ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Walt"
Walt

Posted Jun 11, 2009 in: Question about the recent downtime
Score: 2
  • Walt
  • Posted: Jun 11, 2009
  • Score: 2
Let me join all those above by saying thanks. Stuff happens. One of my favorite pieces of advice for all of us compulsive, driven types: 'Just do what you can, where you are, with what you've got'!
I'm sure there could be things to learn from this outage - but stuff happens. Just learn and go on. If someone has a problem with that, well then they just have a problem!

This message was edited Jun 11, 2009.
Walt

Posted May 08, 2009 in: Looking To Store Secure Passwords
Score: 0
  • Walt
  • Posted: May 08, 2009
  • Score: 0
One way I've found to secure my sensitive information is to use TrueCrypt (available for Windows, MAC, etc.) which allows you to easily create a virtual encrypted drive on your computer. You put your sensitive info there. Do a Google search for TrueCrypt and you'll find all kinds of review etc. The algorithim used is excellent (according to those who know a lot more about encryption than I do - i.e. most anyone) and it really works.
Walt

Posted May 08, 2009 in: Keyboard Shortcut for Sorting?
  • Walt
It certainly does - bingo, it works!
Thanks so much.
You just made my day!
(OK, some of us are easy to please...)
Walt

Posted May 08, 2009 in: Keyboard Shortcut for Sorting?
  • Walt
The way I use (and love!) Toodledo I find that I frequently add a task but then want to immediately sort it so that is appears in the right place (e.g. in the hotlist or on the right due-date, etc.)

Is there a keyboard shortcut for doing a default sort?

If not, could this be added to the list for the next version?

Thanks
Walt

Posted Apr 15, 2009 in: 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month?
  • Walt
  • Posted: Apr 15, 2009
Right. Of course. I understand.
It is worth noting that the iPhone application does open up some possibilities that don't seem to be possible on the desktop/web-site application. For example, I've found that from the iPhone I can easily set up an item to repeat, for example every day but Sunday while I wasn't able to do that via the desktop/web-site. Helpful.
But that doesn't work for 1st & 3rd days of a month.
Walt

Posted Apr 14, 2009 in: 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month?
  • Walt
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2009
That's the only idea I could come up with - but it seemed like there should be a more elegant solution than that ;-}
Walt

Posted Apr 14, 2009 in: 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month?
  • Walt
  • Posted: Apr 14, 2009
How do I set up an item to repeat the first Thursday AND the third Thursday of each monht?