ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Adam Lyons"
Adam Lyons

Posted Jun 29, 2009 in: Another power outage, again
Score: 0
My advice, make sure your SLA's are clearly stated in your new hosting contract and there are financial penalties for the hosting company for not meeting them. With today's technology, 99.9% uptime is not unreasonable. It's a real bummer that these guys have made your site look bad more than once. Good luck!
Adam Lyons

Score: 0
Now we have 2 outages in a month. Waiting on the root cause analysis on this one, but it may be time to explore a new hosting provider and please please please implement google gears on this site!
Adam Lyons

Score: 1
I do agree that this does expose the need for an offline solution such as Google Gears. If we had that, this whole thing would have been relatively seamless to the end user. In the end this was handled well, though as somebody else pointed out the hosting company really screwed the pooch. I dont ever think its a good idea to proactively switch to the generator. The switch over can cause problems (which this one did because of the mechanical failure) and why expose yourself to that risk if you do not have to.

Im a pro user and I do NOT plan on asking for a refund. This happened once and to be honest was very inconvenient for me. However, since its a 1 time thing that has been handled professionally Im not about to freak out.