ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by adriank"
adriank

Score: 1
  • adriank
  • Posted: Mar 21, 2019
  • Score: 1
I've also been seeing the "Failed to fetch overdue tasks" message a lot recently on Windows 10 machine using Chrome browser.
adriank

Posted Mar 10, 2019 in: Date Picker Reverts to Current Month
Score: 0
  • adriank
  • Posted: Mar 10, 2019
  • Score: 0
To clarify, the issue isn't the calendar going away, but rather the calendar "jumps" back to the current month. So let's say I have a task to change my clocks for daylight savings time with a start date of Saturday, 9-Mar-2019 and a due date of Sunday, 10-Mar-2019. After completing the task, I want to set a new start date of 2-Nov-2019 and due date of 3-Nov-2019. I click on the start date and the date-picker pops up. Without hesitation, I click the ">" to advance to the November calendar. Either before I get to November, or shortly after I do, the calendar jumps back to March. The same behavior is exhibited with the due date picker.
adriank

Posted Mar 05, 2019 in: Chromebook: Top of notes?
  • adriank
  • Posted: Mar 05, 2019
Glad I could help!
adriank

Posted Mar 02, 2019 in: Chromebook: Top of notes?
  • adriank
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2019
I also put the newest entry on top in my notes, perhaps because the old layout of Toodledo that I started with put the cursor at the beginning of the notes field. With the new layout moving it to the end, I'm using the Ctrl-Home windows keystroke a lot. I don't have a Chromebook to test this on, but have you tried "Search" + "Ctrl" + "Left arrow"?
adriank

Posted Mar 02, 2019 in: Date Picker Reverts to Current Month
  • adriank
  • Posted: Mar 02, 2019
I've resisted moving to the "new" layout of the web version, since it had several issues the first time I tried it. Now that several things aren't quite right in the "old" layout, I'm committed to making the switch. However the behavior of the date picker in the new layout is like a pebble in my shoe that I can't get used to. Here's the annoyance (that happens often, but not every time): I click on a date that I want to change and the "date picker" pops up. Without hesitation, I click the "next month" arrow a few times to advance to the month I want, and when I pause more than three seconds to think about which date in that new month I want, the calendar reverts back to the current month and I have to click the "next month" arrow again to get back to the month I wanted. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm running Chrome on Windows 10, but have seen the same thing in Firefox.
Any suggestions on what to try are much appreciated!
adriank

• adriank
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2019
My experience yesterday was on both the web and iOS, so guessing it's a server issue. Today it's all straightened out, so all I have left to help in troubleshooting is a screenshot showing the issue...
adriank

• adriank
  • Posted: Feb 23, 2019
I've recently experienced repeating tasks with optional due dates not getting updated when the optional due date has passed. Instead, they are remaining in my list with a due date of "?Yesterday". The one I have today (23-Feb-2019) is set to repeat daily. I've confirmed my account time zone matches my device timezone. The same thing is seen when using the iOS version, with the due date showing up as "?2/22/19", yet today's date is 2/23/19.
Thoughts?
adriank

• adriank
  • Posted: Mar 31, 2017
Sorry for the delay - I created a support ticket and uploaded some screenshots to help with the investigation.
adriank

Posted Mar 28, 2017 in: New Task Layout - Repeat Tasks Question
Score: 1
  • adriank
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2017
  • Score: 1
Certain tasks (like resetting system passwords) must be done every 60 or 90 days and not every 2 or 3 months, so that capability would be necessary in my opinion.
adriank

• adriank
  • Posted: Mar 28, 2017
The check appears in the box, and the text font is changed to strike-out as expected to indicate it is complete, but when I refresh the view by clicking on the word "Tasks", sometimes it shows the dates for the next occurance as expected, but sometimes it shows the same dates as what was just marked completed. For example, I just created a set of test tasks with the parent set to repeat daily, and the subtasks set to repeat with parent. The first time I marked the parent complete and refreshed, all dates were properly advanced to the next day. The second time I marked the parent complete and refreshed, none of the tasks had the new day. At one point last week, I had an example where the parent and one subtask advanced their dates, but left another subtask with its "old" dates. Is there any more information you would like?
adriank

Posted Mar 25, 2017 in: New Task Layout - Repeat Tasks Question
  • adriank
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2017
If I have an existing task that is set to repeat every 90 days, will it continue to function properly in the new task layout where I don't have that repeat option?
adriank

• adriank
  • Posted: Mar 25, 2017
In the new task layout, I have several tasks that display different start dates and end dates than shown in the "old" task layout. As best I can tell, it appears to be limited to tasks that are subtasks with a repeat "With Parent". In the new task layout, they are incorrectly displaying the dates as if the parent had not been checked off, while in the new layout, they are displaying the correct dates updated after the parent was checked off. I tried to verify with with a test parent and test subtasks, and I couldn't even get the parent task to properly check off in the new layout. Is there anything more I can provide to help with troubleshooting this? I'd be glad to help if you need more information...
adriank

• adriank
  • Posted: Mar 16, 2017
Thanks Jake! Double-clicking wasn't something intuitive for me to try, but it is certainly an acceptable workaround to make date changes almost as efficient in the new layout. Is there any consideration to a user setting that disables the animation that fades the popup calendar window in and out? I could do without the animation to save time.

Personally, I didn't notice anything different about the tag picker window functionality as far as delay or mouse clicks / movement required to use.
adriank

• adriank
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2017
Changing start dates or end dates in the new task layout takes significantly more time than in the old layout. Using Chrome on Windows 10 PC in the old layout, I would click on the date which would pop up the date selection window and I would click on a date in the calendar or one of the choices in the list (Today, Tomorrow, etc.) and the window would close and the date would be updated in the task list. In the new layout, I click on the date, the date selection window opens as expected, but when I click on a date or a choice on the list, the date isn't updated until I move the mouse off the window and wait up to 3 seconds for the window to disappear. What used to take a fraction of a second to do two clicks and change the dates now takes two clicks, excessive mouse movement, and a three second delay. Since I change dates on many tasks throughout the day, this would be a serious efficiency setback for me. Is there any workaround to make this as efficient as the old layout (please!)?