ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by randalljsmith"
randalljsmith

Posted Mar 14, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 3
Dealing with my once-adored Toodledo over the past weeks has reminded me of a story about Motley Crue. Tommy Lee and Nikki Sixx had a contest in which they would completely ignore their personal hygiene for days, even weeks, and see just how thoroughly disgusting they could be and still have groupies want to sleep with them.

Toodledo is the Motley Crue rhythm section and we users are the groupies. Just how absolutely buggy and frustrating can they make the program and still have us want to use it? I have reached the point where the time I spend trying to get Toodledo to work properly is probably greater than the time I could have spent moving to a new provider.

As I type this, there are several yellow Post It notes on my desk beside my keyboard. Why? Because - starting last night - I have been unable to add new tasks. As soon as I click the "Start Date" and pull up the little calendar, the entire page freezes. I'm using Post Its! This isn't the to-do app for which I've been a paid user for years.

This message was edited Mar 14, 2019.
randalljsmith

Score: 1
Yes. Been going on for about a day or two now. I checked off a few daily tasks and they remained as starting today even though the new due date for the next day is now tomorrow. Now today even the tasks which show as starting tomorrow are showing up in the "Today's tasks" portion of my task list. I am really getting tired of the random sync issues which pop up every week or so. This used to be a great app. Now I am spending as much time trying to sort it out as I do actually using it. I've been a Silver subscriber for 3-4 years. I am getting close to dropping this app and finding another.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2019.
randalljsmith

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 2
I share Douglas's concerns. This is already the best "to do" app on the market today. I have tried every one that appears in all the "best" lists. If the business plan includes a hefty marketing effort to build a larger subscriber base, then I get it. I always tell people about Toodledo after they complain about some other productivity tool that they are using. There are a lot of potential users out there who have never heard of Toodledo.

However, if the business plan is to "fix" Toodledo, then I'm thinking you've erred in your research. For its ease of use and accessibility across platforms, it is already tops. (I access it on a PC, an Android, a Samsung smart watch and an old Blackberry.) To my thinking, the best feature is the customization. Toodledo probably looks different to every user, and we like the way it works because we customized it to be that way. I have a specific way of organizing my lists and notes and I love that Toodledo can be set up exactly how I want it. (Granted, I have to pay for a Silver Subscription to do that, but I am happy to do so.)

I can offer only a few small suggestions to improve:

1. When entering "due" or "start" times, write the code such that there is no need to type a colon in the time. It is a slight pain to enter a due time of 10:30 and have to hunt down the " : " to go in between the 10 and the 30. Google Calendar, for example, knows that typing 1030 in a time box means 10:30. A small change, but a nice convenience for those of us who use start times and due times, rather than just dates.

2. I think I already saw this above, but agree with the poster who requested an ability automatically to roll incomplete tasks to a due date of the current day. On busy days, I may end up with multiple undone tasks. They show up at the top of my list even if I have more pressing ones that are due on the current day's date. If they pile up enough, I have to spend 5-10 minutes going through manually to roll them to the next day or next work day or whatever. Lost time. Would love to be able to automate that.