ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by buzz"
buzz

Posted Sep 09, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
Score: 0
  • buzz
  • Posted: Sep 09, 2009
  • Score: 0
I just read Edward's post above in detail.

A number of ideas:

1. There is no practical limit to the the number of ActiveWords that you can have, or the number of ways that you can use ActiveWords to do the things you do.

2. Here is one simple tweak that will help a lot once you install ActiveWords:

Right click on the ActiveWords monitor, go to options, go to confirmation options, and then enable the spacebar/spacebar box at the top 1/3 of screen.

This way you don't have to reach for the F8 key, and can just use the space bar to trigger ActiveWords.

3. If you want to see the ActiveWords that you have created, just type the word "view" hit either F8 or spacebar twice.

4. We are constantly looking at buiding what we call WordBases or ActiveWords agents, e.g. http://www.activewords.com/plusapplications.html So...any suggestions as to apps/ideas we can enable, please let me/us know.

5. In terms of ActiveWords best practices, we would like to think that with ActiveWords the limiting factor becomes your imagination. But there are somethings that I do all the time that seem to work well.

Examples...

a. I name things with either words or acroynms according to what comes first to mine. An example might be that in my ActiveWords world, using either "w, wd, write, or word" when triggered launch Microsoft word.

b. I travel about a week a month, and have learned to name the weather underground sites for the cities that I go to by a convention, e.g. wusea, takes me to the weather here in Seattle, e.g. wu for weather underground and then the airport code. This allows me to make sure that when they slap the baggage tag on my suitcase that at least for the moment it is going in the right direction.

c. And for TD, I wrote a quick script this morning, e.g. Try this little script and tell me what you think.

<tdt><WAIT FOR WINDOW:TITLE=Toodledo>@Trader Joe's<TAB:6>

Where TDT... is my ActiveWord for "Toodledo add task" e.g. see below...
I am mulling over building a whole list, e.g.

@costco =atcos
@computer = atcom

ActiveWords is a bit like an erector set, we don't care what you build, we just want you to have fun and get both the machinery out of your face and and get things done.

Buzz
[email protected]
buzz

Posted Sep 01, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
  • buzz
  • Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I have been trading E-Mail with Ben offline. I think his issue is that he was using an older version of ActiveWords which may not have recognized the newer architecture of our WordBase design.

He's going to upgrade, and we will see if there is a problem.

Our EULA provides that if you buy a copy of ActiveWords, upgrades are free and that you can run ActiveWords on any computer that you use. We don't care. We want ActiveWords to be with you always and everywhere, just like Toodledo.

Buzz
buzz

Posted Aug 21, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
  • buzz
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2009
My error on not including the link! I am planning on doing a video so that you can easily get the power of the idea...

Buzz
buzz

Posted Aug 21, 2009 in: Plugin for ActiveWords
  • buzz
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Hi All... We, e.g. ActiveWords have been working with Jake to create the ActiveWords Toodledo WordBase. The idea behind ActiveWords is to let you type, ink click on and ultimately speak a word, letter or acronym in any app at any time and get a predictable result. Hence I know type "ntask"... anywhere and ActiveWords takes me to the add a task window at Toodledo.

I just did this little video, let me know if it helps you understand ActiveWords better, and plan to do one for Toodledo.

http://www.screencast.com/t/PCdINrDI

We only work on Windows, and would love to find a great Mac developer to talk to about building a Mac version.

Try ActiveWords and tell me what you think.

Buzz
[email protected]