ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by CPT"
CPT

Score: 1
  • CPT
  • Posted: Sep 21, 2015
  • Score: 1
Hi,

Since the recent update, tags are now ordered by most frequently used order in the Tag view. Is it possible to fall back to the previous behaviour ?
I have an important number of tags, and when searching for one in particular, the alphabetical order is unavoidable. Thanks. Christian.
CPT

Posted Apr 17, 2010 in: Toodledo for iPhone/iPad 1.6.2
Score: 0
  • CPT
  • Posted: Apr 17, 2010
  • Score: 0
Two features that would make Toodledo even better on iphone :

1) It would be very nice to have a vertical alphabet navigation bar (like in the iphone contact app)to navigate through the tags view. I have more than 100 tags, and it is very slow to browse through such a long list to find the tag I want.

2) the Tag list seems to be constructed based on a "contains" criteria. Which means that when I display the tasks having the "K" tag, the list also shows the "KHA" or "KFC" tasks, making the feature less usefull since I can not trust the result. It seems more logical to me that the list be constructed on a "exact, maybe also ignore case" criteria where "k" & "K" tags would display the same, but "kha" would not display along with "k".

Thanks in advance.
CPT

• CPT
  • Posted: Nov 28, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
Smart tag picker allows you to pick existing tags from a list. No more typing them out by hand.

I see from the comments that this new feature has a lot of positive feedback, and I am glad it raised so much interest. That being said, in my personal case, it made the iPhone APP a lot more cumbersome to use:

My system relies a lot on tags (~100 tags for 450 tasks), and when I want to input the tags associated to a task, it will now take at least 5 seconds before I reach the window with the tags. Once on this window, since I have a lot of tags, it is very cumbersome to find the adequate tags, because a lot of scrolling is required. What I do is that I switch to manually entering the tags (most of my tags are the initials of the individuals involved with the task, so 3 lettres long). So, it now takes me one more screen and at least 5 more seconds to enter tags for my tasks.

I know my case is maybe one of a kind, though I wanted to share 2 ideas to improve this feature:

* create a preference to make this tag calculation optional and allow to directly manually enter the tags like before this update.

* On the tag window, create a "quick search bar" (like in the standard contact App for example to allo to quickly locate the tags if the list is long.

Maybe I'm not the only one to encounter these troubles ?

I Hope my suggestions can help you improve the iPhone App which is a great product and now almost became an integral part of my lifestyle.
CPT

• CPT
  • Posted: Aug 07, 2009
Yes, you're right it works only with integers. Let me know for the & bug. In the meantime, I'll work around.
CPT

• CPT
  • Posted: Aug 05, 2009
#1, In fact, the formating of the forum does not show what I really wrote. In the xml code, I use the XML entity shortcut for & (ie "& amp ;"). That makes it a well formed XML document. And the problem I have is with this well formed XML. Import does truncate all the text in the tile after the & amp ; entity.

#2 Can you also use strings as ids ? The XSLT Function I use (generate-id(..)) does generate ids like

idTaskNode_2_39
<parent>idTaskNode_2_9</parent>

Is this supposed to work as well ?
CPT

• CPT
  • Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Hi, I use MLO (My Life Organized) and I am considering moving to Toodledo. Since I have more than 250 Tasks and around 60 projects, I developped some XSL transformation that tranforms my MLO XML export to the Toodledoo import/export format, and it works... almost.

I still have following issues for my tasks to be well migrated from MLO to toodledo:

1) tasks names including a & (ampersand) are truncated during import. For example :

<title>R&D this does not work </title>
<context>Someday/Maybe</context>

gets imported as a "R" task (everything following the & gets truncated during the import).
As a a result I have ~60 R tasks (all my R&D stuff in fact)

2) I can't figure how to import a subtask/task hierarchy.

I figured out it should work with a construct like this

<parent>25765393</parent>
<title>a subtask</title>

But I believe it does only work if the ids were generated by toodledo. Which means I am stuck since I want to perform a migration of tasks that do not already have their toodledo Id.

Can someone give me a hint of whether creating a task/subtask hierarchy is possible from a toodledo "from scratch" xml import ?

Hope this makes senss to anybody..