Search results for "Posted by Tomes"
Tomes

Posted Jan 28, 2019 in: Option to open link in new window
Score: 1
  • Tomes
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2019
  • Score: 1
Hello there,

Can you please provide an option to change the default behavior so that clicking on a link will open it in another window. I know you can CTRL+click or right-click and select "open in new window", but the number of times it doesn't happen (through accident or sensitivity on buttons) and the link hijacks the window is extremely annoying and frustrating.

This should be a fairly simple fix I'd think.

Cheers,
Tomer
Tomes

Posted Aug 02, 2018 in: Open links in a new tab PLEASE
Score: 2
  • Tomes
  • Posted: Aug 02, 2018
  • Score: 2
This has come up numerous times in the past. Please allow hyperlinks to open up in a new tab. I don't know ANYONE who wants to replace the current browser window of your Toodledo tasks with the page you are going to.

YES, you have to change the default behavior for everyone, however many websites and webtools out there already do this. Sure, work on a setting somewhere where you can change that behavior, BUT PLEASE CHANGE THE DEFAULT, it is the way most people use the product.

In other news: Maybe have a enhancement request area that doesn't close the topic due to age after a few months, so people can up-vote this. I understand that aren't too many votes on this feature, but the community is small and there isn't a persistent place to find this enhancement. Each time I look it up I get some other old, outdated, closed thread, so voting on those is useless and trying to comment there impossible.

Cheers

p.s. I LOVE your product and service otherwise, but this an annoyance for me on a daily basis. Yes, I know you can middle-click, and right-click and say "open in a new tab", but the accidental click occurs, and moves you from the page, and I NEVER want that to happen, it's just poor design.

This message was edited Aug 02, 2018.
Tomes

Score: 0
  • Tomes
  • Posted: Jan 28, 2016
  • Score: 0
Sweet, that was exactly what I was looking for, and works!
Tomes

• Tomes
Posted by Adrien Beau:
First select "Advanced options..." in the Repeat field,

FYI, that's exactly what I've done. But for some reason it automatically changes all my written text to "Monthly".

I mean, I've used this functionality before, but for some reason when I looked at this today it wasn't working... just kept changing my advanced text string to "Monthly".

This message was edited Jan 28, 2016.
Tomes

• Tomes
I just tried using a task repeat with "Every first Thursday of each month" under Due Date, exactly as mentioned numerous places in this forum and also in the help (e.g. https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php#2)

However, as soon as I click "enter", it changes the text to read "Monthly". If I go back in and click on the Due Date, and click Advanced, it still says "Monthly". Testing it shows no difference from Monthly, so if I click that it's complete, indeed the next time it shows up is one month later, not the first Thursday of the next month.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this functionality no longer supported? Any thoughts or solutions?

This message was edited Jan 28, 2016.
Tomes

• Tomes
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2015
Maybe. I was in a public place (although on Work VPN, which is never a problem), and had another possibly firewall-related issue around the same time. Anyways, now in another network it works fine. Never seen that problem before.
Tomes

• Tomes
  • Posted: Jun 25, 2015
Looks like when logging in today in Chrome I see all the checkbox and star icons as broken pictures. Similar issue in IE 11.

Is this a temporary problem? I can't check a task as done, although I can do things like change the due date, view the contents, and modify and create new items.
Tomes

Posted Nov 21, 2013 in: Multi-Edit is not saving changes
  • Tomes
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2013
Tried the same thing in IE, no different. Is this a bug?

I just created two new tasks called "Testing1" and "Testing2", searched by "Testing" so they both showed up. Tried to use Multi-Edit to change the date, change the priority, and change the folder, all in separate tests. Nothing changes.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this functionality broken?
Tomes

Posted Nov 21, 2013 in: Multi-Edit is not saving changes
  • Tomes
  • Posted: Nov 21, 2013
I just found out that Multi-Edit can be used to change multiple things at once. So, I search by Due Date for everything due yesterday, and then modify to have it due today. I click Save changes, and I get a little Chrome popup saying "The page at www.toodledo.com says: You are about to permanently edit all 11 visible tasks on this screen. Are you sure this is what you want to do?". I click OK.

Nothing happens. I tried this multiple times on yesterday and the prior days tasks, but nothing actually changes. The dates stay the same. Any ideas?