ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jdew"
jdew

Score: 0
  • jdew
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
  • Score: 0
Posted by Toodledo:
That kind of customization won't be possible right now.

Oh well. Thanks for all your good work.
jdew

• jdew
  • Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Thanks for the updates. Will it be possible to set folder defaults that ONLY apply to twitter and email soon?

For instance, I use twitter to update my Groceries list but rarely any other folder.

It would be great to just do:

d toodledo bread

rather than

d toodledo bread *Groceries

But, obviously, setting Groceries as my default folder wouldn't be to useful for general use...

Thanks!
John
jdew

• jdew
  • Posted: Apr 12, 2010
I'm a Windows Mobile user and have been longing for an easy way to add a new item to my toodledo lists from my phone without the lengthy process of launching the web browser.

Last week I stumbled across a handy way to do just that using Blade Lane's TwitToday plugin. This plugin allows you to update your twitter status from the today screen. But, you can also use it to send direct messages.

Using this ability and toodledo's twitter connection I can send a quick tweet like:

d toodledo Milk *Groceries

which will add Milk to my groceries list. Brilliant!

The TwitToday plugin is available here:
http://dalelane.co.uk/page.php?id=1047

Info on configuring toodledo to use twitter is here:
http://www.toodledo.com/connect_twitter.php

I've been using this on my HTC TyTN II running WM6.1
jdew

• jdew
  • Posted: Nov 26, 2009
Posted by andrew:
Thanks for your feedback. I'll see what we can do to improve performance. And yes we can tidy up the options.

We went for .Net 4 because .Net3.5 Client Profile has major deficiencies and the full .NET Framework is gigantic. Hopefully we'll get a full release of 4.0 before too long.

I don't understand why you are seeing duplicates, so I'll investigate that further.

Regards,
Andrew

Thanks for replying so quickly. I look forward to trying the next version!
jdew

Score: 1
  • jdew
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2009
  • Score: 1
I've been tinkering with TaskAngel for about 20 minutes now and have noticed two troubling things:

I'm seeing numerous duplicate tasks in the list after adding a couple of tasks, starring a couple more and generally just clicking around. Fortunately it appears to just be a display issue because sync'ing back to toodledo does not create duplicates on the website.

The application is using a huge amount of memory for what it's doing. On launch it was using 37MB, after 20 minutes it was using 46MB. I only have about 50 or 60 active tasks so this seems quite excessive.
jdew

Score: 1
  • jdew
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2009
  • Score: 1
Posted by andrew:
My company MyPocketSoft has just released TaskAngel, a personal workload organizer for Windows. This provides all the richness and immediacy of a desktop app, while using Toodledo as a sync server. This provides a number of benefits:

Backup: Toodledo acts as a secure backup server. If you lose your local copy of your task list, you can get it back from the server with one click.

On the go: Hand-held devices such as the iPhone and Windows Mobile have the ability to sync to Toodledo, so you can easy feed changes back and forth between them and TaskAngel. And you can run TaskAngel on your laptop while traveling, when the Internet is unavailable.

Work and play: You can keep your one copy of your task list on your work PC, and another at home. TaskAngel sync keeps them up to date with each other.

For full information and a trial download, please visit http://www.taskangel.com

We would very much welcome your comments.

Best wishes,

Andrew Boswell
MyPocketSoft

I very much would like a desktop app that sync's to toodledo so I downloaded and tried this application. Your website doesn't appear to have a forum to discuss it so I'll do it here.

I have some comments about the install process first off:

Why did you choose to use .NET 4 when it's still in beta. This was almost a deal breaker for me: I was reluctant to install beta software on my nice new Windows 7 machine. I ultimately did decide to install it but it makes me nervous.

As suggested in the help file I set up my sync to toodledo and had it do the sync. What the help file didn't say was that all the pre-canned stuff already in TaskAngel would be added to my toodledo set up. I would have preferred to be offered a choice to replace the TaskAngel set up with my own carefully crafted folders and contexts.

Please don't create an icon on my desktop without asking me. I very much dislike desktop icons. That is soooo Windows XP. ;)

Please have an option to remove the TaskAngel icon / show completed checkbox / search items from the task bar so I can see more of MY items. Having those in a toolbar / menu item would be enough.

The app itself looks slick and I'm looking forward to spending some time with it over the next little while to try it out.
jdew

• jdew
  • Posted: Nov 24, 2009
Posted by andrew:
I've now added the User Guide to the web-site, with a lot more detail and screenshots.
Direct link is http://www.mypocketsoft.com/taskangel/help/index.html

Andrew
MyPocketSoft

I don't see the info about how to sync to Windows Mobile devices. How does that part work?
jdew

• jdew
  • Posted: Oct 20, 2009
Posted by paul:
First off, this is a great app and functionality wise seems to be working great. I plan to donate to the fine work of the developer after testing and assuming I can find a fix for the problem I am having.

