ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by RichTheFly"
RichTheFly

Posted Aug 09, 2018 in: Tags Disappearing
Score: 0
Thanks Martin, appreciate the reply.

It's an utterly mental design isn't it?

Toodledo has a lot going for it, but the silly and niggly little quirks like this are hugely frustrating and often lead me to look elsewhere. The problem is, Toodledo has the most features and flexibility even if the overall product isn't as polished as Todoist et al.

All the best,
Rich
RichTheFly

Posted Aug 09, 2018 in: Tags Disappearing
Hi all,

Can someone confirm to me if I am correct in saying that a tag will disappear from the tags list once any tasks it is associated with are completed?

It seems to be the case but surely there is a straight-forward way of keeping tags alive for future use?

Thanks,
Rich
RichTheFly

Posted Jul 03, 2018 in: How to handle projects
Score: 2
Thanks all for the input to this thread - I've found it hugely interesting and helpful.

I'm going to try a hierarchy of

Folders = Projects
Tasks = Outcomes
Sub-tasks = Actions

Start Dates = Do Date
Due Dates = Due Date

Toodledo has many great features but there is something I just can't put my finger on as to why it isn't considered the very best product in its class. For example, Todoist doesn't have anywhere near the features of Toodledo yet aesthetically it is far superior. One big plus for Toodledo are the integrations with things like IFTTT, Zapier and best of all, Integromat - such integrations allow a workaround in some areas in which Toodledo is lacking.

All the best,
Rich
RichTheFly

Posted Jun 10, 2018 in: How to handle projects
Score: 1
Hi all,

I know that this is an age old problem/question, but I'm struggling with how to handle jobs that are made up of a few tasks/sub-tasks and I'm welcome any thoughts or input. I'm starting to use Toodledo for getting myself organised in a personal sense and am not using it for commercial or job-related tasks.

For the purposes lets say I have a particular need to achieve the outcome of buying a new car. The purchase of the car isn't task but is the outcome I need to achieve. One way I have considered managing this is creating a goal for each individual outcome which would be great for tracking purposes as I could show the goal as one of the 3 items below a task's name - however, I've discounted that as I would end up with a huge list of goals and I would have to go into the goals list each time to delete that goal each time I achieve the objective. Also, there is no way of attributing an end or complete by date to a goal (which in many cases is important to me for management purposes). Another way is to create a parent task for each outcome and using the context of 'outcome', however the desired outcome isn't a task per se and doesn't feel the right way to go about this. In addition, this makes my to do list even more populated with tasks that aren't tasks. Finally, by using this as a bucket for associated tasks, I lose one level of sub-tasks which may be restrictive for more complicated projects.

I'd really like to know how others deal with this as it's been really bugging me for a while and I'd love to settle on something ASAP!

Best Regards,
Rich
RichTheFly

Posted Jun 05, 2018 in: Repeat task without start date/time
Hi there,

Doesn anyone know if it is possible to repeat a task without the start time/date of the previous occurence?

I use start dates/times as 'do' dates/times and due dates/times as 'due' dates/times. When I repeat a task, the time I 'do' that task will vary and having the previous start details doesn't work for me.

The other option I have is to have something like Integromat or Zapier to do some of the repeating and/or tidying up of repeated tasks but if there is a native, quicker way of doing this it would be my preference.

Best Regards,
Rich