ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by marklewis56_2"
marklewis56_2

Score: 0
Hello. Well the only apps syncing are Toodledo for ios and android.
marklewis56_2

Hello

I seem to have an anomaly in the report of number of tasks.
This month I have one day with 160 tasks modified.

Please see

http://www.evernote.com/l/ADVLPpoXs05EQ6jLkPhz_Hu5-SrXPer1SYo/

Thanks
marklewis56_2

Posted Sep 28, 2016 in: Grouped under waiting for
When I sort by folder in android version, a wide number of tasks are grouped together under 'waiting for' rather than by their folder.

Why is this? Thanks
marklewis56_2

Posted Sep 26, 2016 in: Display time left in EndTime2
Hello

in EndTime2 chrome extension for Toodledo

Is there a way of displaying time left ... being the difference between length (initially expected time) and timer (current time taken)? +Toodledo

Thanks
marklewis56_2

Posted Jul 28, 2016 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
I take it all back (or nearly all): I found out that you can change lists column widths:

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/20823/0/how-to-make-list-columns-wider.html

What a relief ! I think I'll be staying then ...

This message was edited Jul 28, 2016.
marklewis56_2

Posted Jul 28, 2016 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Now here's an interesting and reassuring post since I am wavering between Toodledo and Todoist. I started playing around with Todoist but I feel like I'm missing fields: notably status. The feeling of clicking a task as a next action is an important psychological act. I just can't do that with Todoist. Labels just don't feel enough. And importance was a very important concept to me in Toodledo because I feel like I was being helped to choose which task to do and I felt like I was becoming much more productive. Todist scares me because I feel like I'm on my own, I have to set the priority and I can't seem to sort things the way I want.

However there are things in Toodledo I just don't understand and are driving me away: I added columns to lists but then they become completely unreadable because I can't edit the column widths. That's about the only thing I find wrong with it.

Todoist seems too pretty, although I like the interface. It feels too much like fun and doesn't (like Toodledo) force me into decisions about what I'm going to do. For instance, the context field. I found that I had to distinguish between tag and context, tag becoming the subject related to the task but context being more or less the location in which I had to do it. Not the same and made me think of the resources I need and thus got me thinking about the task in a way which helped me to feel that I could do it, rather than being overwhelmed.

I wish Toodledo was prettier though and that (despite everything) you could manually order items by pulling them up and down. It's a difficult choice and I am reassured that people prefer Toodledo. It seems much closer to GTD and its GTD in the end which gets you to Get Things Done. Simple things like next action, as a concept. Simple next tasks. But I keep getting drawn into thinking beyond the next action and while it reassures me to be thinking cleverly in a planning way it takes away from the current task and somehow Toodledo helped me to focus on that.

The downside is that I do want to be planning projects (in my head). Todoist feels like a project planner, not a next action tool.

Thanks

This message was edited Jul 28, 2016.
marklewis56_2

Posted Jul 26, 2016 in: Resize list columns
Is it possible to resize the columns on lists?
Or have a note list on two or more lines?

Thanks