ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by b.hughes"
b.hughes

Score: 4
  • b.hughes
  • Posted: Oct 17, 2017
  • Score: 4
It seems to me that you might find using contexts will make a big difference to your problems.

If you are looking at your list and it is overwhelming then you need to be able to break it down into smaller chunks so you are only looking at a few tasks at once, not all of them. Contexts might be a location or some equipment that you need for a task, this will probably mean that most things are @computer. If that is the case then you can break it down by either time available, energy level or some other basis.

This will mean that if, for example, you are at your computer will a 15 minute gap then you just bring up those tasks which fit with "@computer under 15 mins". This will be a much shorter list than looking at everything which is overwhelming. You then prioritise in the moment because, as you say, priorities change all the time so trying to prioritise in advance won't work.

The key is to use enough contexts so that you are looking at a list of up to about 20 tasks which is short enough to glance through and make a choice. If your contexts still give you a list of lots of items then making a choice becomes too hard and time consuming. This should help with 1,2 & 5 from your list.

I'm not sure how you are adding the time. If you go to your 'Profile & Settings' and then 'Fields/Functions used' you can choose to always have 'Length' come up when you add a new task so it should be quick to do.

Your other point is about adding tasks when not at your laptop, have you tried the app on your phone? I use that for adding tasks as they occur to me, wherever I am.

Hope that helps - good luck!