Search results for "Posted by imonsei"
imonsei

Score: 0
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Dec 16, 2010
  • Score: 0
I'm looking at
http://api.toodledo.com/2/tasks/index.php

Now if I try to add a task that has a parent, that already has a parent. (I'm trying to add a subtask to a subtask)
Does this generate an error?
Does this get accepted verbatim? and if so how does the homepage display it?

I don't see an errorcode described for it, so my logic tells me it's OK.
Please tell me it's OK, cause I friggin' love recursive subtasks :D
imonsei

• imonsei
  • Posted: Mar 15, 2010
Hey.

Now when you add a subtask to a task with a repeat pattern, the subtask does not get "repeat with parent set".

I would suggest this being set as the default, when you add a subtask or drag a task onto the parent task, and the task doesnt have a repeat pattern set, BUT I can't think of scenarios where it would be a bad thing.

That tells me that I havent thought it through well enough;
Can you guys tell me when you would not have subtasks of a task repeat with a parent task?

Preferably in your real world experience with todos and not just made up scenarios.

This message was edited Mar 15, 2010.
imonsei

• imonsei
  • Posted: Feb 24, 2010
I use the status of "Planning" to denote a project.
Both start with P so it's easy enough to remember.
and usually i have planning success notes in the projects notes, so it still has the original meaning preserved.

then i put subtasks on that planning project, altho i strive only to have 1 or two, where the 1 has "next action" or "waiting"/"delegated" when i either wait for a certain condition, or am waiting for feedback from a person. (and due date to remind me to prod them if it has been too long)
imonsei

Posted Feb 19, 2010 in: To show or not to show
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Feb 19, 2010
Ooh. this also gets my vote.
I was looking to describe the exact same thing. (well my idea wasn't so well thought out)

PS.
Yes Jake, we do love you, so please do it in your own time.
We don't like our overlord being stressed so he codes bad or misses opportunities he could have had if he had been calm and relaxed :>
imonsei

Posted Jan 22, 2010 in: Firefox 3.6
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Jan 22, 2010
toodledo firefox add-on has been updated \o/
imonsei

• imonsei
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2009
great. just as I'd hoped it worked :)
imonsei

• imonsei
  • Posted: Dec 06, 2009
okay. thank you for the swift reply :)
imonsei

• imonsei
  • Posted: Dec 02, 2009
so.. did it work?

as i see on the web interface you cannot set it to repeat from start date.
I would love this option because setting a due date makes it show up on the calendar (which is for things that hurts if you dont complete them) and I don't neccesarily want "vaccum my room" to be on the calendar but i would like to repeat it weekly from a specific date.
imonsei

Posted Dec 02, 2009 in: easily add todo items via firefox
  • imonsei
@keviv321
you need to right click on the search field and chose "add keyword"
when the bookmark field comes up remember to write something in the "keyword" field.
imonsei

• imonsei
So I have made this saved search which searches for items marked as Planning which has no Next Action as a subtask.
I use this for my weekly review, to find projects that are missing actions.

Unfortunately I don't think I can make a search for Planning status things that has no Next Action as subtask OR the is a Next Action as subtask but the subtask is marked as completed.

Do any of you have a suggestion of how I can get around this? Or an alternate way of doing it, so it would fit the bill would be highly appreciated.

PS.
i use the Planning status to indicate they are a Project, since i input and complete projects on the fly so often it would be cumbersome to make a folder for each.
imonsei

Posted Nov 13, 2009 in: Server problems???
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Nov 13, 2009
No problems for me either
imonsei

Posted Nov 04, 2009 in: Reorder subtasks
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Nov 04, 2009
@Proximo
the thing is with todo software, is that everyone uses it differently, so it's close to impossible to make an easy to use interface that caters to all people.

That's why we need hacks.
Actually it's also why i like hacks, cause it enables us to get the functionality we want, without waiting 6-12 months for the feature to be made officially, bug tested, and ready for consumers, if there's enough a demand for it, to start with.
imonsei

• imonsei
  • Posted: Oct 26, 2009
for people finding this topic.
the issue has been fixed.
nothing to see here - move along ;)
imonsei

Posted Oct 26, 2009 in: Reorder subtasks
  • imonsei
you stopped using toodledo for something you could quickly make a little hack for until they had it implemented?
(set tag to a number according to it's order and sort by tag as secondary sort)
for shaaaame :D
imonsei

Posted Oct 26, 2009 in: easily add todo items via firefox
Score: 5
  • imonsei
  • Score: 5
in your normal view of your todos press "n" for new item.
when that is open, you right click on the task line and choose "add keyword for this search".
you then give the bookmark a sane keyword. I like "gtd" as keyword since you can type that easily with left hand only on a qwerty keyboard.
save the bookmark someplace and you are good to go.
now if you type in "gtd " plus any note name in firefox's address bar you instantly add the note to your toodledo list.

it has no other info set tho, but i like that because i use it for quick notetaking, so i dont get distracted while i work and still have a feeling of having captured the todo.
at your next process, you just go to the items with no folder, and they are all there for you to process and decide if they are project or next actions etc. :)
imonsei

Posted Oct 16, 2009 in: Extend trial
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2009
the money is well spent i assure you
imonsei

Posted Oct 16, 2009 in: column sets for quick switching
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Oct 16, 2009
oh. sorry if i made a duplicate request.
couldnt find anything matching when i searched the forums. weak search skills

This message was edited Oct 16, 2009.
imonsei

Posted Oct 15, 2009 in: My top 5 toodle-do please-haves
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2009
is it just me or has the custom sortings already been implemented?
when i switch from view by folder to view by context it sorts differently and remembers my sort.
and i love it <3
thanks toodledo staff :)
imonsei

Posted Oct 15, 2009 in: column sets for quick switching
Score: 1
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Oct 15, 2009
  • Score: 1
is it possible to make sets of columns you want to view?

for instance when im in "do" mode i don't want to view the "repeat" column and when i'm in the "process" mode i do want to see it.
people could have different sets of columns they want to see when they are doing particular things. doing weekly review, organizing stuff etc :)

is there a hackkety way to do this currently?

PS. i have submitted it as a feature request
imonsei

Posted Sep 24, 2009 in: Initial Capturing
  • imonsei
  • Posted: Sep 24, 2009
I use Launchy for gtd capturing
Found a vbs script for adding to remember the milk and converted it for use with RTM.
i stashed it here if you wanna use it.
http://no-u.dk/files/toodledo.vbs
when you add it in launchy, go to options->plugins->runner and add the script path+filename and in arguments type "$$" "$$" and in the name i use gtd, but you can use any name. the reason i use gtd is it's writable with left hand while my right hand is still on the mouse.
then type gtd, press the tab key, write the name of the item, and if you want press tab key again, and write the notes for that item.
like: <alt-space> (brings up launchy; gtd <tab> remember to call doctor <tab> order meds for pollen allergy <enter>
then it's mailed to my toodledo account.
on my toodledo account i have a search set up for "no action" and there i have all the notes i just put in, so i can assign next actions and projects.

this enables me to just have a stray thought and have it captured in a matter of seconds.
when im out and about i have a itty bitty pen and a small notepad that fits in my back pocket to write down on. when i get home i fire up the comp and write them in.

hope this helps you.

PS: I'm very sorry, but i forgot who made the initial script so I can't give props.

PPS: I know it's not directly answering your post, but I feel it's important to note stuff down as soon as you think them to free up your mind.

This message was edited Sep 24, 2009.
Skip to Page:  1   2      Next