ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Alain Nana-Sinkam"
Alain Nana-Sinkam

Score: 0
My .02 is that, as we move toward more location-aware technology, the value of multiple contexts (at least in a sense) becomes valuable.

Take a previous poster's example of the post office. I need to buy stamps the next time I am at the post office. If I could create a context that can be associated with multiple physical locations, then I could solve this problem. Anytime I was near a Post Office, I could see that task.

The assumption (perhaps improper) that advocating for single contexts makes is that we are always aware of ALL of our available contexts, which isn't always the case.

Omnifocus attempts to do this in their iPhone app, though the implementation uses a term search (like "grocery store"). It works for the most part, but sometimes gives you contexts that aren't actually correct.

One of the benefits of walking around all day with a location-aware device in your pocket should be to have that device be intelligent enough to know when you are close to a place where you can do something you've captured as having to be done. "Hey Alain, you said you need to buy stamps. Well, there's a post office a block from here. If you have a moment, we could knock that off the list."

The closest solution right now is Pocket Informant, but you canot associate mutliple locations with a single context.