Search results for "Posted by Ell J"
Ell J

Posted Oct 31, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
  • Ell J
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2018
  • Score: 0
Posted by Ummagumma:
I don’t have O365, just the plain old Office 2016. I did not know that you could add alarms to Excel spreadsheet cells in 365. Unless you are talking about Microsoft’s own task manager, which is a tad problematic.

You do not add alarms to a Excel - why would someone want to do that? You add them to MS Outlook, OneNote, Teams, Planner and a number of other programs including Task manger. What is problematic about MS task manager? I can assign tasks (to myself or others) and have alarms in task manager but I choose to use Planner instead because it is easier to use for larger items - where I am working with a team or using Kanban for work assignments.

Here is something you may want to consider reading; while not complete it is a good beginning to understanding task manager.
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/use-outlook-simple-task-project-management/

My big point with Toodledo is that it does not natively sync with any other program - so it is standalone. I need a program that allows me to use links, add documents, and share those with just about anyone - I can do that with O365 but not with Toodledo unless I get them a paid license.
Ell J

Posted Oct 31, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • Ell J
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2018
  • Score: 1
I wish you luck moving forward..[/quote]

What you have in a dedicated task service vs Office 365 is mobile integration. Especially alarms, Apple Watch integration, task recurrence.

If you don't need alarms and recurrence, and especially if you only track tasks from your laptop/desktop, an Excel file is actually superior in many ways.[/quote]

Humm, I am not sure you know much about O365. I do get mobile integration, task recurrence, and alarms. I also can add links, emails, and documents to my task from my mobile app. I just did that yesterday. I also get the ability to assign tasks to other people or for people to assign me tasks plus with files and links. I do not use or have a Apple Watch so do not know if there is something other in that device.

Your comment IMO proved my point that there is little or no advantage for people who use Office 365, G-Suite, or Yoho Suite to get Toodledo.

This message was edited Oct 31, 2018.
Ell J

Posted Oct 24, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 1
  • Ell J
  • Posted: Oct 24, 2018
  • Score: 1
I was a big fan of Toodledo for almost a decade daily and used it every day until about 4 years ago. Each month, over the last four years I have used it less and less. While I still pay for it (Silver Plan), my yearly subscription expires in 38 days; I have not used it in two years. No new items added.

My question for you is what will it have that is not in Office 365?

Given the abilities and apps in Office 365, I do not see the need and after looking at the roadmap, I see nothing that helps me.

Toodledo’s lack of direct interactions with voice assistances (Alex), email systems (Gmail or Outlook) phone notifications, no linking to files in the cloud (Dropbox, OneDrive, and G-Drive) and other than IFTTT, integrations are just poor. Given the new pricing, I can get everything in Toodledo with a subscription to Office 365. If I am missing, something please let me know?

What is happening to Toodledo is happening to number very good apps. Office 365 and Google development process is giving people lots of stuff for a low price point. I stopped using Evernote even earlier.

I run an IT department and can get everyone Office 365 for about $150 per seat, why would I want a group to add another $90 per seat. Why would I want to spend $60 per year, just for me, when I can spend $100 per year and cover my whole family?

What will it have that is not in Office 365? Your competition is not AnyDo, Todoist, Remember the Milk, SimpleNote, Monday, or even Slant but G-Suite, Office 365, and Zoho Suite.

I wish you luck moving forward..