ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by medouneu"
medouneu

Score: 1
  • medouneu
  • Posted: Jul 08, 2023
  • Score: 1
Posted by oliver.wiesner:

What I could not implement, but might be a better solution is, if you add a Google task via Google Assistant and have your task transferred to Toodledo via IFTTT. Anybody been successful with that?

At the time you posted this, no, this was not possible, but as of a month or so ago (May or June 2023), yes, you can use IFTTT to copy Google Tasks over to Toodledo. It's not great, but it's better than nothing. Usually tasks pop up in Toodledo in 0-2 minutes... but not always (sometimes takes half hour or more).

Setting up the applet in IFTTT is straightforward enough. Figuring out the best command to use with Google Assistant that involves the least pain-in-the-ass-ness? That took a while. Part of the problem is that Google Assistant insists on setting a date and time for Google Tasks, even though Google Tasks doesn't require them. I got annoyed at having to go through more than one prompt, which sometimes results in an infinite loop:

"Hey Google, remind me to do laundry."
"Okay, when do you want to be reminded?"
"Tonight at 7."
"Okay. What's the reminder?"
"Take out the trash."
"Okay, when do you want to be reminded?"
"AAAAaaaagghhhhhhh!"
"That's not a valid time. Oh, my, you appear to have burst a blood vessel. On a scale of 1 to 5, how would you rate my response?"

So, to avoid a similar fate for yourself, here's the verbiage I recommend using:
"Hey Google, remind me tonight _____________."
The actual timing doesn't matter for me - it could be "tomorrow morning" or even "next week" instead of "tonight" - because I only have IFTTT copy over the task name.

This message was edited Jul 08, 2023.
medouneu

Score: 1
  • medouneu
  • Posted: Sep 02, 2022
  • Score: 1
It is very important to me that I be able to add a task, anytime and anywhere, and hands-free (like if I'm driving). For years, I've used IFTTT to get Google Assistant to play nice with Toodledo, in spite of Google's best (or worst) efforts to thwart me. Now, it seems they've beat me with their latest "update" that makes IFTTT's Toodledo applets useless. I know it's not the fault of Toodledo or IFTTT, but that doesn't make it any less frustrating.

To combat this, I've started experimenting with Ultimate To Do's voice feature, but Google Assistant doesn't appear to play nice with it either (unless I missed something?). I'm also trying (again) to figure out how to get Zapier to work, but it's much more complicated than IFTTT; besides, it seems like it takes a minimum of 2-3 interactions instead of 1 like I'm used to.

It seems like my alternatives are 1) allow Google to dictate my choice of task app based on whether it will play nice with it or not, or 2) give up on ever having any kind of hands-free options that are actually useful to me.

Any suggestions?
medouneu

Posted Nov 07, 2019 in: Toodledo Chrome extension not updating
Score: 0
  • medouneu
  • Posted: Nov 07, 2019
  • Score: 0
The Toodledo Chrome extension for web pages and Gmail is referring back to some very old Goals, tags, etc. Might not be a problem, except that if I want to set a tag that it doesn't recognize as a default for new tasks, it won't stick. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Could it have anything to do with using Toodledo's Beta?
medouneu

Posted Jan 02, 2019 in: Email not changed
Score: 0
  • medouneu
  • Posted: Jan 02, 2019
  • Score: 0
I updated my email address some time ago (months). However, there are two places where it appears not to have been updated. First, I continue to receive promotional Toodledo emails at my old (Live.com) email address. Second, the Android app shows that I'm logged in using the old email address. This is in spite of the fact that when I look at my account info, it shows the correct (Gmail) address.

How can we fix this?