ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by DIYBarry"
DIYBarry

Posted Mar 26, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 2
  • DIYBarry
  • Posted: Mar 26, 2020
  • Score: 2
Because of difficulties with Toodledo over the past several months, I quit using it. Now, hundreds of Tasks are overdue. This morning, I used Batch Edit on my laptop to bring them up to date but they won't sync onto my Android. Nor will the dozen or two tasks I managed to add on my Android sync back onto my laptop.

I thought it was something I'd done - every time I open Toodledo on my Android device, it INSTANTLY crashes!

I spent my entire career in the software industry. Back in its early days, I was an information systems director for a 15,000 employee organization. Then I co-founded several software firms, serving as chief technology officer, chief marketing officer, CEO, and board member. One of my firms was acquired by Microsoft and is still an independent operating unit within it. Another was acquired by Philips Electronics of Holland and controls a large, successful market segment.

Thus, I know about the effective management of both the technology and business sides of developing, maintaining, upgrading, and supporting software as well as launching products, marketing them successfully, growing the business, and maintaining a healthy organizational balance and culture.

To fall completely out of touch with an organization's customer base for months on end is almost unforgivable - indeed, you will have to work diligently to regain any degree of trust whatsoever. The fact that you prioritized development over customer awareness and reassurance demonstrates a near total lack of understanding of how the app business works... not to mention a complete scarcity of knowledge of how users think and operate.

To try to slough it all off with an "i'm a techie, yikes" attitude is an insult to your users.

In the meantime, there are those of us out here each with thousands of tasks in Toodledo's format who have a now-useless product.

I'm certainly willing to give you a second chance - but only if I can get the app on my Android device operating again. Having it crash instantly upon opening dozens and dozens of times in a row is frustrating, disheartening, and a bit angering.

I truly wish you success... but mostly, I wish a communication from you with a solution for getting the updated tasks from my laptop version two-way synced with the added tasks on my Android version.

Sincerely,

Barry Barnes
Long-term user
DIYBarry

Score: 0
  • DIYBarry
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2017
  • Score: 0
I have a folder called "MG78" that has about 200 tasks in it (it happens to be related to the restoration of a 1978 MGB classic car). I'm going to soon be starting restoring another car (a 1973 MGB that will involve most of the same tasks). I already have a folder for it called "MG73" with some existing tasks in it.

I'd like to COPY (duplicate rather than move) all 200 +/- tasks - then delete a few, add a few, or modify a few.

Is it possible to use the Export function, editing out the unneeded tasks from the CSV or XML file, changing the folder name, and then Importing the reduced file? Can I do this without wiping out my other folders?... or the other tasks within the target folder?

A far better and easier way of doing this would be a "Copy" option within the Batch Edit function but Toodledo doesn't have that.

Any assistance would be appreciated.