ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by holroy"
holroy

Posted Oct 27, 2015 in: View all task details in pop up window?
Score: 1
  • holroy
  • Posted: Oct 27, 2015
  • Score: 1
Is it possible to get all the task details in a popup window?

I sometimes limit my webbrowser to be only in the left part of the screen, which hides some of the columns which I've chosen to display in the task list. With this screen setup I now am unable to view all details of my task. So I would like to hit a button or key, to give me a full view of the current task. Is this possible?

And following up on my limited view issue, is it possible to move the attachment, note and delete buttons away from the far right, and possibly to the start of the line? When viewing in a limited width browser window these button disappear off to the right.

These two small issues makes it a lot harder for me to use Toodledo, and it's sad because I really like to use it on Android and iPad, but the browser view doesn't feel as good as the other versions. But both these issues could be solved if there were a more responsive design adjusting for the width of the browser, and either having the rightmost button always showing (on top of scrolled content), or if the overshooting elements in a line were wrapped into the next line if the browser width were too narrow.

So, to repeat my self, is either possible to view all task details in a popup window, or to get a more responsive design so that the button on the far right can be accessed even with a narrower browser window?

PS! I'm using a monitor with resolution of 2560x1440, so when I'm talking about a narrower browser window it is still at around 1400 px wide... :-)
holroy

Posted Feb 19, 2015 in: Alternate formatting of outlines
Score: 0
  • holroy
  • Posted: Feb 19, 2015
  • Score: 0
Hi,

In my world there are two different types of outlines I use. Firstly an outline outlining a task list or project, where it is natural that when checking of items they disappear (or appear with strikethrough formatting). The second variant is to use the outline to keep track of items I already own, i.e. list of records, list of comic books, list of whatever, and here it is counterintuitive that if I check that I already own an item, it disappears or has strikethrough formatting.

Therefore my suggestion is that it would be great to have an option to mark an outline as being either an ordinary task list or a list of records, and then that the formatting of checked items would change according to outline type.

Alternate version would be to allow the end user to set the formatting for checked and unchecked items in the outline (for each given outline if not following default formatting options).

Regards,
Even Holen

PS! I do know about lists, but I've not befriended myself with them yet, and I like the option available in outlines to collapse different sections and so on

This message was edited Feb 19, 2015.
holroy

Posted Feb 03, 2015 in: Links in outlines
  • holroy
  • Posted: Feb 03, 2015
Hi there, sorry for replyimg yet again, but the ios internal links come and go when using the web browser. Sometimes reopening the outline, and waiting a few seconds enables the links, and sometimes not. Have not seen the same on the app yet... Kind of strange and slightly unstable behaviour those links, it seems.
holroy

• holroy
Hmmm... The internal ios links shows up as links here in the forum when I'm using the Mercury web browser. Strange...

This message was edited Feb 03, 2015.
holroy

• holroy
There is a difference in how they are handled compared to notes, at least. In notes links to gropen://some.pdf and tn://HomePage does work in the iPad version, and of course links to http://toodledo.com. In an outline the two first doesn't work. (They are ios internal links to open documents in respectively GoodReader and TrunkNotes, but I suspect it applies to most url extension used by ios)

These extra links doesn't work in the Mercury browser on iPad either, but that could be related to the web interface and maybe the browser. In other words, I'm not sure if internal ios links are supposed to work when viewing toodledo.com using a browser on the iPad, but it sure would be nice if it at least worked in the toodledo app!
holroy

Posted Feb 03, 2015 in: Reorder items within an outline?
  • holroy
Cool. Not easy to find though. Is this behaviour and other useful tips and tricks described somewhere?

By the way, I do like the amount of thought put into the user interface on an overall basis. It does have a lot of functionality and still a rather simplistic approach! Me like!
holroy

Posted Feb 01, 2015 in: Reorder items within an outline?
  • holroy
  • Posted: Feb 01, 2015
Is it possible to reorder the item within an outline? I.e. if you misplace an item, or if you want to sort your thoughts after jotting them down in an outline, it would be really nice to reorder the items into a better order.

Is this possible somehow, either on the web or in the ipad version?
holroy

Posted Feb 01, 2015 in: Notes formatting and ios shortcuts
  • holroy
Hi,

I've recently restarted using toodledo, and I see that it is possible to do notes formatting using html tags. However writing these on my ipad is slightly cumbersome, so I'm wondering what my alternatives are. Maybe one of the following is available, or could be available in the not so distant future?

1) Enabling the native ios shortcuts -- Then one could make templates like 'zm'='<em>', and 'xm'='</em>' ( where 'z' starts something, and 'x' ends something, in this case the em represented using 'm' )
2) enabling markdown support for notes -- Which enable even more formatting options, which are readily available and easy to type in even on ios (see https://help.github.com/articles/github-flavored-markdown/)
3) formatting toolbar -- Either as an additional top row to the keyboard as seen in some other apps, or as a context sensitive menu option when text is selected

Either way, do you see an easier option on how to do formatting of notes within the toodledo app on the iPad?

Regards,
Even

Nb! The ios shortcuts seems to work in the one line text fields,, but not always consistently in the notes field?

This message was edited Feb 01, 2015.
holroy

Posted Feb 01, 2015 in: Links in outlines
  • holroy
Could it be that he wants links to be enabled when editing an outline item? Like in the notes section where you can use links and they get active.

So that he could write items like: "ToodleDo website: http://toodledo.com", and then you could click on the link.

In other words, could it be that he wants to be able use the outlines as a partial favourites section? I know I would love having the ability to make outlines which could link both to websites and other ipad apps!

This message was edited Feb 01, 2015.
holroy

• holroy
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2009
I will try adding to their support forum, but they're taking for ever to register me :)

And when testing this I haven't synced to ToodleDo at all, but I do see your point in finishing it off within the wrong environment. But as stated, I haven't synced such a task, just tested on the iPT within Pocket Informant.

Regards,
Even Holen
holroy

• holroy
  • Posted: Sep 08, 2009
Within Pocket Informant there is an option to stop repeating a task when it's been completed a given number of times.

I don't seem to get this to work, and I wonder if it's just me, or if it's a bug. Mainly I have two issues, if it somehow seem to work, it seems to be off by one in the count. That is I say stop repeating after 3 times, and when I hit complete the second time it disappears. The other issue, is that it sometimes seems to enter an endless loop, and never stop repeating.

Here is a typical scenario: I want to take the bus to work at least 3 days a week, so I set up a task: "Take bus to work", Start date: Monday 7th Sept, End date: 14th Sept, Repeat: Every day, End repeat: After 3 times. If I know 'completes' this task several times it sometimes stops after two 'completions', and sometimes it just carries on for ever...

Does anyone else experience this? Is this new unstable functionality? Or is it just me who have misunderstood how to use this feature?

Regards,
Holroy

This message was edited Sep 08, 2009.