ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by paul.freeman"
paul.freeman

Score: -1
Looks good but I've tried to use the filters to turn off Deferred, Future and Recently completed tasks in the Contexts view and it doesn't show any tasks
paul.freeman

Score: 0
Hi,

Love the new UI and the move of the contexts etc to the Left Menu is so much better.

However, the Show Tasks Count show the whole list, not the filtered list.

Is it possible to change this ?

Thanks
Paul
paul.freeman

Hi,

I'm starting to use Goals now to manage my projects and would really like it if a parent has a Goal, that the subtask would inherit the parent's goal.

Also, sub-tasks, when created don't get any default values. In my case, I have start date set to today, but todays date only appears for new tasks that are not subtasks. I also have a default Folder of Inbox. Creating a subtask on the iphone app works as expected and startdate is set.

Obviously, there is a chance the default conflicts with the parent, but this works fine for Folders. If there it is a subtask, it inherits the parent's folder, otherwise it uses the default (unless you are in folder view when it takes the folder you are in). I would like goals to work this way too.
paul.freeman

Posted Feb 11, 2010 in: iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
I second that "No Context" and indeed a "no tag" check, which would allow me to quickly tag all the untagged tasks.

It would also allow me to exclude one tag (e.g. daytime) by two touches. One to check all, then one to uncheck the "daytime" tag.
paul.freeman

Posted Feb 03, 2010 in: iPhone app updated to version 1.5.7
This is a great update - and a testament to your levels of support.

I've never been particularly bothered that long titles were not completely shown, but having turned on the new feature, it is one of the best things I've seen :)

The tag filter is now really useful - what I'd like to see in future is saved views which had set filter settings. at present the app now shows everything I need for my GTD setup, but I need to fiddle with the filters to change from context view of my projects (Hide Future tasks, status; In-line subtasks) to Project view (Show Future tasks and status, Nested subtasks)

The way you do respond and implement feature requests and bug fixes is excellent
paul.freeman

Thanks, You give great support
paul.freeman

Hi,

I think this is a new bug in the latest version of the iphone app - not noticed it before

I have in-line subtasks in context view. If i Scroll to the bottom of the subtask in Task Details, usually where it says Parent (I think as it crashes I can't recall what the actual button says), it crashes the app.

This does not occur when viewing the parent task with Nested view where I can scroll to the bottom of the Task Details and it will say X Subtasks. It also lets me scroll to the bottom of those tasks, so the bug must be at the point where it determines what a tasks parent is.
paul.freeman

Posted Jan 15, 2010 in: Cloning tasks and subtasks
Excellent, thanks
paul.freeman

Posted Jan 15, 2010 in: Cloning tasks and subtasks
Has something changed with the cloning of tasks with subtasks?

I have a number of templates set up which I use to clone "projects"

Until recently, a parent task with 4 subtasks could be cloned and all subtasks would appear under the clone.

Now, only the first subtask is cloned along with the parent.

Can anyone else reproduce this ?
paul.freeman

Great update, thanks for changing the list count, although if I was picky I'd prefer just to see the filtered rather than filtered/total ... but it returns the information that I need to see, so it is good enough.

I can also confirm it fixes the display bug when it caused a screen flicker if exiting the app whilst it was syncing. Perfect.

I'm not sure how the tag and context filters work, I'll have a play later.
paul.freeman

Posted by paul.freeman:

Here is the key :- It only happens if you leave the Toodledo app, i.e. hit the home button whilst there is movement on the screen, so lets say I'm in a task and I touch on the Contexts button on the top left. If I hit the button straight away, I get the jiggling screen.

I want to revise under what conditions it occurs after using it this past week.

In fact, it only occurs if I switch out of the app when it is performing a network sync.

I have turned off automatic sync today, and the problem has not occurred once.

Hope this helps you narrow it down. I'm just glad it is an app problem, as I initially thought there was something wrong with my iPod
paul.freeman

Ok, just spent about 10 minutes attempting to reproduce it without luck, it is so intermittent I couldn't be sure if it was related to Toodledo at all.

