ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by SimonSmailus"
SimonSmailus

Score: 0
Thank you, that was it! I'd turned it on in iOS, but on the web version.
SimonSmailus

I cannot find a way to view starred item on the web version. The star does not appear in the grid view and it is not available in the sort view.

How do I view starred items or sort by starred items?
SimonSmailus

Score: 3
That really is great news!

This gives me confidence to continue to use Toodledo.

This message was edited Jul 12, 2021.
SimonSmailus

Posted Jul 12, 2021 in: iOS Update - June 2020
Hi Anant,

Is there an update please on the status of Toodledo? I'm still using it and with the return of the forums and some of the website being refreshed, was hopeful for Toodledo's future.
SimonSmailus

Posted Mar 03, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
I stopped using Start date many months ago. Instead, I use Due date as start date, and add the hard deadline to the front of subject line for the tasks that have it. Most tasks don't have a hard deadline, and setting a date using a Due date field is much faster and easier (especially with Siri).

I'm very partial to start dates. I like due dates to be deadlines and start dates means a task shows up when I need to start working on it.

I settled on GoodTask as I already had the iOS app and £39 for the desktop all for a one-off seemed reasonable in a sea of subscriptions. Plus I really like that GoodTask integrating with Reminders means I also see tasks when viewing calendars, which is a real bonus, without any extra work.
SimonSmailus

I've moved to GoodTask as I'm in an all mac environment. Does everythink Toodledo did for me. Didn't use the notes, outlines or habits much. GoodTask does have one important feature many seem to be lacking these days, which is Start Dates.

In many ways I would have thought TD pedigree would at least make the name sellable. It would be interesting to know who actually owns the company. All the servers, configurations, payments systems etc, will need some maintenance, so a crunch point does have to come.
SimonSmailus

Posted by mlb32704:
Posted by creinhard:
There is an outside discussion forum, you'd need to create a Slack account to access

https://td-user-coop.slack.com/?redir=%2Fmessages

It's not an overly active forum.. yet :D

I had a very difficult time setting up and accessing this forum on Slack, and I've since deleted my account entirely. Slack is geared towards workplace team forums, not a discussion like this. I would not recommend continuing to use Slack as the solution to support a discussion forum on Toodledo. It sounds like there are several discussion forums out there already, so we just need to condense to just one and pick a hosting solution that is intuitive, easy enough for everyone to access and participate in, and free. I don't care if it's Quora, Reddit, Google or some other common, easy to use solution, but Slack is not the right solution for this.

Look for another post from me shortly, asking everyone to weigh in on the best hosting solution for one Toodledo discussion forum outside of Toodledo.

Agreed, couldn't sign to this slack account. Slack is a poor choice for a forum, it's focus is team projects.
SimonSmailus

Posted Jun 23, 2020 in: We’re Back
Posted by Anant G.:

Wow! Thanks for the feedback. Here is the newer version of the app : https://testflight.apple.com/join/YV3Mvh12 :)

Already using it! Keep up the good work!
SimonSmailus

Posted Jun 21, 2020 in: We’re Back
Score: 5
I must be the only guy happy with the app.

I appreciate it is not polished, but it is moving forward. I understand Toodledo went through a leadership crisis with the CEO leaving, which is a big thing and this reverted the app to 2017. However, on my mac, iphone and ipad it works. Yes there are visual glitches and it looks outdated, but it works. I've used omnifocus, Todoist, even the shiny Things 3 app everyone's been singing about, but nothing, absolutely nothing comes close to doing what Toodledo can. I can view my tasks from any number of angles. I have no doubt that app will continue to improve. Folks have said they should sell the app to someone else. This has been a disaster for a number of great apps I used to use such as Voodoopad and The Hit List. There is momentum here. The iOS app is being updated. Yes it would be nice to have more info on the forum, but if a decision needs to be made between development and fielding hundreds of negative comments, I'd prefer them to just keep on trucking with improving the app. It's better now than it was at the beginning of the year and it will be even better at the end of the year.
SimonSmailus

Posted Feb 24, 2020 in: Moving On: Final Post
Score: 3
Toodledo still works, and works well I might add. The iOS apps have a few visual glitches, but I'm here for the duration of the ride. Nothing out there compares to Toodledo. I used the mac Things app, but it is very feature poor in comparison. I tend to work off the browser and iOS. I've had no data loss and am hopeful that the app will move forward.

I want to encourage Anant to keep going!
SimonSmailus

Posted Feb 24, 2020 in: Threads locked
Score: -1
After reading the threads I can see why he locked them, I would have done too.