ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by steph"
steph

Posted Feb 05, 2017 in: Task v. Subtask display
Score: 0
  • steph
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2017
  • Score: 0
Perhaps there is a setting, but I can't find it...

I have a lot of tasks that have many subtasks; in fact, I love this feature. Those subtasks often have different priorities, contexts and due dates than the main task. The problem is that when the app displays my lists of tasks and subtasks, there is a line for the main task and then lines for all the subtasks. Since, in this case, the main task is just a header, I would like a setting that allows me to *not* display the task when it has subtasks. Or even better, allow me to display the main task as metadata for subtasks.

For example, if I have a main task that is "buy supplies for Spring fundraiser", and then I have a list of items (napkins, tablecloth, flyers, etc.), I would prefer that I not have a to-to on my list that says "buy supplies....". Instead, I want one task that says "napkins", with a metatag displayed underneath that says "buy supplies...". That way, I can check off each subtask, without the main task taking up space on my list.

I have searched for such a setting, but am not finding it. So this is either a request for guidance, or a feature suggestion.

Steph
steph

Score: 1
  • steph
  • Posted: Feb 05, 2017
  • Score: 1
I like the widget display of my personal lists on my phone, but the checkbox seems to be only for show. It's very small and can't be checked off as complete. It seems I have to open the app to do that. Have I missed something? The list is much less useful if I can't just check off completed tasks.
steph

Posted Jun 20, 2009 in: iPhone 3.0
  • steph
  • Posted: Jun 20, 2009
Just upgraded and Toodledo synced just fine. Will the updated Toodledo be able to leverage the Voice Memos function in 3.0 (instead of Jott, which hasn't been working for me)?
steph

• steph
  • Posted: Jun 10, 2009
I'm a new user, trying this after years of using ListPro as a power user. I have been trying to strategize about how to set up and transfer lists, and have a few questions and/or suggestions:

1. I like the idea of tagging, because I can use multiples (like tagging items in a packing list as for me or my son or both), but it seems that the functionality needs to go one more step. I can use the same tag more than once, but I have to keep entering it again and again. Clearly, the tags are aggregated for the purpose of creating the TAG display tabs, so why can't they be aggregated in a dropdown from which I can select my tags?

2. I want to import a bunch of my ListPro lists, and I have the CSV files all ready to go. Is there a way to import all the tesks from a single list into one folder? I was thinking that if I opened the CSV in Excel and added a Folder colunm, *then* imported it, that might work. Is this doable, or is there a better way?

3. A related question: is there some way to select a bunch of tasks and do something globally to them, e.g., put a group of tasks into a particular folder in one step? This is where drag and drop functionality would be awesome...

That's it so far, but I'm sure there will be more! Thanks for any and all advice...

Steph