Search results for "Posted by Dave A"
Dave A

Posted Oct 08, 2019 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 2
  • Dave A
  • Posted: Oct 08, 2019
  • Score: 2
This is how I redeemed the code:

1) In my case, I created a StackSocial account using a gmail account I had lying around. Since I could not get the code to work with my regular Gold Toodledo account (which expires in 2 months), I created a new, free Toodledo account using the same gmail address as my new StackSocial account. Entering the StackSocial code within the free Toodledo account didn't work either.

2) I discovered that to redeem the code, you don't enter it into your Toodledo account, you need to click the 'Redeem Code' button on the StackSocial purchase page. When I did that, it automatically upgraded the free Toodledo account to Plus Subscription, which expires in 2024.

3) The button on StackSocial did not ask me to log in to Toodledo or confirm any account details. I just got an onscreen message that the code was successfully redeemed.

4) I don't know exactly why it upgraded my free account. It's possible I was already signed in to the free Toodledo account, or it may have cross-referenced the StackSocial account address with the Toodledo address and applied the code. I can't be sure what happened.

5) I wish I would have tried to be logged in to my original Gold account when I redeemed the code, because I really wanted to upgrade my existing account. Or made sure I was totally logged out of Toodledo. Maybe it would have asked me to log in or confirm my account details.

6) I ended up exporting all the account data for the Gold account and imported it into my new free (now Plus) account. There were warnings about some data that doesn't get exported, but it wasn't anything that affected me, so I didn't pay much attention to what it was.

I'm posting this in the hopes it helps someone else. And for the record, I purchased the StackSocial promo several weeks after it was first mentioned here. I bought it right before the promotion I was watching expired, and then saw the promotion was renewed again immediately after it ended.

*Edited to add: I'd love to hear if someone with a current paid account can purchase the promotion and upgrade their active paid account by clicking that Redeem Code button without having to jump through hoops creating a new free account and exporting/importing data like I did.

This message was edited Oct 08, 2019.