ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by signup1917"
signup1917

Posted Oct 21, 2023 in: Upgrading my subscription
Score: 1
I have been a long-time subscriber and I just paid to upgrade my wife as well. A few years back, when it appeared we could lose Toodledo (before the new owners thankfully bought the company), I looked for a new solution and determined that none work near as well as Toodledo. I was overjoyed, as many of us long-time users were that Toodledo lived on. I really couldn't imagine life without it.

And yes, there are problems, glitches and things that need to be worked out but that happens with most apps, ask users of Clickup how their upgrade experience has been. With that said I hope folks who use Toodledo and see the value in this simple beautiful app consider upgrading. $3.99 is equivalent to a slice of pizza or one gallon of gas here in PA. I can't even get Starbucks for that price. So please, if you can swing it, consider upgrading. Thank you for hearing me out.
signup1917

Score: 0
Navigate to the folder on the task list and clicking on it. It will open the dropdown list of all folders. Select the folder you want it moved to.
signup1917

Posted Nov 15, 2022 in: Saved Search Template
Is there a way to create a Saved Search Template? I run two businesses, and each have multiple folders. I want to create various ways to search each company's tasks but don't to have to enter each the folders for each search.
signup1917

Posted Mar 06, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Posted by oletros:
Posted by Barrett_2:
Maybe we're coming about this wrong. Rather than pushing for Anant G to actually support this, maybe the thing to do is start advocating for investors to buy it. A product with a solid subscriber base is a good investment and the fact that the subscriber base is dwindling may make the price appealing to venture capitalists.

I don't have a huge follower base, but I tweeted out the idea: https://twitter.com/ba66e77/status/1368211355464069120. Would love to see others take up the call. Maybe we can find someone who will keep this alive for us.

Who would want to buy an obsolete platform without modern mobile apps?

My understanding is the code is poorly written which made it difficult to upgrade. The owners probably saw the cost of upgrading as too much and tried to get as much of their investment back by offering life-time subscriptions. I would hope that they are trying to find a buyer. At this point selling it at fire sale prices makes more sense then letting it die and getting nothing.
signup1917

Posted Feb 24, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Is anyone using a Relational Datebase for their ToDo list? A DB provides great flexibility. One drawback is the ability to easily setup reoccurring tasks which is a big part of my workflow. Also the time required to set the system up properly. I do like the ability to add additional fields, such as contacts which Toodledo doesn't allow and location which Task Angel seems to be lacking.

This message was edited Feb 24, 2021.
signup1917

Posted Feb 24, 2021 in: DISCUSS ALTERNATIVES TO TOODLEDO
Does TaskAngel have a user forum? TA is my backup and goto if/when Toodledo goes away. I am having a few issues with getting saved searches to work properly.

Thanks
signup1917

I was thinking the same thing. At this point they cant be making money, and letting it die doesn't do them any good. I wish the old owner could buy it back. Hopefully if a buyer shows up they would be willing to unload it at a price that is attractive.

From past post here it seems like the code was a mess and that is why they abandoned ship. That might make it difficult to find a buyer.

Has anyone contacted the owners other then through the help desk to see what is up?