Search results for "Posted by paul"
paul

Score: 0
  • paul
  • Posted: Feb 20, 2012
  • Score: 0
Posted by mickeyVee:
Posted by paul:

Multi-select / multi-edit is now a feature in "ultimate to-do list" v1.5, an Android partner mobile client for Toodledo. And it's implemented very well. Simple but effective. This functionality is included in their mobile and tablet version.

Paul, I'm using version 1.6.4 of "Ultimate to do list". How do you do the multi select you refer to?

mickeyVee, sorry for the delay, and confusion. 1.5 is the tablet version, the phone version with multi-select is v1.7. On both, just hit the menu button on the task list of your choice and it's one of the 6 options. You should have or will soon be prompted to update via the android market. Enjoy.
paul

• paul
  • Posted: Feb 14, 2012
Posted by Toodledo:
You can already multi-edit from the search page, but multi-edit everywhere is still on our to-do list.

Multi-select / multi-edit is now a feature in "ultimate to-do list" v1.5, an Android partner mobile client for Toodledo. And it's implemented very well. Simple but effective. This functionality is included in their mobile and tablet version.

So those who are on Android now can somewhat call this problem solved, BUT it keeps you away from the TD interface (now used as my secondary).

Their software also does the best implementation of mobile tasks I have seen (and I've looked a lot) allowing you to set target destination diameter and persistent alarms (nagging). Both I would like to see in Toodledo. Somehow they also managed to sync the settings for these across clients (say one on phone an done tablet) through toodledo.

**I should note I am just passing along my experiences and I have not affiliation with the company**

This message was edited Feb 14, 2012.
paul

• paul
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2011
This is an extremely useful feature. It has changed the way I use tasks. And added significant value to TD and UTDL.

Thank you.

A couple of tweaks could make it even more valuable. I firmly believe these location perimeters (or something like these) will become the industry standard for all programs as location base tasks become more the norm.

Location radius: the ability to set the trigger radias by location, not by general setting across program. This becomes useful if you want to go to a part of the city say, and do a task when you are over that way.

Trigger on entry/exit: A simple setting to trigger the reminder based on either when you enter a task location zone, or when you exit. Great for reminders when you leave your house to not forget to take the...

Thanks again.
paul

• paul
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2011
+1.

This is something that would really enhance my day-to-day use of TD.

Thanks for a great program, and keeping this in your development funnel.
paul

Posted Jul 27, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011 - Part 2
  • paul
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2011
I'm sure things are pretty busy at the home office. Great work.

While we are looking at layout, why the extra space under a nested subtask. Breaks up the list and is confusing for the eyes (mine at least).

Cheers.
paul

• paul
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
Still hoping for multi-edit a some point.

Much of what needs to be said has been. What is the developers position on this these days?

"Never, ever, ever, ever...." or...

"It's on the list but not a high priority?" or...

...something else?
paul

Posted Jul 26, 2011 in: Toodledo Redesign - July 2011
  • paul
  • Posted: Jul 26, 2011
For the most part I welcome the change. A couple of points of feedback:

- before a high priority task was bold all the way across all columns I believe. Not it's just the priority column. That is confusing me.

- the calendar view layout before was bad, but at least I could see how many tasks were on each day without a mouse over. The current view is almost unusable for me as I used it before to do day by day planning across 2 monitors and 2 task systems (work and home - I don't get to pick the system at work). Now this takes MUCH longer.

- off topic a bit but when I saw the change I was really hoping it would include multi-edit. Alas.

Any thought about deploying a feature voting system like google moderator (http://www.google.com/moderator/). Takes 2 minutes to setup and would provide you a much clearer indication as to feature interest level. I know it's not all about democracy but you would think it might be helful to be able to tabulate interest.

All in all good stuff. Keep it coming!

This message was edited Jul 26, 2011.
paul

• paul
  • Posted: Oct 09, 2009
First off, this is a great app and functionality wise seems to be working great. I plan to donate to the fine work of the developer after testing and assuming I can find a fix for the problem I am having.

Which is the fact that when it syncs it maxes my cpu (100% utilization) more or less freezing the machine (or at least making it unusable for anything else. Plus the sync itself take several (10?) minutes.

For this to work for me I need frequent task syncs, but can't stop using the machine every 15 minutes.

Granted it isn't a new system with rocket fast cpu, but is 1.6GHz with 2Gb or Ram.

I see that I could email the developer directly, but it seems he/she may also monitor this forum so thought I would put this up here for benefit of all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Paul.