ForumsSearch

Search results for "Posted by tim.bader"
tim.bader

Score: 5
I'd would also love Evernote sync.
What I would really like to see is to have all Toodledo task notes synced to their own notebook in Evernote, with the evernote note named the same as the task and evernote tags added according to the context, folder and status of the task.
When I update the task with an attached note e.g. set it to "complete", then the Evernote note tag should be set to "Reference"

The other thing I would really like is an offline desktop application or Outlook plugin (not just a sync tool that doesn't take Toodledo status across).
-It's such a pain if there are internet problems at work or home!

Thanks!
tim.bader

Score: 0
Hi,
I have the same problem.
I asked the creator of the sync app about it and unfortunately, it does not allow for multiple categories from Outlook: I find that it only keeps the first category that is assigned to a given task.
I don't think he has any plans to change either but it might be worth asking.
I've tried using Context but all I get is a list of categories that represent both Outlook Contexts and Outlook "Projects", all appearing under the Toodledo contexts area, with each task being assigned to whichever of these happens to be the first category within Outlook!
Not very satisfactory.
If anyone knows a way around this, I would be grateful to hear it as well.
Regards,
Tim
tim.bader

Posted Sep 24, 2009 in: Toodle Do Sync and Outlook categories
Thanks very much for your reply.
So, as well as not being able to sync both contexts and folders, is there still an issue with having multiple outlook categories for one task?
tim.bader

Hi,
Is this a problem with multiple categories in the one task?
I have been having problems with syncing to Contexts which sounds similar.
I posted about it here:
http://www.toodledo.com/forums/8/3284/0/toodle-do-sync-and-outlook-categories.html

Could this be related?
Thanks
tim.bader

Posted Sep 22, 2009 in: Toodle Do Sync and Outlook categories
Hi,
I realise that everyone is busy but does anyone have any thoughts on my post?
Thanks
tim.bader

Posted Sep 18, 2009 in: Toodle Do Sync and Outlook categories
Hi,
I have some questions about the ToodleDo Sync App: How can I get it to work with multiple categories?
I am very pleased to get all my Outlook tasks into toodledo as I have had a good GTD system working in Outlook for some time but have had no way of mapping my tasks to goals, etc.
However, I started off by mapping the Outlook categories to contexts.
This got everything online but I have 2 problems:
1. One of my categories is "!Next" and this now appears as a context in toodledo. However, these tasks will also have a category assigned as a context e.g. "@Work" and toodledo sync is only grabbing the first category it finds so some of my "next" actions only appear under their context and vice versa.
2. Some of my categories are projects, not contexts but these all appear under the the context section in toodleso but should really be folders. If I change the applicable toodledo contexts to folders will that mess up my tasks back in Outlook or is there a way to sync both contexts and folders?

Thanks in advance for posting any answers and thanks to toodledo for a great app + keef for creating the sync app to go with it!