ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by axelheiser"
axelheiser

Score: 5
Just finished moving 800+ tasks to Todoist and happily paid for their Premium features. Turning Toodledoo's csv into a text string (with a little help from Excel) allowed to import up to 50 tasks at a time. No big deal.
After having a Toodledo subscription and heavily using it for 8 years I'll be missing it. My favorite features - and I will miss them - were start dates and the ability to sort by 3 parameters.
I actually like paying a fair price for good software but I am against paying for a version to come; that is like paying a premium price for a mediocre car so that the next generation of buyers can buy a fancy car.
So, it has become a matter of principle - and fear of what might happen to my data under the current management.
Goodbye Toodledo.
axelheiser

Posted Jul 17, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 0
There is a new app called 'Zenkit' that has some pretty cool (and ambitious) features, including viewing entries as spreadsheet, list, kanban, calendar, and mindmap, customisable fields, reference fields, saved searches (far from being as good as Toodledo's) ...
It has some bugs and issues that keep me from using it but if they sort them out it could be quite powerful.
May be a good place to look for inspiration for the Toodledo Team :)

This message was edited Jul 17, 2018.
axelheiser

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Thank you Jake for providing the tool that kept me organised for the past nine years!
axelheiser

Posted Jul 21, 2016 in: Add to Toodledo - Chrome Web Store
Well done! Another piece of my work flow made smoother. Thank you very much.
axelheiser

For all of you wanting check boxes in the notes field of your tasks:
Use Unicode to do so. I am using ☐ to do, ☑ done and ☒ postponed/holding.
I am also using PhraseExpress and have keyboard shortcuts for these boxes ☐ Ctrl-Win-B, ☑ Ctrl-Shift-Win-B and ☒ Ctrl-Shift-Win-B.

(A former version of the post mistakenly called the symbols ASCII characters. Thanks to Adrien Beau for picking that up.)

This message was edited Dec 21, 2015.
axelheiser

Posted Nov 26, 2015 in: Todoist vs Toodledo -- Why I'm back.
Score: 2
Hi there,
I am using Toodledo as my trusted project and task management system since 2009 with a few - mostly short - excursions to other solutions. I never quite understood the complaints about the UI since I actually like the grid-view very much. However, I like the recent updates and think they match my workflow and add functionality.
My excursions were mostly short and caused by a desire to find a solution that was working a bit better with the principles of GTD. Eventually I realized that instead of trying the app thta best fits my work flow is to slightly adjust my workflow to the app that is by far the most customizable on the market - Toodledo. I have now abandoned strict GTD and have setup Toodledo in a simple way, just using context, folders, start and due dates, and task length, to handle my ~750 tasks in several projects and "areas of responsibility" - both at work (as a scientist) and at home.
My longest absence from Toodledo started about a year ago when I switched to Todoist. I was attracted by the Karma feature and the graphical simplicity but was rather quickly put off by recurring problems with syncing (mostly task due dates not syncing correctly). I also realized that I am not interested in gamifying (Karma) my system. I only kept using Todoist because I didn't like the effort needed to export my tasks - which by the way is another feature I appreciate in Toodledo: export into xml and csv. Never needed it to restore data (Toodledo never lost nay of my data) but have used it a few times for bulk edits - which just became a lot easier with Toodledo.
I like the email integration and heavily depend on integration with Evernote (via Taskclone).
If I had the three wishes they would be (in this order):
1. Two way sync with Evernote (i.e. checkboxed lines in Evernote showing up as tasks in Toodledo and being checked in Evernote when checked in Toodledo).
2. Have link to the original email when emailing into Toodledo - both for gMail (hyperlink?) and Outlook (link or msg file?).
3. Improved calendar. I don't need Goggle (or other) calendar integration but would rather like slightly more powerful Toodledo calendar - which i am using regularly to plan my week.
I am well aware that these are quite ambitious wishes and don't want them understood as a shortcoming of Toodledo. I think it is an amazing, powerful and affordable task AND project management tool (I have tried more complete project management solutions including Wrike and MS Project) and found them too complex for my work flow.
A big thanks to the developers for having made my life easier for so many years!
Cheers,
Axel

PS: I am using Ultimate To Do List as my Android app on phone and tablet and find it superior to the Toodledo app. It's major advantage for me is the ability to use custom searches in the app as well as the widgets.
axelheiser

Posted Sep 25, 2015 in: Slow loading times
Hi Jake,
thank you very much for your reply.
The problem occurred in several browsers on several machines
but has disappeared now.
I have to assume it was caused by slow and/or intermittent internet connection as we unfortunately sometimes experience in New Zealand.
Now I am back to fully enjoying Toodledo of which I am a long-term and enthusiastic user.
Thanks for a great product.
Cheers,
Axel
axelheiser

Posted Sep 19, 2015 in: Slow loading times
Hi there. I am observing the same or at least something similar. The initial opening of the Toodledo page takes much longer than in the past. Sometimes it takes a minute until the page is fully loaded and before I can interact with it. No big deal for me but something that I did not see before.
Cheers, Axel
axelheiser

Score: 1
I have been using UTD and Toodledo on multiple Android devices and always thought UTD was the best Android App for Toodledo.
But what you have done now takes it all to an entirely new level! I just spent an hour recreating my views and widgets and am absolutely thrilled by this new app. Great 2 and 3 panel views perfect for my Nexus 7 and a widget that allows to complete tasks.
Great job!
How about an Windows Desktop version now? ;-)
Thank you,
Axel

This message was edited Dec 11, 2014.