Search results for "Posted by GaRock"
GaRock

Posted Dec 02, 2016 in: Recurring tasks
Score: 0
  • GaRock
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2016
  • Score: 0
Posted by Jake:
This may be a setting in your calendar, but it isn't possible on Toodledo's side right now to tell the calendar that repeating tasks arent actually repeating.

Toodledo doesn't show repeating tasks in the task view as multiple tasks -- it shows a single task that moves to the next date when the task is checked off. Wouldn't it make sense to have this behavior in the calendar as well?
GaRock

Posted Dec 02, 2016 in: Outline item to task
Score: 3
  • GaRock
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2016
  • Score: 3
I saw this discussion in another thread from 2015, but the thread was closed due to "age."

I would love to make use of the outliner for building projects, but it seems cut off from other Toodledo functions (tasks, notes, etc.). I would like to be able to build an outline for a project, and then go back through the completed outline, pick out action items, and assign start dates, due dates, tags, actions, etc.

It is interesting that I cannot re-organize tasks, but I can reorganize outline items. I have only one level of subtasks in tasks, but multiple levels of heirarchy in outlines. I can check off outline items as if they were tasks, but I cannot add task attributes to outline items to make them act like real tasks. It seems as if tasks and outlines could be one application -- both would become more powerful if they were unified.
GaRock

Score: 0
  • GaRock
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2016
  • Score: 0
I've used 2Day and SharpTasks on a Surface 3 running Windows 10. Honestly, I prefer the web interface to both of them for general work, but I use SharpTask's live tile in the start menu for quick reference to the Hotlist. 2Day only shows today's tasks in the live tile. SharpTasks supports subtasks, 2Day does not. Lastly, 2Day kept giving me some strange error message about overusing the API. It didn't really cause any problems, but it was mildly annoying. All of the task managers I've seen for Windows 10 (that sync with Toodledo) use the "touch-friendly" task boxes. Maybe I'm just old-school, but I prefer the nested list-style task lists, which is why I have a shortcut to the web interface on my start menu.
GaRock

Posted Oct 05, 2016 in: Recurring tasks
Score: 1
  • GaRock
  • Posted: Oct 05, 2016
  • Score: 1
Is it possible to NOT show repeating tasks in the iCal feed? It makes for a very cluttered calendar to have a repeating task appear on every day in the future, instead of only the current occurrence. My preference would be to have any dated task appear only on the next date, and then when the task is completed, it moves to the next occurrence.