ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by "
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted Jun 04, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
The Amazing Marvin looks, well, Amazing. I'll definitely give it a test drive.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 30, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 0
Looks like the regular app is available again in the App store, so you may not want to bother with the Beta. But to request a beta invite, create a Support Ticket here:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/ticket.php

Tell them your AppleID email address.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 29, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Jim, you can still get Toodledo on your iPhone if you get the beta version. You have to first install "Test Flight" and then Toodledo.

Full instructions here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/YV3Mvh12

It's annoying to have to jump over these hoops and I normally avoid beta products, but at least Toodledo beta seems stable. I've had no issues with it.

The "Roadmap" and "Features Request" page gives me hope (https://roadmap.toodledo.com/), and the company is still posting monthly blog posts. If they stick to a schedule, they should have their next blog post up in a week or so.

While I know that many software companies are moving away from forums, if you are going to have one, you should participate.

The new owners are eroding much of Toodledo's goodwill, which it earned from its customers over many years of excellent customer service and engagement. It's goodwill is a major part of the company's value given the large number of competitors.
MNBLOCKHEAD

I would like to use Toodledo for managing packing list. Currently I use Packing Pro. For those of you who travel a lot and need to have multiple packing lists for different trip lengths and reasons, how do you use Toodledo for this?

Outline mode is nice in that you can group items and can easily clear all checks to reuse the list when done. The printed list is also decent (I keep printed versions in the luggage). But it doesn't allow you enter any attributes, such as number of items.

Lists are flexible in that you can make a list and enter any attribute you want, but their is no way to clear all checked items at once for easy reusability. Also, the print versions of lists do not look very nice. Further more, you can't group list items.

I don't really want to use my tasks, but I suppose I could make folders for different packing lists. Also, the bulk editing feature to clear checks isn't as convenient as the Outline mode.

I'd be interested in learning about how others use Toodledo to manage packing lists.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 28, 2019 in: Can't find Toodledo in Apple App Store
The beta version is still available in "Test Flight"
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 28, 2019 in: Can't find Toodledo in Apple App Store
Same here. It does not come up in a search. When I open the Toodledo iPhone app and go to Settings/About and click on "Rate Toodledo in the App Store", I get the same message about the app not being currently available in my country or region. I'm in the United States.

This only increases my concern that the product is no longer being actively developed.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 28, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 3
I wouldn't be so concerned by the price increase if I saw more evidence of active development.

I have Toodledo set up just right for my GTD-based task management system.

I also like the Habits functionality.

But I don't use notes, am using it solo, almost never use outlines, and while I do use lists, I could made do with task-lists for list rather than a separate list mode. So I feel like I'm paying a lot more just for unlimited habits.

Also, development on third-party integrations seems to be lapsing. I would like to see better integration with virtual assistant technology (e.g. Siri, Alexa).

Finally, the iPhone app is rather clunky.

Yet, I've not found an ideal replacement yet.

In the past I've used project-management and collaboration tools like Wrike, Monday.com, and Trello. But all are more expensive for team functionality that I don't need.

Notion.so is one to watch...a customer is using it on project I'm working on with them. I could possible replace both Toodledo and Evernote, having my notes and task management in one place for a lot less money. Not really thrilled with the GUI for basic task management. I'll have to see if it grows on me.

Toodledo still manages to fit this very specific niche for a personal task management application. It would be such an easy decision to stay with it if I could see active development to back up the price increase.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 15, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Well, after spending quite a bit of time looking at competing products, I'm finding not handle Alexa and Siri integration well.

At this point, I'm wondering whether I'm making things too complicated. I'm not using many of Toodledo's advanced features and find I spend too much time fiddling with how things are organized.

Ultimately, I need a simple task list organized according to the Getting Things Done methodology, plus context-based shopping lists. And, for the lattering, I'm thinking a single shared (with my wife) shopping list is sufficient with the name of the store at the beginning of the title for items that I definitely want to buy from a specific store.

iPhone reminders is sufficient for that.

If I use iPhone reminders, I can easily integrate/sync my reminders with Alexa using IFTTT.

The main limitation is that there isn't a great way to view iPhone reminders on a PC. I could just use reminders on iCloud. But not big fan of the iCloud website. I could just use my phone for all task management, I suppose.

It is too bad that Toodledo doesn't have a proper sync with Reminders. If Toodledo could act as a hub for Reminders and Alexa to-do and shopping lists, it would be worth the annual subscriptions. Especially since I do like the habits feature. I also like to use Toodledo lists, but I could live without both.
MNBLOCKHEAD

I'm currently determining whether to renew my Toodledo subscription next month or move to another service. I don't want to move to another service, because it is disruptive, and I do like the Toodledo Website application. I don't love, but can live with, the iPhone app as well.

But I'm frustrated with trying to integrate it with Siri and Alexa.

With Siri, all reminders from all reminder folders are imported into Toodledo, unfiled without their original context.

With Alexa, I can use IFTTT to have the "To Do" list items go to a different folder than the "Shopping List"

I've looked at a number of alternative tools and none of them have great iPhone reminder integrations or Alexa skills.

How some of them handle the integrations is that they have an Inbox. I don't like having to have everything dumped into an inbox and then have to organize in the app, but I can live with it.

In Toodledo it seems that the only option is to go to Folders and then "Unfiled" and then edit each task to organize.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 14, 2019 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
I'm up for renewal in less than a month. I hate to move, but I'm finding that I would be more effective if I keep it simple. There are some features like context and goals in Toodledo that are nice but I can live without. I use Evernote for notes, never used Toodledo for notes.

What I most need is something with a well-developed Amazon Alexa skill and also multi-folder syncing with iPhone reminders.

I want to say "Alexa add to my call list: John Doe to discuss Acme deal"

I don't want everything going to one folder that I then have to organize.

Also the sync with iPhone reminders is awful. It takes all my items from multiple lists and dumps them into one unfiled bucket.

If I want to make heavy use of virtual assistants, which I do, I've concluded that I need to look to tools other than Toodledo.
MNBLOCKHEAD

Posted May 14, 2019 in: IFTTT - can I set Context for a task?
I'm testing using IFTTT to add tasks to Toodledo using Alexa. But I use Contexts, not Folders.

Do I need to reorganize everything into folders to keep things organized?

Toodledo's Alexa integration is still very limited by relying on IFTTT because I'm unable to tell alexa how to file a task. It would be great if I could specify which context/folder a task belongs to so I don't have to reorganize in Toodledo.