Search results for "Posted by sarah451"
sarah451

Posted Jul 06, 2016 in: how to turn off Smart Add Tip
Score: 0
  • sarah451
  • Posted: Jul 06, 2016
  • Score: 0
Hi Sabrina,

Well, not the answer I was looking for, but thank you for letting me know.

I do think that you should make sure that future pop-ups like that can be turned off once someone has seen and understood them. An "OK, I got it" button would work.
sarah451

Posted Jul 05, 2016 in: how to turn off Smart Add Tip
  • sarah451
  • Posted: Jul 05, 2016
In the on-line version, in Firefox, when I go to add a new task in the Quick Add field, a pop-up with Smart Add Tips shows up.
It has been showing up for weeks now, and I'm tired of it.
How do I turn the thing off?
sarah451

Posted Jun 04, 2015 in: Toodledo Redesign Plans
  • sarah451
  • Posted: Jun 04, 2015
I use sub-tasks a lot, but I've only recently come back to ToodleDo, and I simply could not get the doggone things to stay under the parent. I went to settings and tried every combination of those 3 options, but nothing worked. I would fix them where I wanted them, but as soon as I would change view (on the web), the sub-tasks would be strung out alphabetically among all the other tasks and not together with the parent at all.

I found the problem: "show" was marked "inline" and needed to be "indented" instead.

That information is in the help or FAQ. That's what gave me the heads up. It would have been more helpful, though, if either the information about "show" or a link to that help had been in the Settings/Sub-tasks section. That way, I would have been easily able to find out that there are 2 sets of controls for subtasks: one in settings and one in show.
sarah451

Posted May 26, 2015 in: Android App Updated and Redesigned
  • sarah451
  • Posted: May 26, 2015
Sorry again, Jake.
I would swear that I'm not nuts (although my husband might argue the point), but now I can't find numbers on either priority or on importance in either the older 5.4.2 version running on my Android 2.x phone or on the newer 5.8.1 version running on my Android 4.x tablet.

Sorry to have wasted your time.
sarah451

Posted May 18, 2015 in: Android App Updated and Redesigned
  • sarah451
  • Posted: May 18, 2015
Posted by Jake:
Importance and Priority are different things. This should explain:

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#53

Sorry, Jake. I used the wrong word.

It's not the "importance" that is set in reverse of "priority," it is "priority" on the tablet that is numbered in the reverse of "priority" on the website. "Priority" is one of the "fields/functions used" on the table, and "importance" is not on the tablet anywhere that I can see.
sarah451

Posted May 12, 2015 in: Android App Updated and Redesigned
  • sarah451
  • Posted: May 12, 2015
Has anyone noticed that when you add a to do item via the Android app and set the importance to "low," it displays in Android as "Importance Level: 2" which is the opposite of the numbering system in the web version, where Priority 2 is High?

Now, it syncs correctly as "low" with a number of "0," but I still find it confusing that the numbering system is not the same online and in Android.

This message was edited May 12, 2015.
sarah451

Posted Apr 30, 2015 in: New Section: Lists
  • sarah451
  • Posted: Apr 30, 2015
Excellent!
I've been away from ToodleDo for a while and just came back to discover the List!
This is Awesome! A flexible database that I can use like HandiShopper or even SmartListToGo! Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!

This is as close to a really good, portable (on my pocket device/phone) as I've had since HandiShopper2 on Palm. That got ported to the Windows phone, but never to anything else, and I've been through, literally, a couple dozen list apps in hopes of finding a decent replacement, not just for groceries, but for the packing list, the thread colors I have so I don't buy duplicates when they are on sale, plants I want for the garden, you name it! And, as others have mentioned, some list makers are not bad, but either you can't import, you can't export, or the devs just lose interest and the app stagnates. Now, someone reliable gives me all bits and pieces I need and it runs on Windows, any broswer I can get to, and will be ported to a nice Android app.

So I want to add my vote for porting to Android, and check/uncheck everything that shows in the filtered list all at one time.

Thank you, thank you, again. I can hardly wait till it comes to Android. OMG, to have my "stuff" back in my hand again when I'm out, all in one place, organized the way I want it. I've already started bringing in my old lists (packing, thread, etc.) from Palm that I lovingly saved in CSV years ago ... hoping for a miracle.

This message was edited Apr 30, 2015.
sarah451

Posted Oct 25, 2011 in: How do I get rid of an old tag
  • sarah451
  • Posted: Oct 25, 2011
I had a tag "cath"
I want to change the tag to "Cath"
I've tried removing the tag from all tasks, then typing in the correct one, but the old one keeps showing up in the list when I click on the field to add a tag. I tried logging out and back in before adding the correct tag to see if something would reset, but that doesn't work either.
What is maintaining the persistence of the old tag?
How can I get rid of it?
sarah451

• sarah451
  • Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Ah. So the tda is a snapshot of my toodledo list at the moment when I download it from the website.

That was not clear from the instructions. I thought I was downloading an app to facilitate the export and that the process would be initiated from the Palm desktop more like a one-way synchronization.

You might want to explain that in the instructions.
sarah451

• sarah451
  • Posted: Aug 16, 2009
The "detailed instructions" for export say to download the file (toodledo.tda) for my OS, but it doesn't say where to put it. Since it's neither a zip nor an executable, I have to assume it has to go someplace in particular.

Where?