Which is the fact that when it syncs it maxes my cpu (100% utilization) more or less freezing the machine (or at least making it unusable for anything else. Plus the sync itself take several (10?) minutes.

For this to work for me I need frequent task syncs, but can't stop using the machine every 15 minutes.

Granted it isn't a new system with rocket fast cpu, but is 1.6GHz with 2Gb or Ram.

I see that I could email the developer directly, but it seems he/she may also monitor this forum so thought I would put this up here for benefit of all.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Paul.

I had the same problem and it was suggested that I disable sync'ing of the notes. Sure enough, it solved the problem.
jdew

Posted Sep 04, 2009 in: Outlook sync 1.0.1.1 using 90% of CPU
  • jdew
  • Posted: Sep 04, 2009
Oh, I was sync'ing notes by mistake. With the note sync'ing disabled it still jumps to 90 - 100% during sync'ing but the sync duration is much shorter.
jdew

Posted Sep 02, 2009 in: Outlook sync 1.0.1.1 using 90% of CPU
  • jdew
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2009
When outlook sync is working the combination of Outlook and SyncApp.exe is running about 90% CPU utilitization. I don't remember this happening with the .99 version.

I'm sync'ing against folders rather than contexts if that makes any difference.
jdew

Posted Jul 10, 2009 in: Receiving todo list via twitter
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 10, 2009
Posted by Anders:
That looks right. Depending on your Twitter client, the return message may not show in your regular feed. You may have to check Messages or something like that. Also you can allow direct to device messages for Toodledo on Twitter and get the return message as an SMS on your phone.

Oh, grrr for some reason I wasn't following @toodledo on twitter. The connection between my toodledo account and twitter was lost yesterday for some reason so maybe it 'unfollowed' it and didn't 'refollow' it when I remade the connection. Anyway, when I re-followed @toodledo and sent the request I got the reply!

Thanks!
jdew

Score: -1
  • jdew
  • Score: -1
+1 for Windows Mobile
+1 for Evernote (trying to work only in the cloud ;))
jdew

Posted Jul 10, 2009 in: Receiving todo list via twitter
  • jdew
Hi

I've been able to add items to my todo list via twitter but I'm not able to get a anything back from toodledo when I request a list.

I've been using this command to get my personal todo's:

dm toodledo ?*Personal
OR
d toodledo ?*Personal

How is this supposed to work?

Thanks!
jdew

Posted Jul 09, 2009 in: Creating an application
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Do whatever you want. Just use heavy caching so you don't overload our servers.

Awesome.
jdew

Posted Jul 09, 2009 in: Creating an application
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 09, 2009
Can I just take the info in the 'Welcome Developers' message and just start hacking away creating an application?

Are there some limitations as to what I can create and / or do with my creation?

Thanks!
jdew

Posted Jul 08, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Posted by whitten:
By the way, Keef is busy, so I will help by reminding.
In the future, could you please post Outlook sync client issues in the Third party forum at http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/0/third-party-applications.html ? The Toodledo admins have asked us to stop using the developer forum for outlook sync client support. The developer forum is for questions from developers about the Toodledoo API, not for support of client applications that use the API to deliver services to end users.

This is the Third Party Application forum...

This message was edited Jul 08, 2009.
jdew

Posted Jul 08, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2009
Posted by Anders:
I'm not reallly sure about that. It could be that different versions of Outlook produce different messages, or it could be that you have Outllook tasks that are linked to emails. Anyway, I don't want to make Keef mad, so please post any further questions on this topic in a more appropriate thread, or start a new one.

Thanks. I don't have any tasks linked to emails but I took the risk anyway and let the utility have its way and it's working great.
jdew

Posted Jul 07, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Posted by Anders:

Thanks. I did see that info as it turns out but doesn't really explain why the Outlook security pop up message specifically mentions email messages ... is that the only version of that pop up regardless of the info requested?
jdew

Posted Jul 07, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 07, 2009
Posted by keef:
Please don't post off topic questions in threads - this thread is about beta testing the new verison. Also your question has been answered several times elsewhere e.g.http://www.toodledo.com/forums/7/1578/-7110/outlook-sync-requests-contact-data-from-address-book .html

I searched for an answer in the forum and it came up with no responses. Also, that link you posted isn't valid. I posted as a reply to this thread because it was a new post and wanted to make sure you saw it.
jdew

Posted Jul 06, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Beta Testers Wanted
  • jdew
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2009
Posted by keef:
I've made some signficant structural changes to the Outlook client so I think it would be good to beta test it before unleashing it on the general public.

As a beta tester, you will be the first to have access to a client that includes
- Outlook notes synchronization
- Outlook category -> Toodledo Context mapping

If you are interested in being an early adopter then please email me at developer(at)chromadrake.com

keef

I downloaded the newest version of ToodledoSync (99.6) from your website. There is a mention in your notes that it may pop up a security error but when I launch it I get a pop up from Outlook 2003 saying that it needs access to my email addresses. Why does ToodledoSync require access to my email addresses??
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next