: 1
  • BDWatson
  • Posted: Mar 04, 2015
  • Score: 1
Posted by Jake:
Here is what we worked on last month.

+ Began work on redesign of iOS app

Wow, that is a huge amount of work for a single month!

Any chance that the redesign for the iOS app is going to include indented subtasks? (Or, some way of displaying substasks with the parent other than the current method?)

Thanks!
BDWatson

Posted Feb 13, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign (Phase 2)
  • BDWatson
  • Posted: Feb 13, 2015
Hi Jake -

The visual and usability improvements on Toodledo to-date have been very well implemented. However, as one of your Gold members, I wanted to say that I am more than a little bit nervous about what might happen when you get to the point where you're making changes to the Task screens.

I have never been one to shy away from change and improvement. But, that having been said, as far as I am concerned, the Toodledo tasks screens are already perfect. I utilize a lot of different fields, and have a widescreen monitor. As a result, I am able to view all of the fields for any given task at the same time. Having all of that task detail available at the same time allows me to very quickly and easily mark things off, modify tasks, or add new tasks as I make my way through my day. It is not an exaggeration for me to say that I really do not know how I could get through my day without Toodledo. I have tried many different online task managers, and while others may admittedly be prettier, in my opinion none of the others come even close in terms of efficiency.

As such, I get a little nervous each time I read that you are going to make changes. I am not in the tech industry and I do not know anything about programming, so I would never dream of telling you how to do your job. Instead, I simply ask (indeed, beg) that you please keep efficiency in mind and not allow aesthetics to trump efficiency on the task screens.

Thanks.
BDWatson

Posted Jan 17, 2015 in: Quick question re: Pro subscription
  • BDWatson
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2015
Nevermind. I noticed you had a trial period, so I got that and confirmed that subtasks appear on the iOS apps. So, I went ahead and purchased a year of Gold.

There does not, however, appear to be a way to indent the subtasks on the iOS apps.
BDWatson

Posted Jan 17, 2015 in: Quick question re: Pro subscription
  • BDWatson
  • Posted: Jan 17, 2015
Hello -

I am interested in purchasing the Pro subscription, primarily for the ability to use subtasks. But, before I purchase, I just wanted to confirm that these features also work in the iOS apps once the Pro sub is purchased.

Thanks!
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2015
Sorry, I absolutely did not mean to imply that you were sitting on your hands. I guess I am just really anxious to get my hands on the iPhone 6 optimizations and can't understand why it's taking Apple so long. No offense intended.
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Jan 12, 2015
Jake -

I know that in most cases there is nothing that can be done about Apple's delay during the review process, but it's been well over a month now since you submitted the new update. It seems to me that the update slipped through the cracks. Is there anything that you can do to bring this to Apple's attention?
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2014
Posted by Jake:
The 6 and 6+ screen sizes are already supported, but we will have further optimizations to make to them in coming updates.

Ok, I guess I fell into a tech lingo trap and should not have used the word "support" for iPhone 6/6+. Instead, I should have said "optimized" for iPhone 6/6+ so that the text is not stretched.

That didn't make it into the new update. Is that coming any time soon?

Thanks.
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Oct 22, 2014
Posted by Jake:
The 6 and 6+ screen sizes are already supported, but we will have further optimizations to make to them in coming updates.

Really? The font looks huge on my 6. It appears to be stretched, the way other apps have looked prior to optimization.
BDWatson

• BDWatson
  • Posted: Oct 21, 2014
Jake - will the update that has already been submitted to Apple also add support for the 6/6+ screen size?
BDWatson

Posted Jun 12, 2014 in: How to "sort by list" on iOS??
  • BDWatson
  • Posted: Jun 12, 2014
On the website under "behavior preferences" there is a way to "save sort by list" so that you can have different sort rules for each list.

I cannot seem to figure out how to mirror this on the iPhone version. It looks like any time I change the sort on one list, it changes all my other lists to the same sort.

Thanks in advance.