ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by djembe1"
djembe1

Posted Jul 29, 2010 in: iPhone App Update to Version 2.0.3
Score: 0
  • djembe1
  • Posted: Jul 29, 2010
  • Score: 0
I have continued to monitor Sync on Startup, and I have encountered an occurrence of making a change on the web, and not getting that transferred to my Touch on Startup. My hypothesis is disproved. Find and fix, please.
djembe1

Posted Jul 25, 2010 in: iPhone App Update to Version 2.0.3
  • djembe1
  • Posted: Jul 25, 2010
I have been carefully monitoring since my post 5 days ago, and I have yet to have a missed Sync on Startup when there was a difference between the web and my Touch. Maybe I've been very lucky, but I haven't encountered the circumstance that disproves my hypothesis that if the two databases are already in sync when the iPhone app checks on startup, then the sync bar doesn't display. I'm assuming that the website and the iPhone app both maintain overall last synced and last changed dates, and if a quick compare of those shows no changes, then the sync can quit without checking each task in detail. That way the sync could be completed before there was time to display the bar.
djembe1

Posted Jul 20, 2010 in: iPhone App Update to Version 2.0.3
  • djembe1
  • Posted: Jul 20, 2010
Toodledo, based on your response I got off the fence and synced, backed up, and upgraded my Touch 2G running iOS 4 to 2.0.3 (I had been holding at 2.0.0, based on comments).

The first three times I went in ("first time", "give it another chance", "run something else, then try again"), I saw no evidence of the initial sync. Light bulb. On the web site (via my PC) I changed a couple tasks. On the Touch I went back in to Toodledo. Sync on Startup happened. Is it possible that you sped up the Sync on Startup process so that if there are no changes needed, it never displays the progress popup? Or it displays and removes the progress before my Touch can even display it? I'm not one to argue with faster.
djembe1

Posted Jul 16, 2010 in: Sync not working since 2.0.2 update
  • djembe1
  • Posted: Jul 16, 2010
From Toodledo 6 days ago on an earlier thread in this forum:

We have already sent an update to Apple that fixes this. iOS4 changed a lot of ways that apps start/quit and our "sync on startup" logic has gotten really complicated to support all scenarios. Sorry.
djembe1

Posted Jul 14, 2010 in: Add 'star' as criteria for Hotlist
  • djembe1
  • Posted: Jul 14, 2010
Please don't make "starred" a mandatory criteria for the Hotlist. That would totally ruin how I use the Hotlist and stars (the normal hotlist criteria is perfect for me - I just use the stars to set off the tasks that are on my boss's hot list).
djembe1

• djembe1
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2010
The 2.0.2 thread in the "News" forums has a number of people who don't sync on startup. They seem to all be using iOS4, but on older hardware (where many of the new iOS4 features are disabled). As a result, I haven't upgraded from 2.0.0 for my 2nd generation Touch.

Adding your experience to the mix, it would appear that 2.0.2 (and 2.0.1 for that matter) only works 100% correctly for iOS4 users on iPhones 4 and 3GS, and Touch 3rd Generation. Any other combination of models or iOS versions would seem to have some bugs to work out. I would expect that fixes are in progress (based on Toodledo's usual responsiveness), and hope that they've already been sent to Apple, but there hasn't been any indication of that yet in the News thread.
djembe1

Posted Jun 14, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPad / iPhone version 2.0
  • djembe1
  • Posted: Jun 14, 2010
Thank you for the notebook addition, though the 2.0 version hasn't pushed Appigo's Notebook off my home page, I expect that the .1 or .2 will, just as their ToDo app was gradually replaced by 1.x of Toodledo.

Basically the suggestions I have all have to do with seeing more of the note. Working from bottom to top...

I agree with eykanal that the black bar is a good idea, and that it shouldn't be on the detail view, either for tasks or notes.

I do like having the dates available, but I agree that putting them at the (scrollable) bottom of the note would make them available on the rare occasions I want them, but out of the way otherwise. I'd rather do without them than lose note-reading space to them.

My key dislike is losing 1/4 the note's available space to let me change the note title and folder. Please, please, please find a way to make them only show up once I've touched "Edit". When I'm reading a note, I don't need a constant reminder of title and folder - and if I did, the folder is above, in the "Back" button, And the first word or two could be displayed instead of "Notebook Details". I'd rather the complete title be bolded and placed at the top of the scrollable note area, so like the dates, it would be gone from the screen most of the time. If you can make the title and folder edit areas scroll along with the note text, that would be fine.

I like the addition. And because I've seen how you are always listening, and continually improving Toodledo, both the web and the iPhone app, I'm sure there are even better things ahead. Thanks again.
djembe1

Posted Jun 09, 2010 in: New action button and moving note icons
  • djembe1
  • Posted: Jun 09, 2010
I have the same problem as Jerry with the double-spacing (except I don't have the trash can displayed, so there is nothing on the second line). Also using FF 3.6.3. I created a ticket, including before and after screen shots.