Then, I decided to add a task to investigate this further tomorrow and as I left the Toodledo app I managed to reproduce it.

Here is the key :- It only happens if you leave the Toodledo app, i.e. hit the home button whilst there is movement on the screen, so lets say I'm in a task and I touch on the Contexts button on the top left. If I hit the button straight away, I get the jiggling screen.

I'm using an iPod Touch with the 3.1.2 software, and Toodledo version 1.5.5
paul.freeman

Yes, occasionally I'm getting the rapid screen movement too. I haven't yet decided it is caused by Toodledo, as it happens so infrequently, but I was beginning to suspect Toodledo as it usually happened just after I was using it.

Seen as you see it too, I'm now thinking it might be the Toodledo app.

It is a very weird experience.

(not had the other issue on my touch though)
paul.freeman

Posted Nov 12, 2009 in: Number of tasks incorrect
Thanks very much for replying.

My iphone filters are the same as the website (hide future tasks, hide deferred tasks) but the badge never used to match, but I think it does now - I only have due today and overdue set for my badge so this is not affected by the filters.
paul.freeman

Posted Nov 12, 2009 in: Number of tasks incorrect
Oh dear, well you've made it 100% more confusing for me. I remember that there was numbers available as an option to put on the tabs but I found them highly confusing because the values in the tabs did not show the correct number of actual visible tasks in that tab.

Now you've migrated that same confusion to the iphone app :(

I think you should take a leaf from the developer of DateBk6 and make the app more configurable - Keep the default option the most obvious - but when requested to change something, make the change a configurable option, not an across the board change that effects everyone.

Is there any way to revert that change or to make it an option?

Is there any way I can revert to the 1.5.4 version of the app, as this change makes it highly confusing to me.

What is the point of the number of tasks in a context NOT showing the correct value of "visible" available tasks in that context?

This seems so wrong.

I bet from now on you will get lots of messages saying that the number in the context does not match the actual tasks visible in that view.
paul.freeman

Posted Nov 11, 2009 in: Number of tasks incorrect
Oh, and to offer my reasoning for seeing it as 0, is that I use the Contexts screen as per GTD. So I scan my Context lists on the iphone to see if I need to do something in that context. e.g. if @Out/Errands is greater than 0, then I need to head to the shops at some point. If it says 5, but I then go into that view and see 0, then that is not right for me. I hope that helps.

I use the filtering quite a lot, for items that will start in the future, or someday maybe, hold or reference items.
paul.freeman

Sorry, I've not explained it properly. On the previous screen called Contexts, it has the list of contexts with a bubble and the number of tasks. Previously this would have been 0 for @compwork, now it says 13

On the home screen, the number of All Tasks now shows every single task whether filtered or not. Previously it only showed the filtered tasks.
paul.freeman

I've just upgraded to 1.5.5 of the iphone app and have noted that the number of tasks are now incorrect.

I think it is related to the update " The badges that show the number of tasks in a list will now match the behavior on the website."

However, for my context @compwork, I have on the website
"0 To-dos in context '@compwork', sorted by Importance"

but "13 active tasks are hidden due to your filter settings"

but on the contexts page, the number is 13, not 0 like it was previously

If I enter that context, there are no tasks to complete as expected. The button at the bottom says "Filters (13)"
paul.freeman

Oh, and now I remember another point on the usability front.

The message that appears on the screen is in the form of a question "Do you have an internet connection ?"

However, there is no way to answer it. There is only an OK button to press. Maybe, it was a "yes" so it attempts to sync again, or "no" so that automatic syncing was turned off, the question in the dialog box would make sense, otherwise it could do with being changed so that it was not a question.
paul.freeman

Well, I do want it to sync on startup when I've got a network connection. Apart from the message, the syncing works exactly as I want it to, I don't want to have to press a button to get it to sync. This was how it was working in the previous version, so I'm wondering what the need for the change was.

Also, the main point of my question was the fact that when I'm in network range, toodledo attempts to sync before the wifi has connected - a 2/3 sec delay would solve 95% of the times I get the message.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next