ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by leopoldo"
leopoldo

Posted Nov 15, 2018 in: Pros/Cons of Alternatives to Toodledo.
Score: 1
  • leopoldo
  • Posted: Nov 15, 2018
  • Score: 1
Posted by Anastassia_2:
Another long time user here exploring alternatives. I like that Toodledo gives a total duration of all tasks in a given view and use this feature a lot for planning purposes. I looked into Nirvana, RTM and TODOist and they don't seem to have this and some even don't track estimated duration. Does anybody come across task managers that would do this?

Take a look at ClickUp or My Life Organized. Both have this feature. I'm playing around with both trying to decide if I'll move to them. ClickUp is more geared towards teams but pretty good for individuals. $60/year but they have a very generous free plan and a lot of great features and is ACTIVELY developed (seems like significant updates come out every few weeks). My Life Organized is a $90 one time cost (if buying both mobile and desktop versions) plus $15/year for cloud sync, but also has a lot of great features. It's a little clunky when it comes to data entry but part of that is because it's got so many super user features.
leopoldo

Posted Nov 03, 2018 in: Toodledo Update: Roadmap
Score: 0
  • leopoldo
  • Posted: Nov 03, 2018
  • Score: 0
Aaron,

Can you help clarify what the "In Progress" items on the Roadmap page mean vs. the other "In Progress" items that are marked on the feature request site in terms of timing? For example, a new iOS app is marked as "In Progress" but is not on the Roadmap page.

Is it correct to think that the items on the Roadmap page are what will be delivered in the next 6 months (and the only items), while the other "In Progress" items don't yet have an ETA?

Thanks.
leopoldo

Posted Oct 23, 2018 in: Feature Roadmap and New Pricing Plans
Score: 4
  • leopoldo
  • Posted: Oct 23, 2018
  • Score: 4
Aaron, thanks for listening to the forums, and trying to address some of the main issues. Here are my 2 cents on your latest announcement:

1) The one week retention of tasks on the Standard Plan does seem drastically short even for a user like me who rarely uses this feature, but it would still be helpful to be able to go back even 6 months on those rare occasions when I do need to check my history. Please consider increasing that. As a trade off, perhaps you differentiate Gold from Standard via some of the new features you have planned (e.g. the new customization features you mention), rather than this history limit.

2) Publishing the 6 month roadmap is a great idea, and I realize that puts a lot of pressure on you and your team. But the transparency is key and could be a great tool to help push people to upgrade their accounts, depending on what's on tap.

3) I am excited to see what you can roll out this quarter. If you can deliver on the items you mention, that would indeed be a great indicator of your commitment to making Toodledo a premium service, worth the premium prices.
leopoldo

Posted Oct 17, 2018 in: Future Plans
Score: 7
  • leopoldo
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2018
  • Score: 7
I'm all for paying more to support a product that gives me value. I'm a big fan of Toodledo, and acknowledge the old price was a good deal, but $60/year is a very aggressive increase when I look at other services like Todoist that are half that price and on the cutting edge of what task managers offer in 2018. I have trouble seeing how that math works, I'm afraid.

As was stated before, it would have been better to introduce new features, earn some good will from your user base to show that you can deliver on the improvements you've alluded to, and then raise prices.

At the very least, grandfather in any current users whose subscriptions are expiring in the next 6 months and give them a chance to lock in another year at their existing prices (or perhaps a price that's 10-15% higher if needed). By then hopefully you will have shown us that you are able to deliver a better service, and people might be willing to pay $60/year.

Alternatively, maybe you can unbundle the Notes, Outline, and List modules from the rest of the app? I would bet many users would be happy to live without them for a reduced price tag.

I've got another 9 months on my subscription so I guess I'll see how things develop in the meantime, but I will say it's going to take a Herculean effort on the new owner's part to get Toodledo to a place where it's worth $60/year.
leopoldo

Posted Sep 26, 2018 in: My iOS app wishlist
Score: 0
  • leopoldo
  • Posted: Sep 26, 2018
  • Score: 0
I would particularly second #2. That seems like it would be a fairly easy thing to implement as well (but of course the easiest things can often have many hidden complexities).