ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Gnopps"
Gnopps

Posted Feb 11, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Score: 0
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Feb 11, 2021
  • Score: 0
Thanks @SquidgyFishy for your list, I agree with your sentiment.

Two more alternatives I'd propose:

GTDNext: Very nifty but limited functionality
Skedpal: Great software but expensive
MyLifeOrganized: No web version and complicated pricing

I myself have switched to RTM with Skedpal as a close second.
Gnopps

Posted Jan 02, 2021 in: Toodledo still alive?
Score: 1
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2021
  • Score: 1
I've been evaluating a lot of alternatives. For me being able to use start dates as well Android widgets was among the essential things. In the end I settled for http://www.rememberthemilk.com.

This message was edited Jan 02, 2021.
Gnopps

Posted Apr 03, 2018 in: Current State of 3rd-Party Apps
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Apr 03, 2018
Posted by coolexplorer:
Posted by Gnopps:
I've used Ultimate To-do list for Android for years and like it customisation. Since switching phones (to S7) however it keeps losing the sync every few days, meaning tasks are never downloaded from the cloud. To solve I have to reconnect which I guess would be ok every now and then but the problem is that the app gives me no warning when sync has stopped - I usually notice it by having tasks I know should be there that are missing.

My sync on Android 8 via OnePlus3T mobile is rock solid. Kindly post your complaint on the Ultimate To-do list forum as well, so that the developer can look into it.

Yeah, I did do that last autumn and was ask to either fix my internet connection (4G around Helsinki, so no issues there) or sync manually.

The problem to me is less about the sync and more about the lack of information that sync has stopped.

As said, except for the above it is a great app.
Gnopps

Posted Mar 09, 2018 in: Current State of 3rd-Party Apps
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Mar 09, 2018
I've used Ultimate To-do list for Android for years and like it customisation. Since switching phones (to S7) however it keeps losing the sync every few days, meaning tasks are never downloaded from the cloud. To solve I have to reconnect which I guess would be ok every now and then but the problem is that the app gives me no warning when sync has stopped - I usually notice it by having tasks I know should be there that are missing.
Gnopps

• Gnopps
  • Posted: Nov 27, 2017
I'm also curious to hear about what is happening with Toodledo development. I haven't seen any changelogs since the new tasks layout.
Gnopps

Posted Aug 21, 2017 in: Expand Zapier/IFTTT-data
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Aug 21, 2017
I'd like to see more fields added into the Zapier (or IFTTT) data that these services collects from Toodledo when a task has been completed. Fields such as duration, start date are missing.
Gnopps

Posted Jun 30, 2017 in: Monthly Updates
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2017
Yes, I'd also like to see this. Knowing that a product is alive and that requests are listened to is important to me.
Gnopps

Posted Mar 14, 2017 in: How to handle GTD Projects
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Mar 14, 2017
Hi Bruno,

IMO Toodledo is more of a task management system than GTD-system, however you can still work with the GTD-principle in it. As you say, projects can be done with folders, goals and tags. I however prefer to use sub-tasks for projects (you can try the gold-level for a few days free to try this functionality). You can set status to Next etc. but it always needs to be done manually, i.e. when a Next-task is finished you need to manually set the next appicable action as Next (there are requests in the forum for this to automatic, but it hasn't been implemented yet).

Once you have your system setup use Saved searches for your inbox, todo, etc.
Gnopps

• Gnopps
  • Posted: Jan 23, 2017
The repeat dialouge always closes itself for me the first time I open it. Steps to reproduce:

1. Create a new task using quick add
2. Click on the repeat-box to open window for repeat
3. Click anywhere in the repeat-window
4. Windows closes itself with no selection being made
5. Now when you repeat form step 2 the problem does not occur and you can make changes as normal

This happens to me to all new tasks. I'm using Firefox 50.1.0 on Win10.
Gnopps

• Gnopps
  • Posted: Jan 19, 2017
Posted by Gnopps:
An easy way to implement this would be to add a filter option to hide all but the first subtask shown in each parent task. Then you'd be able to make a search like:

Has subtasks: No

Then in the search results you'd activate the suggested filter and you'd see only the first subtasks and tasks without subtasks.

It wouldn't be a real implementation but an easy (?) quick-win for the developer and it'd help a lot with GTD.

Again this would be a very easy way of implementing semi-automatic Next-actions. What are your thoughts Jake? To me this seems like it could be implemented quickly without much effort on your side.
Gnopps

• Gnopps
  • Posted: Jul 18, 2016
An easy way to implement this would be to add a filter option to hide all but the first subtask shown in each parent task. Then you'd be able to make a search like:

Has subtasks: No

Then in the search results you'd activate the suggested filter and you'd see only the first subtasks and tasks without subtasks.

It wouldn't be a real implementation but an easy (?) quick-win for the developer and it'd help a lot with GTD.
Gnopps

• Gnopps
  • Posted: Jun 06, 2016
I've got a task with the subtasks
A
B

that are sorted in that order. The subtasks have exactly the same values in terms of prio, due date, etc. The only difference being that task title and that B was created before A was.

I've got a custom search where these subtasks show up. The search is set to sort by Importance, Due date and Priority.

In the search results the tasks appear as
B
A

I guess they are sorted like that because of the creation date. Wouldn't it be better if sorted subtasks kept that order outside the parent task, when all other values are equal? So that the subtasks would appear as
A
B

when there is no other sorting rule affecting them?
Gnopps

• Gnopps
  • Posted: May 27, 2016
Another vote for a possibility to have links open in new window by default. I've got the same problem where my urls are stored in the task note and I keep forgetting to ctrl-click.
Gnopps

Posted Apr 25, 2016 in: Task age graph not updating
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Apr 25, 2016
How often is the Task age graph updated?

Even though I've added tasks the graph still displays the same values an hour later

Also, does this graph include only active tasks or also completed tasks?

Cheers
Gnopps

Score: 2
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Apr 24, 2016
  • Score: 2
This indeed isn't a complete implementation of task-dependencies but a compromise that makes Toodledo take a great step forward for GTD-users.

GTDnext.com has this implemented really well and I like how it is done there:

Subtasks are always completed in order (i.e. assigned Next-status) automatically.

If next task on the list is Waiting then then no task is assigned Next.

If you want to work on several tasks simultaneously then you can manually assign tasks Next-status. However, only when completing the topmost Next-action does the next on list get Next automatically.

All of this of course would be added on top of Toodledo's other features. So that a task can't get Next assigned automatically before its start date for example (i.e. same as when reaching a Waiting-task).
Gnopps

Score: 5
  • Gnopps
  • Posted: Apr 22, 2016
  • Score: 5
I think task dependencies can be implemented pretty easily in a way that works for both advanced and other users:

Have an option for sub-tasks to complete in order! I.e. a subtask is assigned Next for example, then when it is ticked the next on the list is given that status.