ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by David G"
David G

Score: 0
  • David G
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2012
  • Score: 0
I am not using Folders or Subtasks. I was hoping to use Folders for projects, but couldn't get the sync to work the way I wanted to. So for now I'm just mapping the 'Action' field in Outlook (the user-defined field created by the Netcentrics add-in) to the 'Context' Toodledo field.
David G

Posted Oct 17, 2012 in: Outlook and gsyncit Toodledo mapping
  • David G
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2012
It doesn't appear that you can it. Looking at the Toodledo setup, 'Subtask' isn't a field. I looks like the field is really 'Parent', and it's value is the Task ID of the task it falls under.

I've spent hours trying out various ways of mapping things. In the end, I just kept it simple. I am just mapping 'Action' (the field in Outlook that the Netcentrics add-in created) to 'Context' on the Toodledo side. This way all the tasks sync in the appropriate Context on Toodledo. Projects and Someday each appear as a Context in Toodledo as well.

I'll probably play around with mapping different things again in the future. But the current setup is at least working for me.
David G

• David G
  • Posted: Jul 27, 2012
I'm also using Outlook with the GTD add-on from NetCentrics on my desktop and laptop, gSyncit to sync Outlook tasks to Toodledo, and use the Toodledo app on my iPhone and iPad. Right now I have gSyncit on one computer, but I usually leave it on so that isn't a big deal for now.

The only drawback is I can't process everything (at least in an automated fashion that the NetCentrics add-on does) unless I'm at home (on my desktop computer) or using my laptop. I could move the email to the @Action folder and create the task, say in Outlook Web Access, but the custom fields the NetCentrics add-on uses would be missing on certain items. I guess I could simply set up VPN access to my home and RDP to to the desktop....
David G

Posted Jun 30, 2009 in: Outlook Sync - Contexts
  • David G
  • Posted: Jun 30, 2009
Another vote here for the capability.