ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by Masonfoley"
Masonfoley

Score: 0
I am having this issue as well. Even the Post Reply button in the forums is not working in Chrome. :P
Masonfoley

Posted Aug 17, 2010 in: Can't Add a Task in Chrome
I'm having this issue as well. Clicking on Add task does nothing. Clearing out the cache doesn't always work. It's an intermittant issue which make it all the more frustrating. I'll use the iPad app in the interim.

Cheers,
Mason
Masonfoley

I've posted before that I think the reminder mechanism is a bit awkward and I understand this area of the system will be reviewed for possible improvements in the future.

Might I suggest the ability to add a task due time where a user simply inputs a shorthand value like "+3H" which would be interpreted as "3 hours from the current time" and automatically populate the due time data with this calculation?

For example, it is now 12:00 noon, I have a phone call I promised to make in 2 hours. So I add a task by simply entering +2H. That means, today, at 2 O'clock.

Furthermore, I would request a default "lead reminder" time increment rather than to have to manually set the reminder time. So in the above scenario, I would get a reminder, today at 1:50 PM if I were to choose in my configuration "10 minutes" lead time.

Other scenarios would cover other increments like so:

+1w = 1 week from current time
+3d = 3 days from current time
+2m = 2 months from current time (i.e. a doctor's appt).
+1y = 1 year from current time.

Note that I say "current time" instead of "current date". I would assume "current date" would be 12 midnight of the target date in question. Perhaps this could be configurable too. In other words, would I want the time value increment to calculate from the current timestamp or would I want it to calculate from midnight of the current date to midgnight of the target date? +3d from today's date (09/15/2009) could either be 09/18/2009 @ midnight (from current date) or it could be 09/18/2009 @ 1:06 PM (from current time).

Again, it would be nice if there was an option to automatically have reminders default to a value. This leads to more efficient data entry in my opinion and doesn't require me to take that little awkward step of calculating when I want the reminder to go off.
Masonfoley

Score: 1
Pro subscriber here. Love the service and love the fact that I can get at my tasks no matter which computer I'm at. This is a well designed system and the dev folks are to be commended for it.

But (there's always a 'but' isn't there?), I really don't understand the implementation of the reminders.

For example, If I need to make a call at 5PM, I have to set the due time to 5:15 and remind myself 15 minutes prior because for me, I really don't need any "lead time". Just stop what I'm doing and make the call. I think that is a valid use case scenario and would argue this happens more often than the implementation of reminders in ToodleDo suggests. This "extra calculation" I consider to be awkward. Why wouldn't I be able to set a reminder at the same time that the task is due? That program on TV you want to watch is starting at 8:00. Again, I would need to set the due time to 8:15 with a 15 minute lead reminder to remind me at 8:00.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Further digging on this issue in these forums it appears this has been discussed quite a bit. I would like to add to the list of people who would like a stand-alone reminder. I did see a post from spring of 2008 that indicated there were to be major changes to reminders. Is what I'm seeing now in the app the implementation hinted at here? (See comment from ToodleDo: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2639/-13784/stand-alone-reminders.html)

I think a big impact fix could be to have 0, 5 and 10 minutes for "lead time" reminders would be nice.

Keep up the great work.

Cheers,
MWF
Masonfoley

Posted Aug 18, 2009 in: Outlook Sync Tool and Due Time
Score: 1
I'm seeing the issues described by sventhebrit. Are there any updates to this issue? I'm using 0.9.9.6 installed to Outlook 2007 within Windows Vista Business (64bit).

Essentially, any tasks originated from within Outlook do not have the reminder time set. Only when the task is created from ToodleDo's web UI, am I able to get a reminder time set for the task.
Masonfoley

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Quck Add feature (and Quick Search)
I'm aware of the keyboard shortcuts. Was hoping that there would be some direct support of it in the UI for us anti-keyboard-shortcut folks. ;)

I'll work with the shortcuts for a while and see if I can't get a good feel for it.
Masonfoley

Posted Jul 30, 2009 in: Quck Add feature (and Quick Search)
I've searched on Quick Add in the forums and while I see a couple of people express a desire for it, I'm having trouble locating confirmation of the feature request and if there are plans to implement it.

Quick Add is something I very much would like to see in a task management system. I find it awkward that the "Add Task" button is in the upper right hand corner of the page. It should be one of those "front and center" entry points to functionality in my opinion. This is a task management system and I would think the UI would have just a little more focus on that.

Are there plans to implement quick add?

Is there a way to keep the "Quick Search" toggled such that any time a user lands on the page, the Quick Search edit field is available and ready for input? Having to click on the search feels like an unnecessary step. Especially since it's called "quick". ;)