ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by franz.steies"
franz.steies

Score: 1
I have already changed 2 years ago towards the app 2Do and use my Toodledo subscription only for syncing purposes, as the 2Do app syncs perfectly with toodledo and I can also access my tasks through the web interface of Toodledo
The 2 reasons that I kept my Toodledo subscription are
- the hope that there would be a further development of the iOS app
- the web access to my tasks, this option is unfortunately not possible with the app ‘2Do’
Maybe the new owners will finally do what the old owners promised us since years. If not, I will cancel definitively my toodledo subscription. The app 2Do is doing a very nice job and can also synchronize my devices without toodledo.
franz.steies

Posted Feb 23, 2021 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Score: 0
Same problem for me. Very disappointing what is happening with Toodledo, it was really a very good solution!!! Seems as if it would go down :(
Meanwhile I use the app 2Do which sychronizes with Toodledo tasks. I still keep my Toodledo subscription, hoping they will resolve their problems. But my hope gets smaller from day to day...
franz.steies

Posted Jul 07, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 1
I am working with task managment software from the very 1st moment of their existence. For years, I made frustrating experiences, until I found my solution in Todo Matrix, for me the best task managment I ever saw, and I tested a lot oft them. For many years, TodoMatrix helped me to organize my tasks but unfortunately, it was a small group of developers and they stopped their service 3 years ago. I tested a lot of other solutions and the nearest I found, comparing to TodoMatrix was Toodledo. Not still as convenient as TodoMatrix but it did the job.
So I am a little bit worried what will happen now to Toodledo in the future. I hope they will stay up to what is WORKING
As professional in computers, I have seen a lot of companys coming and going, often the best ones went went down, as TodoMatrix did, essentially because of false decisions taken, often marketing-decisions. I have learnt one very important thing in Computers during my 30-year experience in computer-business:
Don’t touch a running System.
Saying this, I don’t mean that there are no changes to do. Yes, there are necessary changes, sureley one of the most important the update of the iOS app that is really really bad in design and handling. A really new written app is more than necessary. Imagine that most of users are mobile users. Maybe you will not see this in the statistics of usage of Toodeldo. For example for myself I use nearly exclusively the web acces because the iOS app is so bad. Before with TodoMatrix, I used at 90% my mobile devices! If tomorrow I find another Todo-App with the same features and a nice working iOS app, I will change immediately. This is not only a critic but also a compliment for Toodledo, because there is not yet a really equivalent solution on the market. But mybe there will be one in the future.
By all the work that has to be done, don’t forget your existing customers. An interface should be functional and easy to handle. Yes, you may add colors but if so, please make them customizable. Not everybody likes white fonts on black background with red titles. I have made this experience with many software in the past, they change the interface without giving the user a possibility to chose himself the colors, background ... And they are not realizing that the customer may look for an alternative software for this reason. A task-managment software is not a tool that is used occasionally and where such elements as design are secondary. Task-Managment is an everday-day-companion and it should be pleasant and easy to use!
Maybe more young people will use Toodledo with a colorful interface, but are they the (non-paying) customers you want to focus?
Every business must generate profit, Toodle-Do is definitively a professional business-tool, so if ou focus on this customer-segment, you can do a really great job, making toodledo the best tool avalaible.
So I hope you will focus on profit and keep Toodledo alive as it is and make it even better