ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jbgoode"
jbgoode

Posted Dec 10, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 2
  • jbgoode
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2014
  • Score: 2
I use Toodledo for… implementing GTD for keeping track of all the stuff I have to do with my work, personal life, and everything in between. I use the website on Chrome and the iOS app.

View by: [selection in left sidebar] contexts, switching by which one i'm in.

1st Sort: importance. i have a ton of tasks and the hot ones need to bubble to the top. the smartness of importance helps me keep things prioritized.

no 2nd or 3rd sorts.

I use notes for tasks if i have forwarded them from email.

folders are gtd projects.

don't use tags much. don't use sharing, since i don't know any other toodledo users. tasks i delegate go to my team in JIRA. priorities are nice, but not as useful if there are only 3. if there were user-defined priorities or reordering, i'd use them more.
jbgoode

Posted Dec 10, 2014 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
Score: 3
  • jbgoode
  • Posted: Dec 10, 2014
  • Score: 3
Got to disagree with gurminderm. Whatever you do, don't fail to learn from why Todoist and Wunderlist are getting lots more attention and press, while Toodledo is falling off of people's radar: design matters. People like to use things that are simple, but powerful.

I'm getting ready to move to another platform because yours feels very old and cluttered. Toodledo's featureset is pretty good, but honestly, I would like to see a "less is more" approach with the UI.

I only use Toodledo for tasks. I want something that looks simple because I use it all day long and don't want to be distracted with extra stuff. The columns are too much. Just because I use a field's value doesn't mean I want to see it all the time. Notes, Outlines, and Lists are useless to me (what's the different use case for an Outline vs a List, anyway?). Most people use Evernote for notes, so I'd work on integrating with them.

Colorwise, The gray/blue feels like very industrial and boring. Either go minimal color or go bold, but don't be stale.

Saved searches are a great feature that are super useful and that really set Toodledo apart from other tools. Make them more prominent.

Lastly, I think you should consider rebranding under another name. It feels just a little too cutesy for something as serious as productivity.

Thanks for listening, and if you are interested in getting some good user feedback, I suggest usertesting.com. They're pretty cheap, and our company's gotten a lot of great insight that we never would have thought of by just watching users click through stuff on our website.