ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by choralreef"
choralreef

Posted Mar 02, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 3
Hi,
I use toodledo mostly on a laptop at work, with a bit on the android. So far it has been working really well as a checklist of things to do that has powerful sorting and binning ability. The trouble I'm running into now is I think two themes that have come up in the forum posts prior - projects and planning/scheduling.

Projects:
Currently I use goals to define projects, and that works in theory, but really I tend to ignore them after having defined that field. What might help is if there were some way to color code or flag similar goals (or create a new projects functionality like some people are proposing) - I've noticed that the option to distinguish prioritization level with color and bolding of the font face does qualitatively make a difference for me.

Planning / Scheduling:
I am using start and end times and then the iCal functionality to connect scheduled tasks to Outlook and my android calendar app. The update frequency doesn't actually end up being a problem for me, and the items show up in a very convenient schedule with tasks and time neatly arranged on my calendar, but the one-way updates makes it difficult to really look over my schedule and then make changes as needed. To make matters worse, there's no way to do this even from within Toodledo - the calendar functionality only allows sorting by date, and there is no view of the week's schedule by tasks, much less one with the ability to drag and drop them from one time slot to another. The result is that I have to guess what seems like a good time slot is for my task, then wait for it to pop up in Outlook or my calendar app, and if it's not satisfactory go back to toodledo, search for the task, change the times again, and so on - far from ideal. Having a calendar view with drag and drop would certainly be a welcome addition to the app. Such a view could also make slotting tasks easier because you might drag and select a time period on a certain date, obviating the need for five separate manual entries of start date, time, length, end date, time.

Thanks!