ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by jogo"
jogo

Posted May 20, 2022 in: Revamped web app?
Score: 4
  • jogo
  • Posted: May 20, 2022
  • Score: 4
Posted by Peter Scott:
Please be careful. "Modern" web appearance emphasizes big fonts and lots of whitespace. This would destroy the principal advantage of the task UI, the fitting of dozens of rows with a dozen attributes each on a single screen. I depend on that detail to handle the complexity of many interrelated tasks matching a search. If I wanted Remember The Milk I know where to find it.

100% agree.
jogo

Score: 0
  • jogo
  • Posted: Feb 06, 2022
  • Score: 0
Posted by snivelyjay:
I appreciate the suggestions and now I'm able to make the batch file work.

Is there a way to make Firefox download the Toodledo files to a specific folder that is different than the default folder?

Further down the same thread there is a post which suggests an additional batch file command to move the 3 files from the default download folder to another folder of your choice. [disclaimer: I haven't tried it]

https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/26873/-122533/read.html#jump

This message was edited Feb 06, 2022.
jogo

Posted Sep 17, 2021 in: Highlighting within Tasks?
Score: 1
  • jogo
  • Posted: Sep 17, 2021
  • Score: 1
If bold or italic satisfies your definition of highlight, then you can use HTML tags as explained here:

https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#59

This message was edited Sep 17, 2021.
jogo

Posted Jan 25, 2021 in: Making ToodleDo Backups a Weekly Task
  • jogo
  • Posted: Jan 25, 2021
Posted by Gummiblume:
Hi,

I did the same. If someone managed to automate this task I would be interested.

Kind regards

Holger

On Windows, you can:
1) Create a batch file that will do the multiple export/backup steps whenever you run it.
2) Then create a task in Windows Task Manager to run the batch file as often as you want.

Have a look here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/26873/-122517/read.html#jump

This message was edited Jan 26, 2021.
jogo

Posted Dec 24, 2020 in: TickTick? Sorting? Other Solutions?
  • jogo
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2020
The original poster is "more than worried that ToodleDo will be shut down" and looking for a solid plan B that includes sync on a Windows system.

It wouldn't make sense to consider TaskAngel for this unless they are no longer dependent on ToodleDo for Windows sync. I figured either the dependency is going/gone or the OP might not know about it.
jogo

Posted Dec 24, 2020 in: TickTick? Sorting? Other Solutions?
  • jogo
  • Posted: Dec 24, 2020
Regarding the TaskAngel price, the FAQ says "On Windows, there is a one-time free [sic] after a free trial." I assume they mean "fee" :)

But more importantly, if you want to sync iOS<>Windows or Windows<>Windows, don't they pass the data through ToodleDo for that? As explained in their Oct 2019 blog post. Is that no longer the case? My apologies if that was already covered somewhere.
jogo

Posted Dec 11, 2020 in: Toodledo Notes Alternatives
  • jogo
  • Posted: Dec 11, 2020
If you have a way to get your notes into Evernote, then maybe you can import from Evernote into OneNote.

I have not done this, but OneNote seems to support it. See https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote.
jogo

Posted Nov 25, 2020 in: Hosting
  • jogo
  • Posted: Nov 25, 2020
Posted by Larry3:
I and others have come to the conclusion Toodledo is no longer active as a company. From what I've read the beta apps have expired with no word from developer, support tickets unanswered, and no communication from them.

I guess the backend server could continue to work for awhile. At least until a server problem or perhaps when it comes time to renew their IP fees at which time no more Toodledo at all.

And given the long-time lack of communication, I wouldn't count on getting any warning before being cut off from all data. Today, next week, Jan 1, who knows.

I would love for TD to live up to the promises of the new owners, but the writing on the wall hasn't looked good for a long time.

Anyone who cares about their data should have a backup plan.

This message was edited Nov 25, 2020.
jogo

• jogo
  • Posted: Nov 01, 2020
Maybe it's just coincidence, but there have been reports over the years of issues around the US Daylight Savings time changes.

If that's what is affecting you, then you should see normal behavior again within a day or so.

Cheers,
- John
jogo

• jogo
  • Posted: Oct 29, 2020
Do you know what you want to migrate them to?

You can export the tasks to several file formats.

See: https://www.toodledo.com/tools/import_export.php
jogo

Posted Sep 30, 2020 in: sorting tags numerically
  • jogo
  • Posted: Sep 30, 2020
How about using 2-digit numbers for all of them, i.e. 01, 02, 03 ... 09, 10, 11, 12 ... ?

If they might go over 99, then use 3-digit numbers, etc.

Disclamer: I don't use tags and I didn't verify that this works, but it seems like it should if the tag field is sorted as text. Unless TD removes the leading zeros.
jogo

Posted Jul 17, 2020 in: how to batch delete completed tasks
  • jogo
  • Posted: Jul 17, 2020
(In Toodledo) you can use the search criteria [Checked Off = yes] to select all the completed tasks.

Then I assume you can delete them all with the batch edit by turning on the "delete task" selection and pressing "save". I haven't verified this as I don't want to delete my completed tasks.

Cheers,
- John
jogo

Posted Oct 31, 2019 in: Download Toodledo data
Score: 2
  • jogo
  • Posted: Oct 31, 2019
  • Score: 2
jogo

Posted Sep 13, 2019 in: Toodledo iPhone App Beta Testers
Score: 3
  • jogo
  • Posted: Sep 13, 2019
  • Score: 3
My batch file for automating backups has the following 3 lines (and nothing else):

start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/backup.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php
start "" www.toodledo.com/tools/csv.php?completed=1

Note that there are 2 double-quotes after the word "start" in each line.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2019.
jogo

• jogo
Posted by mariasmiles:
Posted by jogo:
... staying with Toodledo for now, but have automated a daily backup just in case.

Could you share your backup automation system with us? I like having the backups, and am still enjoying Toodledo after several years. I hope the team keeps it going.

Happy to share. On a Windows PC, I created a batch file with 3 commands to download the Toodledo backup XML file, and both of the export .CSV files (current and completed tasks.) Then I created a task in Windows Task Manager to run the batch file every day. I can share more details later after I get to my home computer where it is set up.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2019.
jogo

• jogo
Posted by thiobk02:
Can someone guide me on how they export to other iOS apps? Really lost faith in Aaron and co. Had high hopes last year but severely deflated now.

One iOS app you could try, from my testing of bailout options in case Toodledo folds, is Remember the Milk. It will import tasks from the Toodledo backup file.

I understand your deflation. It's unfortunate the way things have played out. I'm staying with Toodledo for now, but have automated a daily backup just in case.
jogo

Posted Sep 11, 2019 in: Toodledo Update August 2019
  • jogo
  • Posted: Sep 11, 2019
Posted by c5000nc:
I've been backing up the XML and CSV files daily, just in case. I hope I never need them.

Daily backups are a smart move. I really, really do hope Toodledo survives; I want to keep using it. But there's far too much writing on the wall to ignore.

"Hope for the best, plan for the worst."

This message was edited Sep 11, 2019.